Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
So, I just recently got this game and at first, I didn't like it. For a few reasons...

For starters, I didn't like the first-person view and didn't realize you could change it to third-person. I don't like first-person games, for the most part [yes, that includes shooter games] so that was a downer.

Secondly, the game was kinda... Boring at first. Getting through that first dungeon, out the sewers to the rest of the world... It was kinda mind-grinding to do.

But I got into the world and started running around and now I love this thing! I just bought the guide for it, too... Big, thick guide book for 20 bucks? Pft, no thought required there. I've joined the Mage and Fighter guilds and I've been having fun going around with my Dark Elf Battlemage, killing stuff and learning things. I've done a few quests so far... I got one of my seven Mage Guild recommendation letters and in the guide book, I've just learned that one of the first things you can do after getting them all is creating your Staff. THAT I cannot wait to do, as a Battlemage, I specialize in Destruction magic... That means if I get a Destruction Staff, I can get Fire, Frost or Shock enchantments on it... I'm definitely considering the Frost.

However, first I have to get back into the Mage Guild -.- Apparently I "stole" things from one of the associates, and I'm still confused about this. I've been to TWO Guild halls... Skingrad and Chorrol's. In both of them, one of the first things I do is clean out all the alchemy tools they have and pawn them at the local Skingrad Alchemy shop for gold. Never once have I been told I was "stealing", with other Guild Associates standing right next to me. But I go to save Erthor from a cave of Zombies, pick something up off a table and get told I'm on suspension for stealing from him! o_O Excuse me, did I NOT just wipe out a dozen Zombies to save your ass? Pft. That is gratitude for you.

So, now I'm off running around the world for a batch of bloody flowers to get back in. Then I need to make some more money, in order to buy some good Destruction spells and increase my magic powers, MUAHAHAHA :)

Anyone else play this?

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
U just got into this? Hehe, you're missing out on the best part of Oblivion.... the MODS!
Ya want better graphics: ya want better items, more people, more quests, monsters, ect; they got it! There are thousands of mods and I suggest to look on this site which houses A LOT of mods.

dead link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

muchalive

Reaction score
i dont play the game but i heard it was realy good. and i beleive that there is a world editor for it. wich i am a huge fan of world editor. :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Yea it's the elder scrolls construction set/kit whatever. I use it a lot and it's a very expansive editor. But it's not as simple though as to open it and make a castle from nothing. I haven't experimented but I know it could get complicated.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I have this for the 360, guys. Not the PC.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The beginning's kind of slow, I'll admit that. And the whole character creation process is definitely long, but very detailed... After you get out into the world and start talking to people, I think you'll start enjoying it.

The good thing is they point you in the direction of a town for the main quest. Whether or not you choose to follow it from there is up to you. I haven't done anything for the storyline since then... Too busy getting my mage stuff done :D

muchalive

Reaction score
Yea it's the elder scrolls construction set/kit whatever. I use it a lot and it's a very expansive editor. But it's not as simple though as to open it and make a castle from nothing. I haven't experimented but I know it could get complicated.

do you have to have the game in order to be able to run the editor?

if not then its smooth sailing for me :p

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Not sure, check out their site to see if it'll work.

And Seth, ur missing out a lot, lol. If u have the pc version, the controls are easier, the mods are incredible, and it's basically a lot more fun :D

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score

And Seth, ur missing out a lot, lol. If u have the pc version, the controls are easier, the mods are incredible, and it's basically a lot more fun :D

Well controls are arguable...on the other hand the mods are really something

DM Cross

Reaction score

I don't believe in mods, and I like the 360 controls, so I guess I'm not missing out on anything :)

Reaction score
Can you get Shivering Isles for 360? If so, you should get it. I love it.

Reaction score
One of the most fun things to do is start huge battles in the Arcane University. With so many mages in such a tight space, the NPC's spells invariably end up hitting each other instead of whatever they were originally trying to attack.

Reaction score
If you like Mizuio Ken, you will really love the Sheogorath dude in the Shivering Isles, because he's as insane as Ken, if not more.

Only thing I hate is that my PC can't run it very well when I have enabled grass..

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Do u run on low graphics? If it still lags, then find some low poly textures in the site I listed. There are many mods available to both ease the performance issue with textures and to also expand it with more life-like quality.

DM Cross

Reaction score
One of the most fun things to do is start huge battles in the Arcane University. With so many mages in such a tight space, the NPC's spells invariably end up hitting each other instead of whatever they were originally trying to attack.

Won't that get you suspended? o_O

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Won't that get you suspended? o_O

Well, you can attack the imperial guards, and if I am not wrong the mage guild will defend you, and that will start some battles.

And woah, I played this game A LOT. I've completed the main quest line too many times :rolleyes: But the funniest thing in game, imo is the Dark Brotherhood (An assassin guild). They have the sneakiest and most cunning missions and allows you to complete the missions in several ways.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.