Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Well, the developers wouldn't have released modding tools if it was illegal to mod it, would they?

You're speaking to someone who doesn't own the PC version and has never seen it, nor does he know much about it. This is why we ask questions instead of making statements, as to not say something wrong.

This is also meant to avoid people like you copping an attitude :)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It was fun for a while, but then I realized that my warrior could one-hit everyone. Then I went outside.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
I'm level 39, Breton. I love conjuration, Destruction, blade, block. I finished all quests already. =) Although, the mods didn't finish most of the quests. Remember the orc lady who sells horses outside Imperial City? She supposed to have a quest but Bethesda Networks didn't do it. I forgot what website was that.. Elder scrolls is a good game. Won the best game in E3 in 2003.

=)) Best played in Very High with Anti-Alias. I only play it in Medium because my PC isn't that good.

"The Adoring Fan" is the best character in the game! Tons of mods about being a demon and foolishness! He Rocks!! Go to youtube and see more. LOL

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Lovely game.

Somewhat disappointed that despite the 'freedom' given to you its still fairly limiting.

The thieves quest (imho) is so fantastic I actually wish that it would continue after you become the head of the guild.

And I believe that the major problem with the game is just that. There are no laurels for you to rest on. The head of the thieves guild should have thieves reporting to him, sharing their profits etc.

Seth. Get it for pc. And try some mods. i recommend a few, namely ones that address the 'emptiness' of cyrodill (it adds a few more denizens, I believe its called OOD.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Have we ever seen a truly "free" game, though? In terms of freedom, of course. Not cost :p

Either way, I've never seen an actual open game except stuff like Runescape, WoW and Tibia [and games of those nature] but even still, they tend to become more of a drama center than a real game to me.

Either way. I don't do PC games that often. This being included :)

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I just got back into oblivion and in 2 hours, already have 50 mods installed lol. So damn fun :D

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Has any one played the elders scrolls 3:morrowind? I always thought it was better than oblivion because it had more stuff... It had things like spears, pauldrens, axes were not considered blunt weapons...Wish they could release a better version of that with morrowind graphics...

I'm just saying if you enjoy oblivions, try out Morrowind, fighting engine is a bit wack but ya get used to it ;P

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There was some rigged pieces of armor in Morrowind. I got the Daedric stuff in like two seconds and I just started one-hitting everyone. And I mean EVERYONE. I just went on rampages slaughtering entire guilds. EVERYONE was dead.. and there was nothing to do.

DM Cross

Reaction score
You know, Seb!, you seem to claim you can one-hit everything in this game. I'm beginning to think you're simply full of crap :)

Feralex

Reaction score
You know, Seb!, you seem to claim you can one-hit everything in this game. I'm beginning to think you're simply full of crap :)

Actually its fairly easy to one-hit stuff in Morrowind if you know what youre doing (that is if you know where the sweets are). In Oblivion however its impossible to one-hit guards and most monsters without cheating (and i never cheat) as far as i know. Everything else are in fact "one-hitable" if you sneak while attacking if your a skilled thief or warrior.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Has any one played the elders scrolls 3:morrowind? I always thought it was better than oblivion because it had more stuff... It had things like spears, pauldrens, axes were not considered blunt weapons...Wish they could release a better version of that with morrowind graphics...

I'm just saying if you enjoy oblivions, try out Morrowind, fighting engine is a bit wack but ya get used to it ;P

Yeah, Morrowind has like a 10x bigger, more awesome world, too sad just the graphics sucks, else I would still play it.

And oh, you can actually one-shot most things in Oblivion if you get some really lame enchantments on your weapons.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually its fairly easy to one-hit stuff in Morrowind if you know what youre doing (that is if you know where the sweets are). In Oblivion however its impossible to one-hit guards and most monsters without cheating (and i never cheat) as far as i know. Everything else are in fact "one-hitable" if you sneak while attacking if your a skilled thief or warrior.

I find that hard, since the game's monsters tend to level with you.

Feralex

Reaction score
I find that hard, since the game's monsters tend to level with you.

True they level with you but with the best gear in the game and 100+ in sneak and blade or blunt will kill almost everything with a one-handed sneak-attack except guards and some badass monsters.

DM Cross

Reaction score
So, I stopped playing this after a while... And am now considering starting a new character and getting back into it until 1/5/09... THE RELEASE OF DARKSIDERS! :D

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I'm jonesing for a new Elder Scrolls. Fallout 3 was fun, but it couldn't touch the depth or setting of Oblivion.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is there one being worked on?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.