Elder Scrolls Online

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to have faith in MMO's, but in the end, they always play more-or-less like World of Warcraft. And I'm bored to death with anything that looks or plays like(*) World of Warcraft.

Then again, Elder scrolls online might not play like WoW at all. Who knows.

(*): I think that even a game like Guild Wars 2 feels much too close to WoW for me. That's how bored I am of the genre. Lol.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion the MMORPG Rangarok Online did not feel like WoW at all.
It was different and alot of fun for me (back in the days).
Had its own flaws, but the balance was very interesting in that game.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I tried to have faith in MMO's, but in the end, they always play more-or-less like World of Warcraft. And I'm bored to death with anything that looks or plays like(*) World of Warcraft.

Then again, Elder scrolls online might not play like WoW at all. Who knows.

(*): I think that even a game like Guild Wars 2 feels much too close to WoW for me. That's how bored I am of the genre. Lol.
I'm really bored of the genre as we, but they might break away and keep the mechanics of the previous games, which could be really cool online.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I'm really bored of the genre as we, but they might break away and keep the mechanics of the previous games, which could be really cool online.
Bethesda has not disappointed me yet, and they keep coming out with good games. I think they do not release something if it is a "fail" or not such a big game. They really put time and effort into their projects and make them amazing, tho not perfect. But who does? And again, I guess you have to really like Bethesda works.

Varine

Reaction score
I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind, absolutely hated Oblivion (kind of liked The Shivering Isles, liked a bunch of mods, not Oblivion), and haven't played Skyrim very much, however it appears to be a major step up from the previous game.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind, absolutely hated Oblivion (kind of liked The Shivering Isles, liked a bunch of mods, not Oblivion), and haven't played Skyrim very much, however it appears to be a major step up from the previous game.
Wow, same opinion here. I havent actually ever played skyrim myself but i have watched some footage and reviews.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim, much more than Oblivion (I could never get into Oblivion, not quite sure why.)

That's why I am quite eager to see how Elder Scrolls Online will turn out.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Ehhhm.. They did one thing right. They created a sort of platform, followed up by a developer kit. And mods get made. Some of the mods, when combined, create my personal experience of one of their games. As I like it best. But the game needs to be a kind that apealls to you in the first place.. I loved that hard role-playing feel, in games such as Oblivion, and with mods I had the best (..personal) experience.

For instance to explain what I mean... I thought World of Warcraft was an exceptional game in Wrath of the Lich King. An expansion I meant was best, because of the state of PvP and the general gameplay. Others said Vanilla (before any expansions), some The Burning Crusade (the second expansion..) and a lot of people think the current World of Warcraft is the best. And that is because World of Warcraft developed into a current type of game, with certain elements and features, that attract the general POPULATION ( aka the most people (today)). But I don't like the game's current state now. And that is what I look for when I differ a good game from a bad. I really like the games that get modd'ed.

How ever, I do not hope The Elder Scrolls Online get modd'ed lol, would that even be possible?

But they have been creating games with features, goals, combat and end-game I REALLY appreciate and enjoy. So I am looking forward to TESO and wondering how the hell their MMO will turn out. I cross my fingers.

____

By the way, thoughts on Skyrim? I found Oblivion and Skyrim to be lacking in difficulty through out the game. If played on hardest, it would still get easier, because of the over natural increased damage and defense between weapons and armor. I like the simulator feel, and therefor "natural" combat. "Realistic". In a way a fantasy game can get, is essential to me. Two hits to the head with an axe, you're fucking dead man. Three arrows to the chest, you get crippled. Potions; fantasy, it's allright. Storm, Earth and Fire? Hear my call, but keep it down. I like spells and mystic, it should be natural and not God Like. That is "realistic". Well, for me. And what I like best.

I like this mod:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281
... it made the game (Skyrim), more like that^.

Varine

Reaction score
Morrowind had the SDK too. And it was much more flexible, you could import custom weapons and animations which you could not do in Oblivion, making it essentially a nice little engine for total conversion mods and whatnot for a totally different game style.

I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim, much more than Oblivion (I could never get into Oblivion, not quite sure why.)

That's why I am quite eager to see how Elder Scrolls Online will turn out.

A lot of people had that problem. It was just such a boring landscape for the most part. All the cities were the same, the landscapes were fairly boring (in comparison to Morrowind and The Shivering Isles), and I felt it really hard to get into the story. I mean it basically started you off and was like "well the Emperor is right there. Let's send this criminal that happened to be in the cell we went through." Right off the bat it was so basic that you didn't really need to get further into the game to understand what's happening. In Morrowind it was complicated, there were so many things involved, and it wasn't just thrown at you in this dumb way that pretty much spells out what's happening. And in the Shivering Isles the landscape was so cool and alien you wanted to go see everything and the main plot was just ridiculously entertaining because it was so far out there (schizophrenic god with multiple personality disorder that wants you to stop his world from having order? Much more interesting than finding an emperor, delivering him to people much more suited to find and protect he emperor, then running around doing random shit before the story moves at all, and when it finally did I was really not that interested. And wanted to go back to Oblivion after the end, but couldn't). Even most of the mods for Oblivion sucked because people tried to fit them into the game world without you noticing it too much, meaning that it wasn't very exciting again.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
And Oblivion was way easier. And then there was that crappy system about loot. The trader in town A knows that stole a fork from town B 2 years ago and wont buy it.
Its bullshit.

Then every now and then you find an NPC who is invincible because he belongs to some nonsensical small quest. Every second farmer was invincible.

My favorite: The bandits get better equipment depending on your level. At level 1 you find a bandit without armor or much cloth, only equipped with a rusty dagger and he wants 10 gold from you.
At level 30 you find a bandit without much armor or cloth equipped with a glass claymore, worth millions, but he still wants just 10 gold from you.
This guy could sell his weapon and forever live the life of a rich man, but no, he wants 10 gold from random passer-by's.

The monsters were much more boring too. Remember all the crazy creatures from morrowind? Were are they all gone?!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.