Spell Elune's Arrow

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Here's another DotA spell made by me. Elune's Arrow. It's all in GUI.
It containd a Game Message, so you can see how much the stun duration will be on the affected unit. You can deleted that Game Message.
Please tell me any leaks, or improvement, so I can improve this and added to the index.

BTNImprovedStrengthOfTheMoon.gif

Elune's Arrow
Fires an arrow to a location with deadly precision, dealing large damage and stunning the first unit it strikes. Stun duration increases based on how far the target is, ranging from 0.5 to 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 90 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 180 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 270 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 360 damage.

elunesarrowom6.jpg

Code:
Elune Arrow
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Elune's Arrow 
    Actions
        Set EA_Timer = 0.50
        Set EA_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set EA_Caster_Loc = (Position of EA_Caster)
        Unit - Make EA_Caster face EA_Point over 0.01 seconds
        Set EA_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Unit - Create 1 Elune's Arrow Dummy for (Owner of EA_Caster) at EA_Caster_Loc facing EA_Point
        Set EA_Dummy = (Last created unit)
        Set EA_Dummy_Loc = (Position of EA_Dummy)
        Set EA_Face_Arrow = (Facing of EA_Dummy)
        Trigger - Turn on Elune Arrow Action <gen>
        Wait until ((EA_Timer Equal to 5.00) or ((Number of units in EA_Group) Equal to 1)), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Elune's Arrow Stun Dummy for (Owner of EA_Caster) at EA_Picked_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Elune's Arrow Stun Dummy  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt EA_Picked
        Trigger - Turn off Elune Arrow Action <gen>
        Game - Display to (All players) for 1.00 seconds the text: (String(EA_Timer))
        Wait EA_Timer seconds
        Unit - Remove Stunned (Pause) buff from EA_Picked
        Unit Group - Remove all units from EA_Group
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_EA_Picked_Loc)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_EA_Caster_Loc)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_EA_Dummy_Loc)

Code:
Elune Arrow Action
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set EA_Timer = (EA_Timer + 0.05)
        Set EA_Dummy_Loc = (Position of EA_Dummy)
        Set EA_Offset = (EA_Dummy_Loc offset by 50.00 towards EA_Face_Arrow degrees)
        Unit - Move EA_Dummy instantly to EA_Offset, facing EA_Face_Arrow degrees
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 110.00 of EA_Dummy_Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of EA_Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is in EA_Group) Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                        Set EA_Picked = (Picked unit)
                        Set EA_Picked_Loc = (Position of EA_Picked)
                        Unit Group - Add EA_Picked to EA_Group
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of EA_Picked using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Unit - Cause EA_Caster to damage EA_Picked, dealing (90.00 x (Real((Level of Elune's Arrow  for EA_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
                        Unit - Remove EA_Dummy from the game
                        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                    Else - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                EA_Timer Equal to 5.00
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at EA_Dummy_Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Unit - Remove EA_Dummy from the game
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_EA_Offset)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_EA_Dummy_Loc)

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• [Elune's Arrow]-GUI.w3x
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,182

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
You forgot to mention if its MUI or MPI...

This can't be either MUI or MPI it uses a global variable for the unit that is carried over to another trigger...if it is casted twice it shall completely fail

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
If you don't mind i'd submit my JASS version of this :p

No problem at all. It would be better, to have the two versions. And how can I make this MPI or MUI? If it can be MPI or MUI...I mean for the global variable or wait time..

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
No problem at all. It would be better, to have the two versions. And how can I make this MPI or MUI? If it can be MPI or MUI...I mean for the global variable or wait time..

Well MUI would require JASS (because you use 2 triggers)

MPI would require you to use an Array so that 1 hero per player may use this spell

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
And about the JASS version, you will do it?

Well yes it is pretty simple...I just need to find a place to squeeze it into my schedule :nuts:

Eh...I blame school.

I will do it ASAP though.

Most likely weekend

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
seems easy to do.. a repeating timer, quick attachments, distance move and check on the same timer...

Just somethings, why have the stun in one trigger if you can have the stun in the other trigger ? then you could rid of the wait.
The spell looks fine +rep

Offtopic: o_O i live in argentina too.. :p

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
seems easy to do.. a repeating timer, quick attachments, distance move and check on the same timer...

Just somethings, why have the stun in one trigger if you can have the stun in the other trigger ? then you could rid of the wait.
The spell looks fine +rep

Offtopic: o_O i live in argentina too.. :p

Thanks for the comment. Awsome, I send a pm to you.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Set EA_Picked_Loc = (Position of EA_Picked)

This location is never removed.

-----------------------------

> I really think there should be a rule that spells and systems should be at least MPI.

Then why not make it so every spell needs to be JASS for better efficiency? And then it should also need to avoid BJs at all cost. It should also be perfect, too! ;)

Nah, it's like that because a spell can still be decent without being neither MPI nor MUI.

> seems easy to do.. a repeating timer, quick attachments, distance move and check on the same timer...

In a perfect world there would be a template for every spell in our Spell Section, and so no one could come up with a spell since the templates are already covering it all.

But, this isn't a perfect world. It's maybe easy for you, but not for everyone ;)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
cool...

i tried to make this in caster system and im 100% i can make it....but the spell bugs...
and i think its in the event OnAbilityEffect

thats why in my dota spells 1 spell pack i only have 3 spells in it....:p

anyways nice spell

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I am certain that Elune's Arrow cannot be created with GUI.. Possible with GUI-Jass combo.. GUI kinda's slow for the movement of the arrow..

Pigger

Reaction score
I am certain that Elune's Arrow cannot be created with GUI.. Possible with GUI-Jass combo.. GUI kinda's slow for the movement of the arrow..

Even if it's slow, a sliding trigger would work...which you can do in GUI. It's just nicer in JASS.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Hero1234, you have to tell if you are going to make the JASS version of this. So I can update it.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Hero1234, you have to tell if you are going to make the JASS version of this. So I can update it.

I made it :D

Only problem is the arrow won't face the right way when it is casted...gimme a few more days to figure out the problem...then I will post it as a new spell thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.