Empires [Source Mod - FPS/Strategy]

Rad

Reaction score
Empiresmod.com

Video [random one from youtube :D]
[youtube]euWgw3lIYGM[/youtube]

Description
Empires is a Source engine mod (meaning if you have HL2, CS:S, DoD:S or any other source game) you can freely download it and play it for free through Steam. Similar to Battlefield 2 and 2142, this is a large scale FPS which make some great vehicle maps. Smaller maps provide more infantry based action, most gamemodes are like "territories" or "assault" from halo/battlefield where you take control points.

Its actually a very unique mod, most are just another BF2/CSS ripoff but this is a mix of both with RTS added in.

There are close-quarter street maps which have inline capture points which focus on head-to-head combat, and open terrain strategy maps in which one player is made Commander. The teams are Northern Factions vs Brenodi.

Roles:
Commander
Construct buildings and performs research for the team

Engineers
Construct the buildings placed by the commander (They are built with 20%hp). Can also build one turret, one radar system, 10 walls and drop supplies. They can also use their handy dandy repair tool to revive and heal teammates (Upgrade needed to revive).

The game also features Soldiers, Snipers and Demolitions as classes with their own obvious purposes.

Each class has its own set of upgrades, and there are global upgrades like health and speed. These are access through the selection menu after you get a certain amount of points. They do not carry over to other rounds.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Oooh looks interesting, I should check it out later ;)

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I have that mod, and it's pretty good. They say, that it will include aircraft in the future releases.

If Commander is good, then you will win.

(Sorry for my (maybe) bad English, but I'm tired.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.