Enabling/Disabling vs On/Off

B

BKnight760

Ok, so for each trigger, there are two options at the top: "Enabled" and "Intially On." Ok, so that's great, but what's the difference between disabling the trigger and turning it off?

S

Swilo

Enabled/Disabled is whether the trigger will actually do anything in game or not. It's useful for debugging, because if you suspect a trigger you can disable it without actually deleting your work.
Initially on means that the state of the trigger is on, as opposed to off. An initially off trigger won't react to any events until another triggers turns it on.

It's all in the help file, if you would actually read it.

B

BKnight760

Alright...

I did actually read the help file... but it really didnt explain what I wanted to know. It gave just common sense info, but never really said what the differences were or the practical uses of any functions were... that kinda ticked me off.

Anyway... Alright, thanks. I can see the small difference now. :)

S

Swilo

The help file is there to define functions, if you're looking for examples of ways to use the editor you should have a look at any one of the numerous tutorials spread about the web.

Esentially, if you think a trigger may not be working, you disable it and test. You can then leave it disabled until you find a fix.
Initially on, when off, acts as if the trigger is disabled but it can be enabled mid-game. Possibly used for things like RPGs, where you only want a certain trigger (say a boss battle trigger) to occur after all "the super secret items" are collected. This way it won't respond unless it's time for it too.

B

BKnight760

Lets Get This Straight...

Okay, so if a trigger is Disabled, it CANNOT be turned on and off midgame? Or can you somehow enable it and then turn on/off?

S

Swilo

If you uncheck the "Enabled" option, it can NOT be activated during a game, period.
If you uncheck the "Initially On" option, it CAN be toggled in game with an action called "Trigger - Turn On"

IT IS ALL IN THE HELP WEBSITE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.