enemy freezes

M

Mygyth

ok i saw in the campains that u can have multi races so i decided to make a map
with all 3 races for 2 or more players.

i came up with 2 methods, but both end up with the enemy sitting there with three races doing nothing....

method 1:

player 1 and 2 are terran
player 3 and 4 are protoss
player 5 and 6 are zerg

7 and 8 are not used

all players have a command cntre/nexus/hatchery and 3 workers
1,3 and 5 r together and 3 and 5 give all units to player 1
same xcept with 2,4 and 6

method 2

1 and 2 are terran

4 locations, 2 at player 1's end and 2 at player 2's end.

both have a command centre and 3 scvs

6 zerg drones are created, 3 at p1's base and 3 at p2
same story for protoss

with both methods, both players end up with the 3 races as planned but player 2 goes idle at start and never wakes up...

plz help this is REALLY annoying

B

Basan

In which campaign?

As I recall it, there isn't a single scenario over the campaigns both on SC n' BW that has an AI player controlling all the 3 races. :nuts:

What I suspect is that you saw some Blizz' levels (like the Dark Enslavers campaign) were a Terran also controls a Zerg hive, both with the white colour. That was done using a give trigger as you've stated and then setting their AI with another trigger using an hidden script easily accessible trough other editors like SCXE, SCMDraft 2 or SF. Use those and you'll get it going snappy, although I prefer the 1st two since they're more stable and compatible in betweeen than StarForge is. ;)

Edit add: Ops, that I forgot to add the following n' my PC went dead while I was out to lunch. :p
To finally achieve that SFX of all races attacking with one colour you must use that trigger to make a player use the Terran & Zerg script in it's AI setting trigger and have another Player to control the 'Tossies in it's trigger. Now for the final touch you must make those players match their colour using SCMDraft 2 or SF.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.