WIP Epic Dungeon Siege

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, it's getting close to done. Just some grunt work and polishing, and it'll be ready for the first serious phase of testing. Since I can't seem to host from my computer for some reason, i'll probably post it up here for people to test out.

I hope i'll see it start popping up on Battle.net so I can jump into a game. ;-)

It'll be interesting to have my ass handed to me on my own map. :p

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Alright, sounds good! I'm sorry if I've been bugging you about this map a lot recently: I just had this idea once and rejected it. The ideas I do have either end up failing or a just quit on them. I suppose I should get to work on the one I have now (slightly against my will) and I'll do what I can.

Anyways, I was going to ask you if you'd like to send me your version of the map when it's finished. I could protect it and return it, and I'd like to take a look at the map itself (if you don't mind, that is. I can swear on what dignity I have left to leave it alone if you don't want me seeing it). That, and I would also like to import the triggers and use them in a series of similar maps: exactly what I was stating before. I wouldn't need your assistance on it, because I'm perfectly capable of looking at your triggers and seeing what I'd need to do to add other features, but that's up to you.

THANKS AGAIN!
ZeroThirteen (Dark_Resurrect on Azeroth)

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
You're not bugging me, I'm really glad my project warrents this kind of attention. I actually started this a year ago or more, and it got placed on a back burner after a nasty breakup with a close friend. I figured i'd work on it some more and just get it released (instead of letting the six months of work or so just rot)

I'll think about sharing the map with others. It's kind of a toss-up. I have to decide if I want to make it public or not. I know it seems kinda selfish, but i'm worried there will be a dozen crappy corrupted versions of my work, you know? I'm polishing this to the best level possible, and I don't want to see a version on Battle.net with Death Sheep, insanely unbalanced heroes and traps, and some douche bag's name on my work.

I'm not saying you'd do that. In fact, I may just send the unprotected map to one or two people. But I still have to decide on that. I have some time to decide though, it'll be a little while before this project is done.

I'm trying to get it in shape for a test soon, I'd love if you'd help test it out. Once it's closer to done i'll decide who (if anyone) gets the unprotected map.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I would be absolutely honored to help test. If you wouldn't mind, send me a PM when the time comes. You know I'll be there. :thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ahaha, ZeroThirteen this is so funny watching your fan-ning. :D

If you need some testing, I'm here too. :mad: (like a soldier... you know.. eh nvm)

Well, for the archer, maybe you could make the skills relate to "arcane" and "magic". The best combo for Arcane Archer - Arcane Shot. Make like a ranger but mixed with magic.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Thewrongvine, you've had your share of awe-stricken-ness (if those three words fit together). :p

Arcane Archer... I'd think something along the lines of enchanting arrows to slow enemies or acquiring a target, allowing the archer to do extra damage to that target if an arrow hits it in X seconds or so. But that's just me. :)

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Like what ZT said, you could give the Arcane Archer a passive spell that gives a % chance to hit an enemy with an arcane arrow, slowing it down and decreasing it's magic resistance. The unit will be marked as an Arcane Target; could be stackable?.
Then an auto-castable spell like Fire Arrows, only it will deal (more) extra damage to Arcane Targets.

Or maybe after X simultanious attacks in a short period of time she gains extra attack speed?

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
[anticipate Update]..........................................................................................................................................................[/anticipate]

Any more skill ideas required?

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I like the Arcane Archer ideas, i'll sit down and do some design overhaul on her.

I've been a bit sidetracked, introduced a whole new element to the game. Instead of having a fixed Dungeon Heart location that remains the same every game, the Dungeon Master can now select WHERE to put the Dungeon Heart, from a selection of about 8 locations. That means the Hero Party now has to actually search the dungeon to locate the Heart. And to do this in a shorter period of time, he'll probably have to enlist the aid of some scout units, and split up a bit. It's going to have a huge impact on the gameplay, I can't wait to see how it works out in the end.

I also introduced an expensive advanced structure for the Dungeon Master. Generators. Limited to 3 in existance at a time, this structure not only takes quite time to construct, but reduces cash income by a significant amount while it's alive. The advantage, however, is that it provides an armor shield for the Dungeon Heart and nearby structures. So you can hide up to 3 Generators around the Dungeon, increasing the Dungeon Heart's armor by a total of 60. It's still not immortal, but a decently bunkered heart would take much, MUCH longer to get to while shielded. It will require some tinkering down the road to balance these probably, but it'll be interesting to see how it works.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
When do we get to test? I'm sooooooooooooo excited! I can't wait! I wish there was a point to my posts! I just want to type so I can hit Shift+1! !!! It's great! Nice idea! I said that first post! When do we get to test! That needed a question mark! Wow! Hurry up please! I forgot a comma! I need to stop1! I messed up! I'm not going to fix it! Any other ideas required! I needed another question mark there!

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
It's still going! College finals had me a bit distracted.

Progress is a little slow at the moment. Mostly because I hate terrain design, and i'm having to remap the whole dungeon. But i've gotten that about 1/3 done.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Who the hell sets up these stupid college terms with only a week break in between?

Progress continues, with only a minor decrease in productivity, due to a lack of time. >.<

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Funny - I'm actually attending a two-week camp at U of M College of Engineering (C++, if you were wondering), and I've been a bit caught up. Well, good luck on the terraining. I'll be waiting to hear back from you!

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I suppose a bump from page three pages ago isn't too bad... I'm just waiting to hear back on this. A map I was really looking forward to. :(

On a side note, it currently has 666 views. :eek:

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Haha. 666 views? Priceless. ^.^

I'm still working on it, getting all the Heroes built is a pain in the ass. Namely since i'm trying to come up with more useful versions of existing abilities in most cases, so there's a shit ton of Channel spells that effectively create AOE versions of existing spells. (Entangle, Inner Fire, Curse, etc)

They'll be a ton of fun in the game, it's just a pain to write them all. But Heroes are coming along, and so is the dungeon layout - which is ALMOST done.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Sounds sweet! Can't wait for you to finish up. Well, let me know when you're finished, because I'd more than love to be in the first game on B.net when you play! :D

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
This sounds like it will turn out to be an amazing game. I can't wait for you to finish it! Hoping to be a tester if you make a beta or something. :D

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Well, my only worry about having early tests is that I don't want the test maps ending up on the 'net. I don't want it going REAL public until it's somewhat polished up.. I really want the first public product to be solid and a ton of fun. A lot of people won't give it a second shot if they don't enjoy it the first time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.