WIP Epic Dungeon Siege

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Things are going really well, sorry for the total lack of updates. Working a lot and getting ready for a new college in fall, been taking up all my time.

There's great news for the map too. My old crew and I hung out the other day and playtested the CRAP out of this map with about 8 people total. It was absolutely incredible. So there's a ton of little tweaks going on, and a nice list of improvements getting settled in.

There is a few glitches though, that I can't seem to sort out. A big one is one of the Heroes gets 'stuck'. It won't take commands or anything. But if you kill him, when he comes back he's fine. Can't figure out what it is.

Anyway, more information later! Gotta get some more work done on it. ;-)

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Oh, and I want to leave the name the same. I know it's kinda bleh at first, but it grows on you. I can't imagine calling it anything else now. ;-)

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
My buddies are veteran Warcraft 3 players, and they've played a ton of mods. They loved the map. And three of the testers were brand-new to Warcraft 3 (had to install it at the party, lol) and they're hooked on WC3 now.

So yeah, I'd say it's pretty solid. :)

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Pardon the bump... haven't been on in a while, and I decided to search this thread back up since I wanted to see how it was going. :)

The map is sounding great! I'd love for you to send me a pm for testing (that is, if you will do testing) when you're ready. And remember, I have nothing better to do with my time, so I'd love to help whenever I can.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
It's still under construction! I just haven't had any time to work, lately.

I'm moving in 10 days, though. Once i'm settled in, I should have a lot more time to work on projects.

I'm glad to hear there's still interest in this!

I'll make sure to keep you guys posted. :thup:

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Just an update to those who are awaiting this map. I'm sorry it's taking so long to complete! But believe me, it'll be well worth the wait.

Almost all of the Heroes are complete. Just a handful of abilities left to finish scripting. A few more structures need to be completed for the Dungeon Master too, but it's making great progress.

NEW FEATURE: Deities.
Probably the first Warcraft3 map to feature this. (Correct me if i'm wrong, though) Once a Hero reaches level 3, he or she may choose a Deity to follow. Currently there are four deities, each one has a different method for appeasing them. (Killing enemies, casting spells, etc)

Piety is how much your god favours you. It's increased by appeasing them. When you've collected enough Piety, you can request favors from your God at the cost of that piety. Your God may even choose to help you out of certain situations if you have a high enough piety.

Well, I have a few weeks off from classes right now, so i'm spending a ton of time on this project, hoping to finish it up. I'll keep you guys posted.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Cool, the deities sound awesome but hopefully not imbalanced ^^
Still a map I'm looking out for! :D

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
So far, no balance issues! I'm making sure to carefully test and balance as much as possible before the release.

I've had to pull a few conceptual features already, just to ensure things don't get too imbalanced. And some of 'em were glitchy, lol. I want this to be as perfect as possible on release.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.