Errors with Disabling Tech for a player

Red_drake

Reaction score
I have a hero that has a choice of which skills to take (3 choices for each slot, total of 12 choices)
The way the choices are set up, shops sell units that represent abilities, and once and ability unit enters the map, I can determin which ability the player chose and do the corrisponding stuff... etc.
This hero is available to up to 3 players. A player isnt allowed to pick a skill that another player chose already.
So I used the Disable Tech For Player function when the unit enters the map to disable that unit for all players.

However, its not working.

Is there a known bug with this function or something?

edit:
All I do is loop through all players, and disable the unit-type of the Entering Unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are buying that unit from a neutral shop you have to disable that unit for the neutral player.

Red_drake

Reaction score
hmmm.

i can try that... but im not buying it from a neutral player, the shop is owned by the learning unit

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not entirely sure but it might be that sold units do not count when disabling unit types.

try to train them instead of selling them as mercenarys. (actually the same thing just with a little time to wait.)

Red_drake

Reaction score
ok, so sold units are imune to the Disable Tech for Player...
and i dont want the 1 second minimum training time for training units, or the rally point icon...

is there a way to remove a unit from a shop's 'Sold Units'?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can remove the rally point icon by the way.

and to remove units from the list of sold units you have to give the "sell unit" ability to your shop and use the function:
"Neutral Building - Remove Unit type from Market Place"
or something like this. the function should be obvious once you find it.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
you can remove the rally point icon by the way.

and to remove units from the list of sold units you have to give the "sell unit" ability to your shop and use the function:
"Neutral Building - Remove Unit type from Market Place"
or something like this. the function should be obvious once you find it.

I do believe they must have been added by the "Neutral Building - Add unit type from market place" in order for this function to work. So best to just completely add the sold units to the shop via triggers.

Red_drake

Reaction score
I do believe they must have been added by the "Neutral Building - Add unit type from market place" in order for this function to work. So best to just completely add the sold units to the shop via triggers.

thats what i did.
thansk guys :)

also, one more question (and i highly doubt that this is possible)
when adding units and removing units from a shop, is it possible to keep that empty space where a unit *was*?
so if its layed out like this: Unit1 - Unit2 - Unit3
then i remove lets say unit 1
then it would look like this: BLANK - Unit2 - Unit3

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well set the button positions for the units properly and have a look yourself, i cannot remember whether units added to the list via triggers keep the position set in the editor.

but instead of removing them you might want to just set the stock amount to 0? thus the icon will stay but they will not be able to be bought.

Red_drake

Reaction score
adding units then taking some out doesnt keep the other unit's icon posisions.

but i did set the stock current to 0, and gave them a max refresh time and it works for me.

thanks guys!
all my questions have been answerd, this can be closed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.