ertaboy356b - A Magical History

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Once upon a time I was in high school. Me and my friends were playing several LAN games back then. Games like Battle Realms, Warcraft III, and Starcraft Broodwar were our favorite past time. Then came Dota. I was in college when I first played it. It was fun. Playing with 9 other people at the same time was an experience. Since having played Warcraft III, I figured out that the spells in DOTA weren't natural Warcraft III spells. So I searched the internet for clues on how to build them and there when I found TheHelper.net.

2007, the World Editor Forums is active. There's a lot going on, a lot of members posting, and a lot of maps were into development. I met some cool Filipino friends back then. Waaaks!, 13lade619, FhelZone, RockmanderZ. Me and FhelZone went into developing some maps that we played together but never released publicly.

Back then, I was excited with map-making that I made a small GUI spell. I was actually pleased when I made this spell. The spell is called Universal Stop. It's nothing fancy and it was poorly made I think.

I remembered the time I learned JASS. During those times, IKilledKenny was recruiting for a JASS Tutorial Class. Fortunately, I signed up for it and learned JASS from him. It was great. This was the first language I learned. I give my thanks to IKilledKenny.

Later, I studied javascript and it became my 2nd language. Then I studied PHP and went on with MySQL. For starter, I wrote an anime site and put content on it (back then, I didn't know about Wordpress). Unfortunately, the free web hosting I got closed it down after a few months.

A few years back, me and Fhelzone made a collaborate project. He was studying Information Technology back then. We made a web based app written in HTML and CSS + PHP. I did most of the coding and he did most of the design. The project was SyncMusic though we abandoned it 2 years ago.

Back when RockmanderZ was still studying, I taught him some javascript and PHP. RockmanderZ was a kid back then. I helped him wrote some code for his map. Now, he graduated in college and is looking for some programming job here in the Philippines.

Right now, I'm a programmer on a certain company here in the Philippines. I mostly do C# and WPF but I can do other things as well such as Ruby. Oh and before I forgot, I studied Business Administration when I was in college but fortunately, I became a programmer ^_^. I spend my time playing LoL now. I might do something magical in the near future.

I wish I could write more but my recall is limited for now. I'm your happy neighborhood lurker. Peace :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.