Minigame Escape

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
1.4c random teleport not working, nothing happens when I use it (summer). Also, the healing runes are a bit skewed, lots in the top right part of the map, then hardly any anywhere else (summer). Other than that looks good :)

EDIT: Barriers I create also stay in place for around 30 seconds, although they can be walked through after 4 (winter). Don't know what that's about. Also an issue with newly introduced creep just standing in place, not coming after me once they've been created (winter)

Thanks for the feedback. [del]I will check what's wrong with random teleport in a moment.[/del]
edit: Nothing could be found wrong with the Random Teleport in version 1.5 on Summer Arena. Perhaps a slight inital lag? Only problem I could think of, is using it and dying whilest on Cast Time. Perhaps you did not read that it requires approximately 3 seconds to cast. (The reason for this is that an instant, across the map get away requires some sort of dissadvantage. This being the 40s cd and 3s cast time.)

I tried to put the healing runes in almost corners and places which are out of the way. Be glad to know that the Winter Arena, due to having less healing Runes, will have them constantly respawning; but on the spawn points (making it difficult to reach).
edit: I have added a more evenly placed amount of Runes on the Summer Arena.
Also looking into putting a type of damage Rune.

[del]Those ice Barriers have a model problem, due to me using a Doodad model without a Death Animation. It's just fading after about 30 seconds, I am aware of this and am looking for solutions.[/del]
edit: fixed. Ice Barricades now removed correctly.

About the unmoving AI, will look into that aswel.

You might be happy to know that I have re-created the Triple Blink and it now is much smoother.

New version contains new features, such as Dodge and Block.
Possibly more game modes or more dynamic gameplay.

Smitty

Reaction score
Using random teleport didn't even trigger the cooldown, my unit didn't channel (I did notice :p) and mother happened. I had evasion, entangle, construct barrier and random teleport.

The unmoving creep were the 'big' swordsmen.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Using random teleport didn't even trigger the cooldown, my unit didn't channel (I did notice :p) and mother happened. I had evasion, entangle, construct barrier and random teleport.

The unmoving creep were the 'big' swordsmen.
Random Teleport
I don't know why that happened, it worked when I tested it. Will try again. Perhaps test it yourself in version 1.5, when that is complete.

Brutal Swordsman
[del]I am aware of this bug, it happened to me aswel. Am going to configure this AI system.[/del]
Problem found, and solved.

Smitty

Reaction score
I'll probably have more, that was only off the back of 2 games, but I love this, keep it going :D

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I'll probably have more, that was only off the back of 2 games, but I love this, keep it going :D

i definately will :)
Thank you for all the positive feedback. If you have any more comments, suggestions or idea's don't hesitate to let me know.

--

I also remade your ability so that it is suited to the game.

Defaultly it heals all allies by 1% per second, but this amount increases by 0.5% every 3 levels. Therefore level 6, it heals 2% per second. Which is effective against harder hitting enemies but not overpowered against those underpowered enemies on the first few levels.

Love the idea, please suggest more as you get them. Credit shall be given.

--

Ability Idea Template:

Ability Name:
Type: Q/W/E/R
Effect/Ability Info:
Duration:
Cooldown/Passive:
Idea behind ability:

Merely fill that out if anybody has any idea. Copy Paste that, or use the Quote Function to get the Color's etc.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Where are you smitty?
Haha, new version released.
Alot of bugs fixed.
New colored tooltips on abilities.

Tell me what you think, please give more ability suggestions. :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Will do, just been trying to fix this bloody spell I'm stuck with atm. Watch this space, will check out the new version when I get home from work.

EDIT:

Ability Name: Bring the Thunder!
Type: E
Effect/Ability Info: Basically chain lightning to hit every creep on the map, starts dealing 1 damage, adds 1 each hit.
Duration: N/A
Cooldown/Passive: Cooldown (med/long)
Idea behind ability: Strategic global damage, can kill 2 or 3 creep if planned well with a team.

Ability Name: Terror
Type: R (?)
Effect/Ability Info: Causes enemy units to become terrified, and run away from as opposed to towards the hero.
Duration: 5
Cooldown/Passive: Cooldown (Medium)
Idea behind ability: A different escape mechanism, can also be used to protect team members.

Ability Name: Bluff
Type: R
Effect/Ability Info: Gives a 50% chance to either take double damage or heal for the damage otherwise given.
Cooldown/Passive: Passive. Could also be used as an active if it had a long duration (maybe 10s or so)
Idea behind ability: Because it's sexy. One of the spells from my new map, but I thought you might find it quite useful here ^^

Smitty

Reaction score
Also, thought about implementing some reward system for killing creep yet? :p Just because killing them currently just means you are a tiny, tiny bit better off until the next round starts. Which is always just after I finally kill one :(

EDIT: A few very quick issues after starting a game of v1.5

I had evasion, nightmare, shield of the ancients, invisibility (these last 2 kept swapping about, not sure why) and roar. I literally stood still as soon as the game started, for one creep didn't come to me. Once I moved to them they started following me. Then I just stood still and did nothing. Wave cleared after the usual time, I'd not cast more than 2 spells, been tanking hits the whole time, and nothing happened to me. I just lived with about 80hp.

Take from it what you will, but that kind of thing needs to change, I suggest redressing the balance with evasion, 70% is too much. 50% might be better. Also, the divine shield (was that it? I still can't remember. Made all attacks heal instead of damage for 4s) and invisibility, which seemed to be counting themselves as one spell, were just an OP combo. Invis autocasts, I didn't even have to do anything, and then when you're visible, use shield and you just get free heals.

That's 3 minutes of a game, I'll see what happens tomorrow when I play more :p

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Many Thanks for the feedback.

This map fun. I like it and play it every day. Thanks.
Most welcome, love positive feedback.
Check back here occasionally for new versions, let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas or suggestions.

Also, thought about implementing some reward system for killing creep yet? :p Just because killing them currently just means you are a tiny, tiny bit better off until the next round starts. Which is always just after I finally kill one :(

Okay, I thought about this. But in minor cases. What do you think is better, heal 20% of missing hp or increase maximum hit points by like 2 or 3 on each kill?
Currently it displays kills as lumber, and 1000 gold for transmute kills. This was only temporary until I can think of a balenced way to award these. The objective is to survive and not kill the enemies, so there are very limited damage abilities. These arent as effective as the supportive defensive abilities, and there should be some sort of reward for killing an enemy. Problem is that balencing needs to be taken into consideration without buffing the players too much.
Also thought a bigger bonus for killing boss units, which are often impossible to kill. I think I have only seen about 2 bosses killed in like 50 games, which was like teams of 8-10 lol. (due to them having 500-1000 hp)

EDIT: A few very quick issues after starting a game of v1.5

I had evasion, nightmare, shield of the ancients, invisibility (these last 2 kept swapping about, not sure why) and roar.
Thank you for noticing it. I was aware of the bug in the very first time I played the version online in the evening, but was only able to update the version this morning due to the map being on my work laptop.
The bug was that I was testing the new Invisibility (on autoattack) ability, and forgot to remove it. That way every player was getting 4 abilities + Invisibility.
The reason it was swapping, is because they both wanted the W slot. Shield of the Ancients is a Suvival/Escape ability, and as Invisibility is triggered, the ability is removed and the Shield of the Ancients kinda jumped into its place lol.
That wont occur in a proper version, dont worry.
But thanks for noticing.

I literally stood still as soon as the game started, for one creep didn't come to me. Once I moved to them they started following me. Then I just stood still and did nothing. Wave cleared after the usual time, I'd not cast more than 2 spells, been tanking hits the whole time, and nothing happened to me. I just lived with about 80hp.
Probably due to the Invisibility, without it you will be less powered. Having Shield of the Ancients and Invisibility is a really powerful combo that cant be gained in a normal game.
Also note that in Multiplayer, if there is more than one person. If you are invisible the enemies will run for the other players. When they can't target you in single player, they kinda stop pointlessly lol. Sometimes run to your position.
Also note you played the first 3 levels, which are the Ghouls aimed at newer players and not many are spawned. I tried to give them a less intelegent AI as sometimes they just run to random spots, whilest higher levels, EG Blademasters always run to player positions.
You may notice there are other arena's, a huge one at the top.
As you reach level 14, Bladmasters spawn and a portal becomes available in the centre, that teleporter leads you to the other arena. A maze to escape and potentially 'win the game'.
But by the time you get there, you must be fairly good. So the enemies are very difficult to pass.

Take from it what you will, but that kind of thing needs to change, I suggest redressing the balance with evasion, 70% is too much. 50% might be better.
I was considering reducing it, but then thought "it's a non-castable Ultimate, it should be imba" - but yeah 70% is alot, I'm thinkinh of reducing it to like 60% or maybe 50% with a small additional effect.

Also, the divine shield (was that it? I still can't remember. Made all attacks heal instead of damage for 4s) and invisibility, which seemed to be counting themselves as one spell, were just an OP combo. Invis autocasts, I didn't even have to do anything, and then when you're visible, use shield and you just get free heals.
Yeah, some combo's are way better than others. I am working on balancing things further, expect to see changes in version 1.6 (starting with evasion lol)

That's 3 minutes of a game, I'll see what happens tomorrow when I play more :p
Well atleast your playing, and I'm glad for that. If you get a chance, maybe play it online or ask somebody to host for you if you are not able to.
Much more fun with lots of players.
Glad to see positive feedback, gl enjoy and try escape :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Ability Name: Bring the Thunder!
Type: E
Effect/Ability Info: Basically chain lightning to hit every creep on the map, starts dealing 1 damage, adds 1 each hit.
Cooldown/Passive: Cooldown (med/long)
Idea behind ability: Strategic global damage, can kill 2 or 3 creep if planned well with a team.
I like it, look out for it in version 1.6

Ability Name: Terror
Type: R (?)
Effect/Ability Info: Causes enemy units to become terrified, and run away from as opposed to towards the hero.
Duration: 5
Cooldown/Passive: Cooldown (Medium)
Idea behind ability: A different escape mechanism, can also be used to protect team members.
Thinking about it, need to find a way to balence it. Do they just randomly run around, away from the caster, or run to other players?

Ability Name: Bluff
Type: R
Effect/Ability Info: Gives a 50% chance to either take double damage or heal for the damage otherwise given.
Cooldown/Passive: Passive. Could also be used as an active if it had a long duration (maybe 10s or so)
Idea behind ability: Because it's sexy. One of the spells from my new map, but I thought you might find it quite useful here ^^
I don't quote understand the point of this. Isnt that like 50% of the time it hits double, 50% it misses?
Where is the effectiveness of that?
I could make it 25% chance to deal double and 75% to miss.
or 35% to double, 65% to heal.
But this is very similar to Evasion or Block.

Need something to make it fairly interesting.

But thanks for the idea's, most appreciated. Credit will be given, please keep more coming as you think of them.

Smitty

Reaction score
Nono, 50% to deal double damage
50% to heal 1x damage. So the overall outcome over time is 50% damage taken.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Nono, 50% to deal double damage
50% to heal 1x damage. So the overall outcome over time is 50% damage taken.

Why would I want them to deal double damage? I don't understand lol.

wait, do you want them to stack. not just one of the other, and you mean instead of dealing the double damage, it heals the double? lolz i think i get it.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
eh, not so sure on the crit/heal thingy.
But the Thunder Global I have used.
The fear I am still working on.

Need more idea's. From anybody. Credit shall be given.
(i owe Smitty quite abit I believe lol)

Smitty

Reaction score
To explain a little further, the crit/heal spell (as you call it :p) means that on average you take 1/2 of the damage you would otherwise take over that period. Let us assume that each creep deals 1 damage, and that we have a statistically perfect 50/50 chance, alternating between each option. So, if we were to take 10 hits, 5 would heal and 5 would deal double damage. Total damage taken would be (5x2)+(5x(-1))=5(2-1)=5, as opposed to the 10x1=10 damage we would otherwise take.

The idea is however that the chance of either outcome is a random throw of a 2 sided dice (humour me here) so there is an element of chance in there, but the overall effect is 50% damage reduction, in a slightly more fun way :p just explaining :)

Another spell (sorry not to format)

Vortex; sucks all enemy units within x range to a target point. This could either be global, or simply have an area. If it were global (as in, X covered the whole map) then I'd suggest a lower cast range, so you can't just pull every creep on the map to the other side. However, if X were small (250-350 or so) then a larger cast range would mean more strategic potential, especially in team games.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
The problem with your first suggestion, is that it is too luck related and less skill related.
Players will feel either overpowered or heavily underpowered as they get killed twice as fast.
Not entirely good as an ultimate.
Don't want people to be like: "oh dammit I got this ability again" if you follow what I mean. Want it to be interesting, exciting.

Vortex, I can do. But I will probably take that global range with a small area. Also note that pulling through walls is going to be alil odd lol.

Thanks for the ideas, regardlessly.

Smitty

Reaction score
Well, it's the same as having a 50% evasion in the end, I just suggested it because it seemed like a bit more fun as a way of doing things ^^ and you'd be incredibly unlucky to take more damage than you would otherwise, like... wow, that's unlucky XD but w/e, was just a thought :)

You could make vortex instant if you were worried about dragging units through walls ^^

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Hmmm, I will look into it. Wont promise it will be in version 1.6 though.
But atleast your lightning idea will be.

Smitty

Reaction score
Haha, I don't expect anything, I'm just throwing out all the ideas I get so you can use them if you want to, plus this is a really great minigame, so I have a vested interest in its development :) Keep running!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.