Report Euro project to arrest us for what they think we will do

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Radical Think Tank Open Europe has this week exposed a study by the EU that could lead to the creation of a massive cross-Europe database, amassing vast amounts of personal data on every single citizen in the EU.

The scope of this project also reveals a growing governmental preference for systems capable of locking people up not for what they have done, but for what they might do.

Open Europe (OE) researcher, Stephen Booth, has been reviewing projects currently in receipt of EU funding. Last week he identified one of these - Project INDECT - as having potentially far-reaching effects for anyone living or working in Europe.

Full Article
---------------
There we have it folks. Minority Report not quite so much science fiction anymore, eh?
I could seriously go off on a rant here but I will leave that for later.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>growing governmental preference for systems capable of locking people up not for what they have done, but for what they might do.

Am I the only one who thinks that this project might be finished in 2012 ?
How melodramatic, if this is true it would appear that the so called "end of the world" (tm) once again, will be made by mortals..... pardon, I guess that ironic passes a bit more, but w/e

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that this project might be finished in 2012 ?

Jesus tapdancing christ, just cut it with the 2012 hysteria! The goddamn calendar doesn't even end, it starts over again! The Bible never said anything about the end of the world, but the end of the age! Don't you people have anything better to do than reference this spewed-up pile-of-bile scenario created by Hollywood?!

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
UK going to shit.
Not just the UK anymore (though it all really started here and we get the worst of it) but this will affect the whole of Europe.
If Ireland says Yes to the Lisbon Treaty on October 2nd, then it will be ratified and every country in the EU will throw away huge amounts of power to the unelected beaurocratic bastards in Brussels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.