The basic gist is:

Code:
Add Ability Via Buff
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Evasion Aura) Equal to True) and ((Level of Spell Book  for (Matching unit)) Equal to 0))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add Spell Book  to (Picked unit)
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Evasion Aura) Equal to False) and ((Level of Spell Book  for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Remove Spell Book  from (Picked unit)

I

IKilledKEnny

> ertaboy356b

Yeah but ther I found few holes in it (if I recall correctly what I thought :p )

> Kershbob

With major twiching your trigger could work, but mine works and it does what needs to be done with no leaks and no known issues.

Kershbob

Reaction score
With major twiching your trigger could work, but mine works and it does what needs to be done with no leaks and no known issues.

It does work and I've used the same base for dozens of triggers in my map; they don't leak and work very efficiently.

By the way add a buff to your aura.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Anyway, could you tell me where the Hole is??? I'm planning to use the buff for my future projects...

master maste

Reaction score
Is this a joke? there is already an evasion aura so change the name to avoid confusion lol.

my bad didnt read the whole thread and just realised it was evasion (passive) :p that I was thinking about. Still very similar name would be better to change it IMO.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
>**well I guess it works, I am not great with GUI anymore, so I'm not real sure if this is as good as it could be, could anyone else give a second opinion?

It's as good as a GUI spell gets, it isn't MUI but it's leakfree. The only changes I would suggest, is to check if the picked unit has the evasion holder but not the buff when you remove the evasion holder from the unit. This will ofcourse also force you to check if the unit has the evasion holder when you add it to a unit, to avoid giving a unit the ability twice (Not that it matters much). You could also limit the use of groups to two, by clearing (Not removing) group[1] after use, and then use it as group[2] or group[3].

Keep it up.

I

IKilledKEnny

> it isn't MUI

Actually I believe it is, I refer only to unit groups which are of course MUI variables.

> What if the aura is leveled up?

The aura has multiple levels, no problem there.

> What about two heroes with different levels of the aura

Effects won't stack.

I'm working on new version that will stop giving the spell again and again when not needed.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
actually no global variables are "MUI" variables, however there are no waits so it should be

I

IKilledKEnny

> actually no global variables are "MUI" variables, however there are no waits so it should be

SFilip told me (and the logic agrees with him) that triggers are not MUI only when using wait and somtimes timers (and that is of course assuming you are not using locals).

What needs to be done so it would be approved?

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Regardless of that globals will never be MUI, but as emilj3r said, it's close enough. I might have chosen a bad way to express myself in this case. I've made a tutorial about the subject, it's pretty straight forwarded, and I'm sure you allready understand the idea, however if you have any doubts I'm sure you'll be able to find the answer in it.

>What needs to be done so it would be approved?
It does pass for approval in my opinion, but wheter or not it's approved is being decided by a admin. Just follow/correct their comments, and I'm sure it'll be approved eventually (There's 6 spells awaiting approval at the moment, including yours).

I

IKilledKEnny

> globals will never be MUI

Yeah didn't use words properly.

> it's close enough

That was the result from my tests, yes.

> I've made a tutorial about the subject

Yeah I read it, it was great.

> I'm sure you allready understand the idea

I believe I do.

> It does pass for approval in my opinion

Thanks. :)

> There's 6 spells awaiting approval at the moment, including yours

I know, that's why I'm wondering what should I make it to be approved indeed.

Kershbob

Reaction score
Have you got rid of the bug where it reselects your hero every time the trigger fires?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.