Every-Model Pack

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
vestras! i was also awaiting that pack! didnt u see my posts? didnt notice it was you who requested >.>
i think you should give props to jaz for putting the pack together tho in your post

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It's illegal to TAKE CREDIT FOR and DISTRIBUTE WoW models. But I'm sure blizzard won't care if you use models from one of their games in another one of their games.

That is extremely rude not to do so. I realize you didn't put it together, but still. Most people (I don't) enjoy having their name associated and known for the models they make.

I think the reason for that was because they were all from wc3sear.ch, which is dead, and most of the people who made those models have quit WC3 or are just unreachable. I'm sure the compiler would credit them if they could.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's illegal to TAKE CREDIT FOR and DISTRIBUTE WoW models. But I'm sure blizzard won't care if you use models from one of their games in another one of their games.

If you're just ripping it from WoW it is.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
If you're just ripping it from WoW it is.

so.. correct me if im wrong then, but arent most models ripped from wc3, edited, and inserted back into wc3? isnt that the same thing? i think blizzard cares just as much.. it's not like they are losing money or anything due to it...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I don't think Blizzard would care one bit if you used their models in wc3 since the games is from the same series and created by Blizzard themselves. However there seems to be a lot of people on thehelper that does not support wow models in wc3.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
so.. correct me if im wrong then, but arent most models ripped from wc3, edited, and inserted back into wc3? isnt that the same thing? i think blizzard cares just as much.. it's not like they are losing money or anything due to it...

I don't know. Probably. I don't think Blizzard cares about that either, but when you take models from one game and port them to another then that's against copyright laws. You can port an extracted and edited model back into the game that it came from, though, because you're not stealing it for something else. The laws are confusing and make no sense.
And it's not really about losing money, it's about whether or not it's legal and if they can sue you and make a bunch of money.
Not that many people would ever probably sue or try and press criminal charges against you you stealing models or textures or anything. Someone might figure it out and say you're a liar though.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Guys, this is going too far. If you really want to use these WoW models, you'll have to send an email to Blizzard support center, and ask if it's okay. I can't just give you permission to do something illegal.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
I can't get the skin or textures right on "Slithid worker" on the insects bundle...sigh...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.