Health Evidence shows that anti-depressants likely do more harm than good, researchers find

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I support anti-depressants just because of the fact they worked for me. I had fairly severe depression with no apparent cause (most things in my life were fine) and in the end the doctors just diagnosed me with a chemical imbalance that was causing the depression, so they put me on Fluoxetine. After about three weeks I almost completely stopped having depressive thoughts (nothing else in my life had changed) and they worked well enough to level out my chemical imbalances and give me a bit of stability with my emotions to the point where I had control again.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Is that sarcasm or do you really try to be annoying here? I cant tell apart when you are posting.

I think Firecat is anything you want him to be. You can read his posts 8 different ways usually, simply based on the fact that he doesn't even try to write in complete sentences. If there was a "hide Firecat Posts" option in the control panel I might click it... just sayin'.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Heroin is subscribed regularly as pain medication.

Opium is pretty much a high-grade heroin, and opium meds such as Vicodin, Dilaudid, and Percocets are prescribed on a daily basis. I have prescriptions to a few myself, but I don't like to take them unless I'm about to die, for I have brutal addictions to opium and it makes me angry and rage uncontrollably. And it's prescribed all the time by doctors...

Nah, I don't think they are "so crazy" to give out such thing

I really hope you are joking. You might want to do even just a small amount of research into medications that are prescribed by doctors on the normal, and even a lot of over the counter stuff. A lot of prescribed meds are opium based, and opium has worse side effects and addictions than high-grade heroin. And if it's not opium, it's a synthetic-methamphetamine. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. The active ingredient in Robitussin, which is an over the counter cough medicine, is Dextromethorphan (DXM). If you buy the Robitussin that only contains the DXM and no other actives and drink the whole bottle, it is almost the exact same effects as PCP. I don't recommend doing this however, it is not enjoyable most times and is very dangerous. But the point is, the government wants people to think that if the drug is legal, that it's okay, and that only drugs that are illegal are the dangerous ones. The truth? Most illicit drugs thare are Schedule 1 narcotics here in the US, such as LSD, MDMA, and Psilocybin, when used correctly at the correct dosage and isn't cut with dangerous stuff, are no more harmful, if not less harmful, than drinking and many other currently legal drugs. They're illegal for other reasons or someone screwed it up for everyone else.

I've done my researched on nearly every popular drug in the drug scene right now. If you step back and look into them with an open mind, you will find that you're not really being told the truth about the science behind the drugs. I have also smoked, ate, or snorted nearly every illegal drug known to mankind right now, and I didn't have a single problem with addictions with any. Then I ended up in the hospital on an IV with the highest dosage of dilaudid you can get after I had a stomach attack, and guess what? I have a brutal opium addiction now, that makes many aspects of life uncomfortable. And that medicine is legal and was given and prescribed to me. So you might want to rethink that, all drugs are bad.

It's a narcotic painkiller with some nasty side effects.
That nasty side effect being that it's heroin.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's perfectly fine for them to give you drugs that will make you so physically addicted that the withdrawal can be fatal, but they can't give you weed.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I have also smoked, ate, or snorted nearly every illegal drug known to mankind right now, and I didn't have a single problem with addictions with any.
Hmm, doesn't it depends on how long you have been/tried on each drug? Well, addiction is when you take the drug to get high. Right?

to rethink that, all drugs are bad.
Well, I can't say they are harmful

Varine

Reaction score
Have fun with the withdrawals. This is how the worst of drug addicts are made.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Have fun with the withdrawals. This is how the worst of drug addicts are made.

Theres nothing like vomiting and felling like you're going to die for 24+hours straight. One of my favorite parts of life

FireCat

Reaction score
Addiction: Well, you focus very much on the drug. In fact, your whole life becomes the drug.

Btw: There is painkillers without any codeine or morphine etc.. so these drugs are not addictive.
they're pretty effective actually.

Varine

Reaction score
Oh, they aren't addictive? At all? Are you a biochemist that is capable of telling me that? No, you're not. All drugs are addictive; if you don't want to believe me go get hopped up on Xanax.

My favorite part is the fourth or fifth day sober when you forget about the first few days and are like "I'm not addicted."

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you become addicted to aspirin? I never heard of any case, and that is a pain killer.

Varine

Reaction score
Maybe they are lol. But I never heard of anyone being addicted to such drugs and why would you take more if you don't have any pain.
tell me that?

Because you get high idiot.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Maybe they are lol. But I never heard of anyone being addicted to such drugs and why would you take more if you don't have any pain.
tell me that?

Let me point out the sole point of stupidity from you here... "But I never heard". YOU never heard. How many drug users do you talk to FireCat? I doubt very many, so your scope of people you talk to with addictions to things is going to be very small.
Why would you take more if you don't have any pain? Because you get high as shit. And if your actual life isn't going to well, or you're not happy with where you are, that painless euphoria is a lot better than your painful reality. And it's the lack of understanding from ignorant people like you that make it hard for people with addictions to get help, because most people can't understand where someone else is if they aren't there themselves.

Can you become addicted to aspirin? I never heard of any case, and that is a pain killer.
You can get addicted to -any- drug, but it's very rare to see aspirin addictions. But then again, aspirin is a shit pain killer. It's used to treat headaches, not broken bones and internal pain like heroi...I mean opium and various other amphetamines, are used for. The effects it has on the body aren't very effective in terms of reliving pain.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually what i have been told by various chemists is that aspirin has in fact the very same active ingredients that other pain killers have. The only difference is said to be the dosis.
I dont know if you can get addicted by that stuff, i am not going to test either, but it is a real pain killer like anything else, at least i was told that it is.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Actually what i have been told by various chemists is that aspirin has in fact the very same active ingredients that other pain killers have. The only difference is said to be the dosis.
I dont know if you can get addicted by that stuff, i am not going to test either, but it is a real pain killer like anything else, at least i was told that it is.

The active ingredient in Asprin is acetylsalicylic acid, an over the counter medication. Percocets, Oxycontin, Dilaudid, Demerol, Vicodin, and drugs like that are all opiates. Their active ingredient is opium, a schedule II controlled substance here in the US, the same as cocaine and PCP, and are prescription only. I have a prescription to Dilaudid myself, and if I give a pill to anyone and they're caught with it on them, they can get a felony possession charge. So I don't know who told you that, but it's not even remotely true. Real pain killers and Asprin are nothing alike, structure and ingredient wise as well as effect on the body.

FireCat

Reaction score
How many drug users do you talk
I have a friend who does take heavy pain killers . And I know my friend is addicted to it I see that, even personality change, sometimes.
All that Just because of freaking stupid drug. Well, I'm not against painkiller use, when you have pain but there is more harmless painkiller to take !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.