Evil tricks to put in a map

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm....

Random bits of William Shatner....
Players are fined when they cut down trees.
Evil Santa from Futurama....
Whenever players click on their Town Hall, they hear, "You've got mail."

There you go. A few off the top of my head. :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Players are fined when they cut down trees.
Whenever players click on their Town Hall, they hear, "You've got mail."

Ha! :D I seriously laughed out loud when I read this! :D

You could also make it so in your map (Lets say it's an RPG), you need to go to a big city. When you get there it has an epic Cut Scene of a large city overflowing with bustling people and beautiful scenery, then it comes back to the game and you're standing beside an Over sized Castle unit.

Perhaps make a cave you enter, but you can't exit.

Or, a cave or buildings you enter, and some random thing like an earthquake happens and you forever stuck in there.

If you have Voice Acting, mess up the order in which they come. :p

Like Ghan's idea, when you cut down a tree you get into this cinematic that is VERY long telling you why trees are important to the environment. Don't kick mother nature in the teeth. :p

Make a TD with various towers and tower types, spawns, and such. All have unique abilities, attacks and such. Except they all have the same name when clicked, and the same model.

Maybe at the end of some epic mystery, a voice clip from the movie "A few good men" says:

"You want to know the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

And then the game is over.

I know these aren't evil... Just annoying. :(

Have a good one.

Edit: A -save code that is a Pizza-Pizza number. :p

Or possibly the Alarm Force number. :p

(Damn, I last saw that commercial years ago.. Still is stuck in my head. "1-800-267-2001 , Alaaaaaaaaarm Force!"

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I seriously laughed out loud when I read this!

Does that mean "Encore"? :p

Turn the camera upside-down.
Stock Market periodically crashes, costing players X amount of money.
Terrorism.
When a player types -help, display a message saying, "For help, type '-help' ".
Peasants go on strike at random times.
Bureaucracy. (Do I need to say any more, people!?!)
The Town Hall has a button called, "Call Superman" that displays the Superman logo on the map but does nothing else.
Make a building called "Restroom" that can have units loaded into it. But it does nothing.
Random episodes of Darth Vader breathing noises.

A few more. I apologize if something like these has been posted before. I haven't read the whole thread.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
> I seriously laughed out loud when I read this!

Does that mean "Encore"? :p

Turn the camera upside-down.
Stock Market periodically crashes, costing players X amount of money.
Terrorism.
When a player types -help, display a message saying, "For help, type '-help' ".
Peasants go on strike at random times.
Bureaucracy. (Do I need to say any more, people!?!)
The Town Hall has a button called, "Call Superman" that displays the Superman logo on the map but does nothing else.
Make a building called "Restroom" that can have units loaded into it. But it does nothing.
Random episodes of Darth Vader breathing noises.

A few more. I apologize if something like these has been posted before. I haven't read the whole thread.

LOL. Some of those are best i've seen in a while(EDIT: Lol i just learned it was A while, not awile). You should make a map with those :D

Rad

Reaction score
Can you still display a blank dialog to a player which the player cant close, and it blocks input on the map and disables the menu? I remember doing that in one of my old maps lol. It was -blank [name]

You couldn't disconnect, AFAIK, you had to terminate the entire game!

They probrably patched it though, idk. Been a year since I played wc3

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a few more:

Town Hall has a button that says DO NOT PRESS. When clicked, it displays "BANG" to the player.
When units are ordered to build structures, have a random chance to say something along the lines of, "WTF?!?! DON'T BUILD THAT THERE, NOOB!"
Town Hall randomly blinks around the map.
Screen fades out black with the message, "Your playing time has expired. Please insert 2 more credits to continue. 30... 29... etc." When 0 is reached, game ends.
When ordering a mechanical unit to move, have a random chance to display this message: "That unit is out of batteries. Replace batteries to enable movement."
Random time of day bounces.
Chance that the player gets 'overthrown' and a computer takes over their units.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
For the sake of wasting 1's time,
Events
Time - Every 5 seconds.
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 9999 Footman at Center of Playable Map area

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
lol

Events A player enters area south of starting space
Actions
Player, subtract 9999999999 hp to that player

or this one
Events- A player enters (starting position)
Conditions
(make kill spell)
Actions- Cast Kill Spell on Last Enterd Unit

Denegoth

Reaction score
Copying Castlevania 2 simons quest. When it becomes 6pm, pause all units for 10 seconds and display "What a horrible night to have a curse"

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
~Chuck Norris wanders the map, roundhouse kicking units that get in his sights. Which is everywhere.

~Have Life Drain give your health to the enemy.

~Make Blink have a minimum and maximum range of 600 to ensure perfect Blinking.

~At nighttime, have units' sight ranges equal to 0.

~Position unreachable snipers atop posts and shoot anyone who passes by.

~Make a "Mcflurry" with the icon of Tornado, then when you consume it rapidly increase the Y angle of the caster so your unit becomes immensely fat and wide.

~You need to obtain the deeds to the property on which you want to build things.

~If a building fails to produce units for a certain amount of time, it is "foreclosed" and sent through an auction to other players.

~Make a unit named "Led Zeppelin" pick up units and fly around.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Cheddar said:
~Make a unit named "Led Zeppelin" pick up units and fly around.
Tides of Blood has already done so.
  1. If your map is circular in design, move all players' buildings around the map in a clockwise direction in a slow enough manner as to make it only noticeable if one's camera is centered on a building for a length of time.
  2. Periodically turn collision for player units/heroes off... and then randomly turn it back on again. Preferably when the units are in the middle of a forest of trees.
  3. Have upkeep work in reverse.
  4. Make units that, when selected, cause a black mask fade filter for the selecting player until the unit is deselected.
  5. Have units that, instead of revealing the map, re-apply the black "undiscovered" filter to the terrain around them as they move about.
  6. Order a priest to cast a heal on a player's hero which heals for -5 health.
  7. Occasionally set a player's control/hotkey groups to random groups of units.
  8. Have hotkeys that don't correspond to what the tooltip says they are.
  9. Write all numbers on the map in Binary of Hexadecimal. Or anything that's not base-ten, actually.
  10. If your map has a "help" quest, write the entire quest backwards: .siht ekiL
  11. Display important game messages in reverse like above.
  12. Randomly replace hero abilities with radically different abilities that have similar tooltips, identical icons, and identical hotkeys using Engineering Upgrade.
  13. Make important spells (say a spell that attacks nearby units) have no hotkeys.
  14. Switch the letters in the middle of words: Tihs is an emplaxe of dniog scuh a sitwch.
  15. Remove the game interface/UI.
  16. Give ranged units no projectile model and detect when they initiate an attack; 15% of the time or so when an attack is detected, order the unit to stop and then play its attack animation.
  17. Attach random Special Effects to units using modified versions of the "Life Regeneration Aura" ability.
  18. Write numbers without decimal points, or use "," instead to confuse the crap out of people whether they are European or American.
  19. In tooltips, write measurements for spell effects such as AoE in "Meters" or "Feet" instead of "Warcraft units".
  20. Give your map an excruciatingly long name and reference its name many times throughout the map... but never use an acronym.
  21. When you release versions of your map, change the version number arbitrarily.
  22. Link to the Myspace/Facebook profiles of people you hate randomly throughout the map.
  23. Switch the names of players throughout the map at random intervals. For instance, at map init: Player 1's name is "NoobKiller", Player 2's name is "oMgH4x", and Player 3's name is "Stuffed Pizza"; after 1 minute of game-time, Player 1's name might be "oMgH4x", whilst Player 2's name is now "NoobKiller", and Player 3's name is unchanged.
  24. Periodically average all player's gold/lumber amounts. Even if all players aren't allied.
  25. If your map has element-based gameplay, make each element do what its opposing element would do.
  26. Have a hero selection system that always gives you a random hero.
  27. Have a "Select random hero" unit that if you click does nothing instead of giving you a random hero as many maps might.
  28. Have no way to pick a random hero in the map.
  29. Make a player's starting resources = (Number of letters in his name)+10*15 or something.
  30. At map init, give 2 players the same identical, random name.
  31. If you have your own chat system, send random messages from other players.
  32. If you have your own chat system, when someone types a message, remove all capital letters and punctuation from the message and then display it.
  33. Write every number in the map as a math problem or a fraction.
  34. Whenever a player's hero is near a shop, set his gold and lumber to 0. When he goes away from the shop, restore his gold/lumber.
  35. Spawn 3 identical-looking shops in a random order on map init. Have only 1 of these shops sell real items while the rest all sell bogus items though all shops appear to save the same items. Perhaps switch them periodically.
  36. Have a shop that sells apparently good items that you can never be close enough to to be able to buy anything.
  37. Give random error messages when a player orders a unit to cast a spell, then order the unit to stop.
  38. Make an AoS map in which the game starts normally. When players begin to reach levels in excess of 5, ally the computer-controlled spawners and un-ally the players with their respective computer players.
  39. Make a "Pause Time" spell that does nothing but pause the game like so: call PauseGame(true) and then un-pause it some seconds later.
  40. Have potions that heal over time, but say they heal instantly in the item tooltip.
Damn... that's 40 freakin' ideas.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
number 20 won~t work

the map won~t show if the game path + name has ( I don~t know how many ) letters (and more)

Another Idea:
1. when writing your tooltips, exchange american tastature with german tastature settings ( like I did : P, but O~m still trzing to write correctlz) while still tzping with zour old tastature settings

2. Let all zour game messages appear 40 seconds - the number of letters in the message, and let all zour important messages have 39+ letters

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
I didn't mean in the "Map Description" screen, I mean in-game in quests, game messages, and maybe unit/spell tooltips.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Lolz. Ok Ok.

Create an ultimate hero. They can only gain it by surviving an onslaught of zombies that grow in strength for 3 days (Real days). Any one that actually acquire the hero will find that it does massive damage but does -10000000% damage to enemies.

Create an mini-game that you have to find the end to get through. Make it loop infinitely Like this:

LoopingMaze.jpg

The path is an indent. The wall separating the beginning and end in the circle will be removed so it's a looping maze.

Create a quest that you have to save some damsel in distress from a burning building. When you get to her, she morphs into a vampire with the maximum hp regeneration rate with maximum damage and chaos damage.

Create a boss you must kill but it has reincarnation with 1 second cooldown.

Have a hero selection system in which you must select a hero by clicking it but give them locust.

Make harvesting gold/lumber give you +(-10) resources.

Create an almighty weapon that costs 1,000,001 gold and 1,000,001 wood.
(Maximum should be 1,000,000.)

Create a spell that raises your fallen allies. Make them turn into zombies for Neutral Hostile.

Make your buildings move in a direction by 1000 every 10 seconds.

Change the experience bar art to a transparent image. They won't be able to tell how far they are to next level.

Make a tome of Experience give -10,000 exp.

Make some Strength, Agility, and Intelligence tomes that give you -100,000 stats.

Make all heroes do 1 damage and enemies have 99% damage reduction.

Have random ubersplats come up with pictures of random stuff.

Create a shop with all the best items. Make them all cost 1 gold and 1 lumber. When you get to it the restock interval is the maximum so it never comes in stock. If it does though make an invisible unit (no model) buy it.

Make items that no heroes can use but computer's units/heroes can.

Make a hero that does 1000000000% damage..... to itself.

I got more. I just don't want to give it all away :p

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Create a multiboard that takes up the whole screen, destroy it .5 sec later, wait .5 sec, create another one, destroy it .5 sec later etc etc.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
I think that truly crosses the line from "evil" to "annoying", darkchaoself.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Evil connotes wit and intelligent tricks.
Annoying connotes blatant displays of idiocy and unintelligent pestering.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Make a required quest at the end of the map so that the person hits the lever, then unleash thousands of units at the hero. If he somehow survives, send thousands more until he dies ^^...

Or just say "The Map is Corrupted" and pause the game right before he wins. xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.