Evolution Discussion

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Yes, good job to all three of you :p :D

Btw, though, the universe is NOT forever - at least OUR universe, for whatever that is worth.

Galactic expansion is slowly, but steadily (like evolution :p) slowing down. Eventually, gravity, although it is the weakest force in the known universe, will completely stop galactic expansion, and then reverse it, so that the galaxies are mvoing TOWARDS each other. Finally, they will all be pulled together, along with the 'rest' of the universe, and collapse into an ultramassive black hole; Omega Point, the end of the universe. Then, there are sevral theories about what happens next ('universe' traveling through wormhole and creating new universe, big bang all over again, etc.).

I think it is fair to say that the Earth and any information on it will be lost forever. :p

It is also possible that the galaxies will ont slow down quick enough for this to happen, and will be too far apart to pull back together. In that case, everything will die out and the entire galaxy will reach a rather boring and cold thermal equilibrium.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Evidence shows that galaxies are pulling together. Though that theory may hold ground. Matter will pull together, creating an even greater gravitional pull, pulling in more and more matter.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Evidence shows that galaxies are pulling together. Though that theory may hold ground. Matter will pull together, creating an even greater gravitional pull, pulling in more and more matter.

I hope you're right. The infinite expansion theory is rather bleak.

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Rofl :p

If I ever become god, I will make the universe flat, parallel, and 2 dimensional.

So it's two-dimensional twice? Also, parallel to what?

:p

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Parallel to itself, and flat ONCE :p Lolol.

Why, for some reason, does this idea make me want to sing "Particle Man"?

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Assume that you believe in the existence of black holes. What do we know about them? Matter goes in, not much comes out. They are a source of immense gravitational force. Now...lets believe that no matter how vast, if matter is neither created nor destroyed, then there is a finite, if frigging huge, amount of matter. When black holes form, they start sucking up matter, and it will never be seen in this universe again. And thus begins the end of the universe. Black holes will begin to attact OTHER black holes... and you can predict the result. No matter how fast something is moving, it will eventually be drawn back, even if it takes quintillions of years. And thats a lot of years. It has been theorized that by then matter itself will decay into a soupy miasma. So much for finding a way to sit back and watch...

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
True, spaceship hull plating might be a bit rusty by that time ...

No oxygen in space. Thus, no rust!

R

R15I23D05D14

I think it is fair to say that the Earth and any information on it will be lost forever.
I don't beg, but I will differ. I am followig the idea that the universe will expand, slow, contract, and then reform the original primal soup {mmm, soup}. The universe will restart, but all the random numbers will be re-rolled. Thus it is not a case of "storing" information on the earth like it was a world-editor variable. It is just that eventually the universe will restart having rolled the lucky numbers for sentient/only half vegitable life.

The next few posts mention a vast cold mass.
It is also possible that the galaxies will ont slow down quick enough for this to happen, and will be too far apart to pull back together.
I cannot disprove this theory, in the same way we can't prove any of this didn't happen from God breathing. We just were not there. Suffice to say I don't think it will happen.

I like the black hole idea. Sounds very exciting and all that.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Perhaps the universe will be 'recycled'? If it keeps pulling into itself, it would eventually create another big bang, thus a new universe.

That would be cool.

Humans that are like, Human, like our alter-egos or something... o_O

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Rofl, thats what I meant when I said all information on Earth would be lost, much like a variable :p. For all we know, the universe is in one epic, infinite cycle of expansion and cotnraction ...

HEY, LET'S MAKE A ASTRONOMICAL/PHYICS DISCUSSION THREAD :D :D :D

Lol, I think that it is impossible for there NOT to be other life out there, and there is a very big chance that at least some of it is sentient, and more advanced than we are. Even though there is only a small portion of each galaxy that is suited for life (some, like quasars, emit such intense radiation and heat that it would be impossible for any life we know or dream of to exist), there are thousands of galaxies, with trillions of stars, with quintillions (real number :p) of planets (not even counting moons), so the chances are very high that there is SOMETHING out there, dwelling among the cosmos ...

Hmm, when will Rinpun post here, lol ? :p

Sargon

Reaction score
Any of you ever read The Universe in a Nutshell? It's quite edifying on this sort of topic. Read it.

If the physics and/or Stephen Hakwing scares you, don't worry, there's lots of pretty pictures too. :p

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Wow, from debating evolution to talking about physcics books (both in a nerdly fashion) ... :p :p :p

We should have an off-topic contest :D

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Well, what I had posted was merely what I thought would happen to the universe as we know it. Black holes would eventually consume all matter in the universe and merge to become Da Supa Black Hole. After that...it's time to play golf. Raise the club...swing...and HOLE IN ONE!!! We have a new big bang, people! I believe a quote from Douglas Adams is appropriate here,"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Well, what happens after the "Big Bang" (it isn't truly a bang...there's no sound, and it is more like an expansion of matter) is something like the universe's biggest game of dominos, only with countless pieces and weird rules. What results can not be predicted.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
-Winner of oftopic conquest-

Shadowy Fear said:
Rofl :p

If I ever become god, I will make the universe flat, parallel, and 2 dimensional.

There is a theori that solves many of the problems the more wellknown Big Bang univers has. And guess what that theori says? Univers is a 2d hologram!

Also with the big bang theori there is 3 possible endings:
Big chill: Univers do not stop expanding, the unkown "black matter" is stronger than the gravity. And when somting expands the temeperatur is going down.

Big Rip: Same as above, but the expanding is going on so long that univers colapas(?)

A new big bang.

XXconanXXX said:
Perhaps the universe will be 'recycled'? If it keeps pulling into itself, it would eventually create another big bang, thus a new universe.

This can happen in big bang ending number 3. BUT there is, ofcourse, a theori abaout that one to...
That teori explains the being of the black matter that Big bang theori havnt solved jet. Looks like this:
There is two univers. They are connected in a way that allow the gravity of the univers to jump over the gap between them but dont allow anything else to pass. In this case the black matter is simply the other universe. And those two universe attcaskyt each other becuse of that connection ( not the gravity) when the both univers reach each other there is a big bang and two new universe is born.

Note: There is NO fact about the univers ending, begining or life. Every thing is just therories. We (humans) have with the help of our sience traveled back in time (not fysicaly) and have seen the the first ms of the univers lifef 0 is the start the time we have seen starts 10^-99 ( or another realy small number) therefor we cant be sure that universe has a begining and no begining no end.

Note2: I am realy sorry that I am not good in english, have have a lot more to say but I cant sorry. Hope this is understandable.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lol, need to retake English, eh? :p

By talking about 'black matter', I hope you are NOT referring to 'dark matter', which is pretty much undectable, thus the name 'dark' matter, but is believed to have a lot of gravatational force; with all the matter in the universe, there is still only roughly 1-5% of the needed gravatational force to explain the universal deaccelerating expansion rates we have observed . . . dark matter, contrary to being 'stronger' than gravity, is actually one of gravity's greatest servants (excuse the metaphor/personification) ...

Lolol, a 2 - D hologram? :p :D

I have done some independat physics studying, just so you know I am not making this up :p (would a theory count as being 'made up' ???)

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Lol, need to retake English, eh? :p

By talking about 'black matter', I hope you are NOT referring to 'dark matter', which is pretty much undectable, thus the name 'dark' matter, but is believed to have a lot of gravatational force; with all the matter in the universe, there is still only roughly 1-5% of the needed gravatational force to explain the universal deaccelerating expansion rates we have observed . . . dark matter, contrary to being 'stronger' than gravity, is actually one of gravity's greatest servants (excuse the metaphor/personification) ...

Lolol, a 2 - D hologram? :p :D

I have done some independat physics studying, just so you know I am not making this up :p (would a theory count as being 'made up' ???)

I think that we'd actually be a 4D hologram. The event horizon of a black hole, however is a 2D hologram for the entire black hole.

The Universe in a Nutshell is quite a valuable resource, can you tell?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.