Evolution Type Game

Steve

Reaction score
Not sure how im going to work this one out but here is the idea. You have a chemist who needs to find nutrients and other materials to make an animal. Depending on what you give him, 6 items in total, you will end up with a pet, with varying damage, health, ect. To me it sounds like it will be to compicated but I would love to try it, help me round this out. Im open to any suggestions. Thanks!

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Um... it might help if you said what exactly it was you needed help with...

Steve

Reaction score
just in general how to go about making it, like what kind of triggers i might need for the random pet generation, and the stats. sorry about that.

N

Nomad 911

Well, another game similar to this one is Darwin's Island, in which you kill units and each other and you gain protein(gold) and fiber(wood), and depending on how much of each you have you evolve to a certain creature.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Is that what the gold and wood are in that? Anyways.
(yes I end my sentences with anyways)

This doesn't sound much of an "Evolution Type Game" just a build based off of items.
There are a few things you could do though, give certain items values and the higher total value of your items the better stats/unit w/e your pet is. OR, you could make it completely random.
Actually basing it off the items would require, erm, work... :p

Evoroth

Reaction score
Actually basing it off the items would require, erm, work... :p

Yes, if you wanted to give the players the freedom to choose between different items to get different bonuses to their pets, that would be pretty hard (I might think about it). But you should consider to use the Recipe System, and give the Players a list of what items can be combined into a successful pet (perhaps some secret combination that has to be discovered in another way), and manually, with the creation of the map, base all the pet's abilities of what items was used to make them, in one or another way.

Have you thought about the actual goal of the game? Kill the other players with your pet? Kill a boss? Get bored or lose connection? (no offense :))

G

Gravedigger

Just make variables for each stat about the pet, each item you give the chemist would add a certain value to each variable, when you give him six items, the values for these integer variables would determine what pet you then spawn for that player. These variables would be arrays so you can monitor stats for all players, then you just set up different characters that could be spawned and have a trigger to make their stats equal to the variables you defined.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.