Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Curses, you made me do tiny bits of googling.

>Read a biology text book.
And you take such books as absolute truth, but not the Bible?

>Rabbits don't chew cud..
http://www.grisda.org/origins/04102.htm

>The earth is on nothing and it does move.
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/437475

>revelations makes it clear that stars are tiny objects that will fall down
http://www.bibleandscience.com/bible/books/genesis/genesis1_fallingstars.htm

>Donkeys breed with horses to make mules..
Mules did exist naturally, which means horses must've naturally bred with donkeys. They must have the same origins, a mystical horse-like creature back from Genesis.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
>And you take such books as absolute truth, but not the Bible?

Yep. They are written by qualified scientists, who provide proof and experiments on every page. But you refuse to respond logically to previous posters who have much more knowledge than I do that can prove, point by point, why evolution is true. Why do you take the Bible as absolute truth? Because your parents told you to. Congratulations.

>tiny bits of googling

Come on, come up with your own arguments. Plus, those are ridiculous.

>Mules did exist naturally, which means horses must've naturally bred with donkeys. They must have the same origins, a mystical horse-like creature back from Genesis.

Yeah, that's a much better explanation than science. A ridiculous and superstitious hypothesis that you came up with in five seconds has more truth in your mind than years of biological consensus. Plus, define naturally. Fossil remains show the difference in DNA between ancient organisms and modern ones. That is a fact. I doubt you will respond to that, though. Because to do so would be to literally deny a truth.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You can breed two dogs, get a new dog breed. It's still a dog. I have yet to see a cat dog. Or a fish dog. Or a frog cat. Animals reproduce according to their own kind.

You can do wonders with genetic manipulation. It's just that it's not ethical and so, you don't see any centaurs around :p.

*Offtopic*
Something interesting about mutants through genetic manipulation. You can do a lot of weird stuff. Really weird stuff. Just by adding some gene expression here and there. Can't remember the actual theory though. It's been quite some time since I've studied those.

Seven legged lamb:
attachment.php

Chicken with extra limb:
attachment.php

So I'm not surprised if a cat-dog is possible

Also,
Someone said:
Do not always confuse evolution and how life was created. They are of different topic. This has been mentioned several times, I think.

Attachments

• Seven leg.jpg
    Seven leg.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Extra limb.jpg
    Extra limb.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 403

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What the hell is the first picture dude that fucking scared me.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> What the hell is the first picture

Human-induced 'evolution'. :p

Though it may look wrong, but it's probably the only way researchers are able to study how genes are correlated to body development. In this case, gene that controls the development of limbs.

Think about it, isn't cool to have more than 2 drumsticks on a chicken? No need to fight over it with your siblings :p.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
> What the hell is the first picture

Human-induced 'evolution'. :p

Though it may look wrong, but it's probably the only way researchers are able to study how genes are correlated to body development. In this case, gene that controls the development of limbs.

Think about it, isn't cool to have more than 2 drumsticks on a chicken? No need to fight over it with your siblings :p.

Thats not human-induced evolution. Thats just a mutation caused by humans.

Evolution does not occur unless a population of the species changes in a certain way. Therefore, if you get some kind of gene that is a widespread needed gene, then they can take that gene from you and help spread it, which will be evolution, otherwise, its just a mutation.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
This is what I believe in.
There is a god.
Evolution is real.
All god did was create everything and got it moving. And just sat back and watch of what will become of it.
If you think about it, there are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of stars in the galaxy and TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of galaxies. Most starts have at 1 planet.
Maybe our planet just had a lucky run. Think how many planets have tried but failed. I believe how everything we have now was just coincidence and luck really. Well I guess it doesn't matter i'm just glad it exists.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
This is what I believe in.
There is a god.
Evolution is real.
All god did was create everything and got it moving. And just sat back and watch of what will become of it.
If you think about it, there are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of stars in the galaxy and TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of galaxies. Most starts have at 1 planet.
Maybe our planet just had a lucky run. Think how many planets have tried but failed. I believe how everything we have now was just coincidence and luck really. Well I guess it doesn't matter i'm just glad it exists.

I'm not really gonna debate that there is no god, but I don't necessarily really believe in a god. I am what you call agnostic, it means that I don't believe in a god, but if I can see a god, then I am up to believing it, otherwise, I can't really say that there is a divine being who created everything, because that seems kind of unfair. Besides, haha. Would suck to be god :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Thats not human-induced evolution.

It was a joke... o_O

> XxShadyxX

You and I have the same idea, I guess. :)

> And this f*cking study on genes

Sigh... That's how it is in the scientific world. I hate it too, myself. No one (sane ones) will ever like it. They either 'hate' or 'appreciate', never 'like it'. But if you're going to talk about 'this study on genes', probably this thread is more suitable :).

Kershbob

Reaction score
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Good enough for me. Should I have to read further?

The Bible isn't evidence. If you read a piece of paper that says "God wrote this, kill yourself -love God" would you kill yourself? Because God wrote that piece of paper.

Also you missed this:

Please just name the stage at which you think there is a problem and explain why using evidence:

1) Organisms produce more offspring than can survive
2) Populations of organisms spread out over time creating fringe populations
3) The environment where these fringe poulations exist is can be different from the central location of the population.
4) Genetic frequency changes over time due to random mutation, crossing over, outside sources etc
5) New phenotypes can arise from new genotypes
6) New phenotypes can lead to a reproductive advantage
7) Traits which are beneficial to reproductive chances are passed on through generations at a higher rate than traits that aren't
8) This process would eventually cause speciation due to progressive fringe popultions being unable to mate with the original central population due to phenotype changes or physical distance/location issues

The Bible is both historically and medically accurate.

Yeah about that. No it's not. There is no evidence of a global flood, garden of eden in Iraq/Iran, the huge tower build by the majority of the population of the world (on the same note our genomic history, language history etc don't match). All things that leave evidence if the bible's dates are to be believed. Medically no, people don't live to 900 under any circumstances. Also the bible doesn't account for ancient wonders of the world or fossils and in general most of the old testament makes no sense by any sort of rational standpoint. That's why apologists exist and are rich.

You can breed two dogs, get a new dog breed. It's still a dog. I have yet to see a cat dog. Or a fish dog. Or a frog cat. Animals reproduce according to their own kinds.

It's like I walked into a 5 year old Hovind lecture that's been disproven point by point over and over again.
-Dog breeds are man made
-The process of evolution does not make true chimeras such as "cat dogs"

This statement shows you are uneducated. Please actually learn about what you're talking about instead of being some random Hovind clone. You use the word dog but clearly have no understanding of taxonomy or evolution, it's honestly painful.

Questions,
Is an okapi the same "kind" as a giraffe?
Why are some animals classed as the same kind (eg wolves/dingos/dogs etc) which are less related than man and chimpanzees?
Define kind using taxonomical terms~

Anyway since you fundamentally believe it's really, really easy to start shooting you down over problems caused by no evolution taking place ever but also the stories in the bible being true. The main problem arises with Noah's Ark. Now since you pretty much quoted Hovind I'm guessing you go with the idea of only taking 2 of each kind of animal onto the boat (using the none defined "kind" copout) but this leads to a major problem. Because if there were 2 dogs on the arc and that was only a few thousand years ago it would mean to diverge there would have to be speciation events roughly per 2 generations or (in some cases) 1 generation. This means a majority of all animals have been diverging at a rate which means it would be biologically impossible for organisms to breed with individuals in their grandparents/grandchildrens generation due to differences on a genetic level. This is generally referred to as the idea of super evolution, it's pretty much impossible. So is a species rekindling from 2 individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.