Excited about the DIII pvp system ?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Main article click

Important parts:
When you participate in ranked games (fights that pit two opposing teams of players against each other in 'best of' matches), you'll earn points for advancement based on kills, accomplished objectives, wins, and other factors. Points lead to multiplayer achievements, titles, and more. Our system is focused on encouraging furious combat and multiplayer progression, not stringent competitive rankings, so you'll earn points after every match and Battle.net matchmaking will pit you against similarly skilled opponents.

Our aim for Diablo III's PvP is to set you up with dangerous, exciting gladiatorial matches, let you battle it out with other players at your own pace, and allow you to proudly display your rewards. We've added a robust system to remove the obstructions that may have kept you out of the action, so that you can focus on what really matters: answering the age-old question of 'who would win in a fight' -- with a gauntlet to the face.

Sounds quite promissing, the only thing that worries me is finding good allies.

Hopefully they will make it like dota/hon- having a team is optional, you can still get mached up with ppl and since blizzard are implementing the MMR your allies will be of the same level (hopefully)

I am quite intrigued to see how this turns out, It will be awesome if DIII multiplayer goes E-sport. Do you think that is possible ?

Comment.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I am really excited about this PVP system. It sounds like they are really trying to beef it up.

I wonder if they are going to limit it to level 60 players, because with all of the possible skill-builds, it seems very difficult if not totally impossible to create and balance level brackets that are fair for pre-60. I guess they could simply use levels and PVP achievements to determine brackets, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Blizzard has specifically stated they DO NOT want turning their games into E-sports. I don't remember where I read it exactly, it was probably about a year ago, but someone asked about that and Bashiok replied that they won't let that happen. I'm not sure if their plan has changed or not since then.

I think they have also said that there won't be any gear-rewards or PVP-specific gear strictly for the arena. I think I'm happy about this, but I'm not sure yet. While achievements are fine and everything, I would like to see some more tangible rewards coming out of the Arena. But I agree with Blizzard's sentiment that they do not want this game becoming PVP-centered, this is primarily a PVM game and all the gear and core-elements are made for PVM. I could see a lot of grief if players get superior gear just for playing PVP.

I am worried about the match-making setups. I hope it is not like League of Legends, the matchmaking in that game is a complete joke. You are either set up with pro's on your team and you dominate the whole game, or you are stuck with all newbies who have no idea what they are doing.

I wonder if they will include other stuff with the Arena as well, such as Game Modes. Some possible game modes are Capture the Flag, AoS (like DotA), Shuffle Players, stuff like that.

I think they have said there will be only 1 Arena map with release, but I hope with later patches and expansions they will release several maps, all geared towards different modes of play (see above). And also, that they allow for more players than just 3v3.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they have changed their mind ^^

Look at SCII it is becomming one of the biggest E-sports.

Also as long as there is a ladder and enough ppl that play it (wich I am sure there will be) I am happy :]

Even if there are tournaments and so on I will still only ladder.

Time will tell, but it rocks that they are gonna make pvp a good part of DIII.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I hope they don't lead to any game content (items, skills, etc.) that I wouldn't be able to get in single player.

Other than that - that's some great news, Maybe now there won't be 1 hit kills (from caster classes, not to mention exploits) like there were in D2.

Edit: I was being subtly sarcastic. It was about time they fixed at least that. Everybody calm the fuck down.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they have changed their mind ^^

i hope not. D3 isnt meant to be played that way. they'd have to make everything so much different for e-sports.

also,
im going to miss pwning a lil shit talker and nking them until they ragequit, also going to miss wide open spaces that allow for teleportation battles, and the wells in the area that let you grab some health to get around the no pot rule. also going to miss spamming the town bridge with spells so the instant they step out they die. good times, good times indeed. also im going to miss being able to deal with that faggot who ruins the game. now you wont be able to kill him and are going to have to use harsh words to try and hurt him :/
other than that i'm excited.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Hopefully they will make it like dota/hon- having a team is optional, you can still get mached up with ppl and since blizzard are implementing the MMR your allies will be of the same level (hopefully)

They already said that pvp is going to be 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3. If you don't want allies go for the 1v1.

I wonder if they are going to limit it to level 60 players, because with all of the possible skill-builds, it seems very difficult if not totally impossible to create and balance level brackets that are fair for pre-60. I guess they could simply use levels and PVP achievements to determine brackets, but I guess we'll see what happens.

This was discussed at length before, and nothing was decided. Someone from blizz said that there may be fights against lower level players, but they were unsure yet. I think their first focus was getting pvp as a part of the end game. This is due to the fact that 1 skill point means so much and they do not want to spread the game around in tiers, because if someone say level 21 fights someone 25 they are severely handicapped.

Blizzard has specifically stated they DO NOT want turning their games into E-sports. I don't remember where I read it exactly, it was probably about a year ago, but someone asked about that and Bashiok replied that they won't let that happen. I'm not sure if their plan has changed or not since then.

This is correct, they don't want it to turn to pvp and they want the game to be a primarily pve experience. This is also the reason why they split the skills into pvp and pve, so that the pvp could be adjusted if necessary without touching the pve.

I think they have also said that there won't be any gear-rewards or PVP-specific gear strictly for the arena. I think I'm happy about this, but I'm not sure yet. While achievements are fine and everything, I would like to see some more tangible rewards coming out of the Arena. But I agree with Blizzard's sentiment that they do not want this game becoming PVP-centered, this is primarily a PVM game and all the gear and core-elements are made for PVM. I could see a lot of grief if players get superior gear just for playing PVP.

The only things you get from the pvp (as of now) are bragging rights and achievements. Everything that can be got in the game loot wise is still and only in pve.

I am worried about the match-making setups. I hope it is not like League of Legends, the matchmaking in that game is a complete joke. You are either set up with pro's on your team and you dominate the whole game, or you are stuck with all newbies who have no idea what they are doing.

I wonder if they will include other stuff with the Arena as well, such as Game Modes. Some possible game modes are Capture the Flag, AoS (like DotA), Shuffle Players, stuff like that.

I think they have said there will be only 1 Arena map with release, but I hope with later patches and expansions they will release several maps, all geared towards different modes of play (see above). And also, that they allow for more players than just 3v3.

For the rest of the pvp, i myself have no idea. They haven't released any more information about pvp. This is most likely going to be seen in the beta release.

Also as long as there is a ladder and enough ppl that play it (wich I am sure there will be) I am happy :]

Even if there are tournaments and so on I will still only ladder.

Time will tell, but it rocks that they are gonna make pvp a good part of DIII.

There is no ladder. There was no ladder to begin with, because the ladder system was generally crap in D2. Everything is in the same system and that is open-ended content (like singleplayer d2 was, except everything is going to be given out). That means that everything is allowed for everyone, no ladder-only equipment or anything else. I believe there will be an achievement wall and a statistics wall that will indicate your gameplay, and pvp will be chosen upon your statistics most likely. This will be certain chaos in the start but will settle out in about 2 months.

As far as PVP i think it's a nice past time. You go into an arena, play a match or two in 5 minutes and go somewhere. Or get tired of killing nasties and just want to smash someone human controlled. Or someone gives you crap and you challenge them in the arena. The ''only'' real exciting part is the hardcore arenas: Gladiator style you lose you die, you win you're the boss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.