US News Explosion On Manhattan’s Queensboro Bridge In NYC

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Traffic chaos in New York as several lanes of Queensboro bridge will be closed for at least 2 days following massive truck fire

Traffic jams stretched longer than 40 blocks north and south, as well as clear across Manhattan to the Hudson River
Trips across the burned bridge, normally a few minutes, took longer than an hour
The truck's reserve fuel tanks holding 80 gallons of diesel exploded just after 11am Friday
Flames and towering smoke could be seen miles away

New Yorkers are suffering through nightmare traffic as several lanes on one of the main bridges out Manhattan were closed Friday after a truck fire. A 40-foot tractor trailer on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge’s lower level burst into flames just after 11am, sending flames and thick black smoke billowing into the sky. The fire was put out within an hour, but the resulting damage is going to send drivers’ tempers flaring until at least Sunday.

Traffic jams stretched for miles, gridlocking both Midtown and the Upper East Side with two and three hour delays during the height of evening rush hour.

article-0-1B553DD4000005DC-352_634x344.jpg

Read Moar Here.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You made a mistake with the URL too, lol!

But seriously, fuck hollywood for making cars explode on impact, if it wasnt for movies this would have never happened...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
LOL well the URL is fixed.

But seriously, fuck hollywood for making cars explode on impact, if it wasnt for movies this would have never happened...
Well, don't be sure about that. I bet it would happen anyway.

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
Good thing nobody got hurt, Imagine how traffic woulda' been if they'd 'ave had to roll in the ambulances.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.