Crime Explosive found near site Pope to visit

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Brazilian police found a small homemade explosive in a parking garage near a Catholic sanctuary in the city of Aparecida where Pope Francis is scheduled to visit later this week, a state news service said on Monday (Tuesday NZT).

The explosive, made with a plastic pipe wrapped in tape, was safely detonated by a police bomb squad.

The device was found in the bathroom of a parking structure in Aparecida, a city in Sao Paulo state whose sanctuary honors the patroness of Brazil, Our Lady of Aparecida. It was unclear if the device was related to the pope's visit.

Pope Francis touched down in Rio de Janeiro on Monday, starting his first foreign trip as pontiff and a weeklong series of events expected to attract more than a million people to a gathering of young faithful in Brazil.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
I doubt it would've done much... Maybe seriously injured someone... but that's about it. It just interested me that someone would do such a stupid thing. :p

-Wakes the tiger-

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Don't wake a sleeping tiger! Just saying lol
Anyway, Hmm maybe someone trying to stir up trouble?

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
Probably, I mean... it was a plastic pipe with duct tape... So, yea probably were trying to. The most damage it could to is knock you out... Depending on how it was made. I would have used lighters that ignite when someone steps in and oil on the ground... Mass destruction!, also put oil on the outside of the buildings for a burning fire! That would cause a potential war.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Well, they did say they detonated it, so it would have been high explosives, it probably could do a lot more than knock someone out. Chances are some teenager stuffed a pipe full of tatp and was gonna detonate it for his own amusement, nothing to do with the pope.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.