Exporting and importing

doomsday

Reaction score
i have a old map with many custom abilities, and spells. and lots of edit'ed units.
and now me and my friend are trying to create a new map, is it possible to export those things from the old map and import them into our new map. if so please explain how to do so or link me to a tutorial.
thanks for the help.

P.S: i have tried looking around but didnt find anything and this is my last hope.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There's File>Export all Object Data in the object editor
Do that from your old map

and you just need to go File>Import all Object Data in your new map right?

same thing with triggers and imports

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There's File>Export all Object Data in the object editor
Do that from your old map

and you just need to go File>Import all Object Data in your new map right?

same thing with triggers and imports

But remember if you do this you will lose all excising modifications you have made in your new map. If I remember correctly.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Yes, I intentionally didn't include that info. as the editor have a pop up that tells you exactly that when you do import stuff in, I also assume that "trying to create a new map" means it's not started yet ;)

It would be nice to know of a way to import stuff without replacing the existing tho

doomsday

Reaction score
i found out the way but thanks for the info.
u go to old map and do
extension ->export object data
then open new map, go into object editor, go on the tab u want to import into and do
file ->import unit(for unit tab) and etc

"I also assume that "trying to create a new map" means it's not started yet"
actually planning is done and we have started terrain.

tmow

Reaction score
Last time i tried though i had some trouble with the variables transfering over, make shure the units variables, abilities and names are all the exact same or your triggers will not work :p

doomsday

Reaction score
Last time i tried though i had some trouble with the variables transfering over, make shure the units variables, abilities and names are all the exact same or your triggers will not work :p
this is a completely different map and we just want the units here to use them, not to use triggers, we will be making the new triggers on this map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.