Extinction

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really only spend Thursday, Friday, and Saturday celebrating Thanksgiving.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
May I join in on this?
This seems like alot of fun and my grades are better so I can finally spend more time on here :3

Just tell me what I need over my xfire which is -> rappunk23

Sure can!

You need X-fire.... and some program to roll dice or actual dice.

On page two is a program.

We start this sunday, 12:00 noon EST.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i must joinz

So erm.. if i can get in. Are you just a normal person or what and you should also be able to pick your specialty

Lets say you had a specialty of medic (im not sure how the rolls actually work)

If you had the medic attribute. And you were rolling some kind of heal item. The attribute would add 1 to your actually dice roll (it could be more then one, depending on what the dice is 1-100, 1-10)

If you like the idea ill explain more of it :3

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
No specialties.

Basically, you roll your stats, physique, Reflexes, Vitality, Awareness, Charm, Intellect.

If you have a high intellect and decided to learned first air and pharmaceuticals, then yes you can consider yourself a medic.

No one takes on a specific roll really, you are all just people.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I'm highly interested, but i'm wondering about two things:

1) Are we all playing together, and in that case won't the channel get a bit crowded if we're all talking at the same time (Though i suppose you thought bout that? x) )

2) This system is a bit different from what i'm used to, something like a mix between Cthulhu and D&D (Although the more i read the more it sounds like Cthulhu x) ), i got my own dice (Weeeee) so i don't need a program to roll em, unless you wanna check the rolls ? >.< (Edit: Read your first post so ignore this, i was too hyper to find out there's gonna be some RP-ing)

3) Are we focusing on ''dungeon crawl'' aka we just rolling&killing or are we RP-ing? I don't mind either, but i find it much more satisfying to try to RP a survival horror game

4) When does this start and can i still join? o.0 Been dying to RP :banghead:

I suppose a little something about my RP experience as well wouldn't hurt? Been playing 3.5 since 5 years ago, and Chtulhu since 2 years ago (Played it on the d20 system as well, kinda similar to this). I haven't found any people to play here with, being a bit busy and all, but this sounds like a neat opportunity to get back into the game x)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I'm highly interested, but i'm wondering about two things:

1) Are we all playing together, and in that case won't the channel get a bit crowded if we're all talking at the same time (Though i suppose you thought bout that? x) )

2) This system is a bit different from what I'm used to, something like a mix between Cthulhu and D&D , i got my own dice (Weeeee) so i don't need a program to roll em, unless you wanna check the rolls ? >.<

3) Are we focusing on ''dungeon crawl'' aka we just rolling&killing or are we RP-ing? I don't mind either, but i find it much more satisfying to try to RP a survival horror game

4) When does this start and can i still join? o.0 Been dying to RP :banghead:

Whoa, so many interested! This interesting... last time there was only 3-4 people who were interested...

1) We are, you don't have to talk, some people don't have microphones and may type if they choose. Just take your turns talking - But I talk priority :)

2) Its actually my own custom system, so don't expect things to run flawlessly. But it should work fairly well. I play DnD (Second Edition), never played Cthulhu. :(

3) Both. Lots to hunt and kill, and yes, you need to act in character! That said, I don't want you all doing accents. Tell me what you want to do, I'll say what happens. If your get into conversation, expect to talk in character though.

4) Sunday, This Sunday. and YES YOU CAN! Its at 12:00 est.

-----------------

FIRST SESSION IS 12:00 EST (-5:00)

which is 5:00 GST (-0:00)

Website: http://storiesofmiz.co.cc/roleplay/extinction.php [This site doesn't have all the information yet, its under construction. I have much more than posted. :))
-----------------

Pineapple [DM]

Miz [Super Confirmed]
Romek [Confirmed]
thewrongvine [Variable]
Tru_Power22 [Confirmed]
ToolTipError [Confirmed]
Rappunk23 [Confirmed]

ElderKingpin [UnConfirmed]
Nenad [UnConfirmed]

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WANNAAAAAAA PLAY

Ahem...

You would be suprised how similar your system is to Cthulhu xD

Anyway, i'm GMT+1 so I guess i'll be joining you at 6:00 My time then tomorrow.

I don't plan on doing an accent, but people say i got my own, oh well, diversity is good ^^

I got a mic+headset so i'll be wanting to join in on the talking, if there is any, makes it more satisfying x)

Oh and i suppose you'll be explaining some stuff about your system to us when we're making the characters tomorrow? I usually tend to play the doctor/scientist type in these type of games, since i find it the easiest to roleplay for me (Lawful Neutral is my aligment, judging by Wizards).

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow ^^

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Really? Interesting.

And don't worry, I got an accent too apparently :p

And I will :)

Unfortunately, your stats are your stats, no moving them around, and only 1 reroll of any stat. So unless you get high intellect, might not be a good idea to try and be a medic :p

Oh and I'm True Neutral according to them :)

But I play a Lawful good Assassin. (Was Chaotic Good, But I touched the sword of a lawful good god :\)

Pineapple [DM]

Miz [Super Confirmed]
Romek [Confirmed]
thewrongvine [Variable]
Tru_Power22 [Confirmed]
ToolTipError [Confirmed]
Rappunk23 [Confirmed]

ElderKingpin [UnConfirmed]
Nenad [Confirmed]

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
But I play a Lawful good Assassin.

Really? I play one too in the game back home >.< Sometimes i wish i was evil :rolleyes:

Anyway, so we are rolling by the list then?

Strength - First Roll
Dex - Second Roll
Etc.?

Never did that, but it will be interesting to try out ^^

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Really? I play one too in the game back home >.< Sometimes i wish i was evil :rolleyes:

Anyway, so we are rolling by the list then?

Strength - First Roll
Dex - Second Roll
Etc.?

Never did that, but it will be interesting to try out ^^

Yep, and each stat is rolled by 3D6. that means you have something like, .5% to get a 18.

And 40+% for a 9-11 or close to it.

And as for my assassin, hes lawful good alright, he is the law. :)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Great, sounds awesome, looking forward to tomorrow ^^

One more thing, how will we be contacted over xfire? Just made an account and everything ^^

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
All these people wanting to RP... where were you guys a few months ago when the RP forum needed you. :p

No matter, I am reusing my character's stats from last time we did this, but I got implants this time while talking with Pine a few days ago, so my guy is crazier/whacker than last time, so watch it Romek :p
Nothing like shanking zombies, and people... really anything.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I still don't get how this works. Write a step-by-step guide pleze. (skipping the XFire and stuff, just the actual character/gameplay things) :)
And I can't make it to the first day of Extinction this sunday @ 12 so... next time I shall come out of my closet and join the fight.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.