Extinction

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

extinctionbanner.png

Extinction
"I shanked a zombie kid :thup:" –Miz

Everything seemed great just a few days ago. You were alive, you lived your day to day life, planning for the future and remembering the bad and good times in your past, but not anymore. Now you are only concerned about the here, the now, the present. Your running for your life, there is countless things around that can kill you now. Your friends, your family, everyone is nothing but mindless zombies.

There was an outbreak of an infection. People who were infected began to get distorted and change. They would morph, become creatures of nightmare and legend. Your vary sanity was at risk or being torn apart in this new world. Now you’re on the move, you want out of the city. But that’s not easy. Every turn there are new challenges waiting for you. Hopefully you can find more survivors and together you can get out of the city.

Though, not everyone wants to leave the city. There are groups settling in, building bases within the city, and just trying to live. They have supplies, and are reluctant to share, money has no value, if you want something, trade up or work for it.

Remember, nothing is impossible with dice. Just… Improbable.

Concept

I love DnD, its amazingly fun, and I love zombies. Who doesn’t love zombies? I came up with this idea of a game, the future is in ruins, and your survivors with hordes of zombies running around trying to kill you. Some might find things about the game confusing at first, but not be afraid, I am more than happy to help walk you through it, from start to finish! And I guarantee you, after a session or two you will have it all down pact! It becomes simple and amazingly fun!

You have a wide variety of skills, weapons, and defensive equipment to help fight off the zombie hordes, and all the skills are to help you survive! But Life is more than killing zombies, there are skills to help you do things like pick locks, save your ass in tight spots, or even help heal people with medical skills.

One of the more interesting things you will see is a Sanity Stat. Its simple, your sanity goes down if you witness and see lots of horrifying things. For example, if you see a zombie that’s been mutated beyond human recognition or watch someone torn to shreds, your sanity lowers. Once it’s run out your character goes insane. (This does not happen quickly or easily).

There is no ways for characters to be revived in this, when you die its permanent. Though, you should not be dying often, in fact, you will most likely be falling unconscious. (Which only lasts a few minutes usually). As well, when attacking you can aim at different body parts or just the target in general (This would generate a random body part to target) then you roll the dice to see if you hit them. The advantage to this is you can aim to shoot in the head (Which deals extra damage) or limbs (Which can disable that limb from any further use). It has great strategic value when facing opponents who use a dominant hand.

What To Do

Anything you could possibly want. You tell me what you want to try to do; I’ll tell you how to make it happen. The main advantage to having skills and dice rolling is that, just like in real life, you can’t do everything. And even with minimal skill with something, you can still perform amazing things.

Hell, I’m the one telling the story, but you are all the ones who will make it. Everything I tell you about the story, it’s told because you caused it. You looked into that cabinet to find the limbs. Really, you have control over the story more than I do. I’m just the guy sending zombies after you all in an attempt to kill you. That’s all.

If you are unsure if you would like it, just try it! See if you like it and if you want to continue or not. Nothing to loose is there?

What's Included

There is a wide variety of weapons, pistols, rifles, shot guns, heavy weapons (Rocket launchers, flame throwers), grenades/explosives, all types of melee weapons and even bows!

Ammunition is needed, but its not always just bullets! You can get ammunition for different things, hollow point, armor piercing, incendiary, long range, etc...

Armor is here, but you can wear two different gloves, or boots, there is helmets and body armor as well!

Modifications! Change your guns or armor. Add silencers, scopes, flash lights, or add in a chip to add a desired functionality!

Cybernetic Body Modifications! Yes, give your character cybernetic arms, legs, or add in a implant to your brain.

Items Include: Healing items and things to help ignore pain, drugs, cures to the infection, any anything else you could possibly want!

Addiction! You can just take drugs constantly, you will get addicted then have to go through withdrawal. But drugs often give you a boost to your skills!

Zombies! Lots of unique zombies to make things interesting.

Session Start at: TBA

There is only 3 requirements!
  • Have xFire: Through this program I can talk to you, and DM properly. If I did not speak, the game would progress far slower as my job involves lots of descriptions and explaining. Without this we would only get half as far a session (If that).
  • A program to roll dice (hundred of them, some on the web so there is no need to download): Simple. The game involves dice rolling. You roll dice for lots of things. If you want suggestions on good programs just ask me. Hell, if you happen to have the set of seven dice (4 sided, 6 sided, 8 sided, 10 sided x2, 12 sided, 20 sided) Then you can use those!
  • Enjoy it! It’s a game, treat it like one! Just remember if you are not their, you don’t get anything found or anything like that! So the more often you show up the more you get!
Any Questions at all, no matter what, just post or PM me. Or check out the Social Group!

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Wow, it seems like a great idea; and im quite tempted to try :O
...never really played DnD before though. (Heck i'll learn!)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Pssssh, I call Bill! He has a +1 Agility and 5% bonus in experience gaining due to his military training and wiseness!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally, a thread for this. =)

> Hell, if you happen to have the set of seven dice
We use d100 an awful lot too. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Zombie survival you say? I call Louis!

(I might not have time to join for now but maybe in a couple of weeks if it doesn't end by then)

Oh, hopefully not untill the end of summer :p

And yes, I was highly influenced by L4D to do this :p

------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in trying it out this saturday, Just let me know, and if you want a pre-rolled character (for trial) or to make your own.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If people can't find a dice rolling program, I quickly made one here.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
here's a challenge for you.

4D12.

Have it so they can enter a number (The amount of dice) and then click on a button. IT will show the result for each roll and the total :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I accept your challenge!

EDIT: How's that?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Short Session today, but I enjoyed it. I found two antidotes (Which I needed because I am infected if you remember) and a bunch of other shit as usual.
As I am the only one who always takes risks and hordes everything he finds.

Ran into two zombies/creatures today, and I didn't get to Shank anything in the Head this session :(

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to note: My dice rolling script is back online, here. I realised it was down and spent a while searching for it on my computer :p

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's still open, I'll join.

Where can I get xFire?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.