Discussion EXTREMELY weird bug with damage ?!

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, so I was just playing around with the damage fields of the Object Editor, and I came across this set-up (On a Footman):

Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point = 0.000
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point = 0.000
Combat - Attack 1 - Attack Type = Chaos
Combat - Attack 1 - Cooldown Time = 1.00
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Base = -1
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Number of Dice
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Sides per Die
Combat - Defense Base = 0
Combat - Defense Type = Divine
Combat - Defense Upgrade Bonus = 0

This makes it look "0 - 0" as damage, in-game.
Now, I make two of these units attack eachother (One owned by me and one by Player 2 (Blue), and I'd believe that they'd deal 0 damage, both of them, as that's what it says, but I also used the "Damage" system by J4L to display the damage, and when these two attacked eachother, one died and the message displayed 1276104192.000 damage ?!?!?!?!

Anyone else have come across this ?

And it seems like other set-ups does this too, like if I change the "Damage Base" to positive, it also happens :S

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Ok, so I was just playing around with the damage fields of the Object Editor, and I came across this set-up (On a Footman):

Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point = 0.000
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point = 0.000
Combat - Attack 1 - Attack Type = Chaos
Combat - Attack 1 - Cooldown Time = 1.00
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Base = -1
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Number of Dice
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Sides per Die
Combat - Defense Base = 0
Combat - Defense Type = Divine
Combat - Defense Upgrade Bonus = 0

This makes it look "0 - 0" as damage, in-game.
Now, I make two of these units attack eachother (One owned by me and one by Player 2 (Blue), and I'd believe that they'd deal 0 damage, both of them, as that's what it says, but I also used the "Damage" system by J4L to display the damage, and when these two attacked eachother, one died and the message displayed 1276104192.000 damage ?!?!?!?!

Anyone else have come across this ?

And it seems like other set-ups does this too, like if I change the "Damage Base" to positive, it also happens :S

Does J4L's "Damage" system need unit indexing? My guess is that you either haven't index them or, if you have had a struct attached to them and want to read out something, but the struct doesn't exist, then it should also give weird values.

Test it again with the "Unit deals Damage" Event, and read out your values with the same units. If you don't get the same or similar values then it's due to his system or maybe something you forgot to do.
Other Damage detection systems or Unit Indexing systems may also be causing that, if you're using them parallel to this.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, I'd believe that the unit is indexed, as otherwise Damage would provide me with an in-game error, right ?

And what do you mean by that other statement ?
What is the "Unit deals damage" event ?
I'd believe there is no such thing... :S

Anyways, I have tested the exact same thing with other set-ups on the same unit, like the default one, and then the damage is correct.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
You mean I should specify a unit and directly use that event on it ?
Sure, I'll do that ;)

I expect a bug in WC3 to do with multiplying tiny real values...:D

It's known that in JASS, under some strange conditions, multiplying tiny real values can give you massive numbers. :)

That's the thing, the unit actually DIES, and it has 420 life... ?!
Weird :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.