Eye-Hand Coordination

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Doing a project right now with two friends about tiredness/fatigue.
Found out that it impairs eye-hand coordination and I'm wondering if you guys know anyway I could "test" it? Basketball where we keep track of our score by shooting from a set distance?

The reason I posted it in the General Gaming section is because I've heard that playing video games also requires eye-hand coordination and wondering if you know any games like that for testing eye-hand coordination purposes? Anything outside video games would suffice too.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Color. Grab some coloring books and crayons and color away. While this may bring you back to childhood, it will also improve hand-eye coordination. It is a creative way to control your hands and fingers to do what your eyes coordinate them to do within the confines of the page. Use markers or colored pencils. Instead of a coloring book, grab a sketch pad and draw your own pictures to color.

Play video games or online games. Video games require hand skills to execute the desired task to play the game, using motor skills with visual perception. Play a game that requires precision timing, a sensitive touch and detail and you will find your hand-eye skill increases. Playing video games may even help surgeons perfect their skill in the operating room.

Put together a jigsaw puzzle. This requires picking up specific pieces to analyze which ones fit together, using and improving both hand-eye coordination and reasoning skills. An even more challenging jigsaw puzzle that will improve hand eye coordination is the 3D jigsaw puzzle.

Pick up a baseball, wiffleball or softball bat and take aim. It requires hand-eye skill to hit a ball with a bat. Playing catch has the same effect. If you know how to improve eye hand coordination, you can become better at your chosen sport.

Play a sport that involves a racquet, whether that is ping pong, tennis or racquetball. The concept of hitting a ball with the racquet is the same as hitting a ball with a bat except you also have to factor in your opponent's moves as well.

Box. If you are afraid of getting hit by your opponent, while this is good motivation to learn hand-eye skill, use boxing bags that move instead. Trying to hit a moving bag will improve hand-eye coordination.

Build something or make a craft. Use sticks, blocks or toothpicks to build a model. Try crafts such as crocheting, needlepoint or any craft kit you can find at the store. Mold clay or try your hand at pottery.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more you can do.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I always called it hand-eye coordination...

Any shooter? Geez, really any game that is like real-time and requires you to do an action where time is somewhat important will need hand-eye coordination, whether its moving accurately to shoot someone, or turning a tight corner as you drive, or micro in strategy games, or building fast in like Sims, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.