Fable 2, Good or Bad?

What did you think of Fable 2?

• Fable 2 was a good game.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Fable 2 was a mediocre game.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Fable 2 was a steaming pile of peter's s@#$.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

chanta45

Reaction score
Please tell me what you think, because for me as a quasi regular gamer, they completely took all the challenge out of Fable 2 and turned it into a big heaping pile of poop.

No armor rating, horrible spells, broken promises on the combat system... Made me not want to follow through to fable 3, and I loved fable 1.

*Sigh* Just tell me what you think

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Good game.
It felt a lot different than Fable 1 which was awesome, but it was still fun in its own, new way. The world and stuff you can do is just plain cool and interesting. It's a good game, and very open, too. I don't know why you wouldn't like it, lol, even with the points you made.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I disagree with Vine on one major thing. The games were really NOT that different. As a matter of fact, the entire beginning saga to your adventures was nearly EXACTLY the same. Find money. Buy trinket. Lose family/family member. Die, supposedly. Grow up, half trained, get vengeance on the people who killed family/family member.

You still had to go through and win that Heroes tournament thing.

Overall, there were a lot of similarities, but I didn't let that stop me from having fun. Playing a girl character was interesting and the difference in the good/evil scales really made a difference.

I still liked both games a great deal and played them both more than once, but damned if they weren't really really similar.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
why is the last option. steaming pile of dog poop. I mean, its ok, but its not bad, and if it was bad, i wouldnt think it was dog poop.

chanta45

Reaction score
Maybe a little harsh, just I followed fable 2 through the development and there was a lot of promises made, that just weren't followed and skipped out on. Spell's didn't do much when upgraded, weapon combat was very simplified, and "dying" was a joke.

I don't know, it just irked me guys. =]

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It was okay, felt about the same as the first one only I could get a lot fatter.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
IDK, to me it seemed different than the first.
I guess I is weird, lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
That's because you got to have GUNS. Which weren't as much fun as I thought they would be.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Are you kidding me guys?

Fable 2 was a bit of a disappointment but not that much.

Of course it is similar to the first game, it is a sequel not a different game:nuts:
If you say that the gameplay was exactly the same then you can bite my shiny metal ass^^ There are actually some minor and some major differences and I am not going to point them out.
One of the major differences is that there is a lot more side quests in Fable 2 than in the first one.

I am actually going to compare this to the diablo series. D2 was an improvement of D1, if you think about it it was not really that different to play.

Eh, no combat was not simplified, there are a lot of different attacks in Fable 2 that you actually can control. In Fable 1 you had:
An attack button to spam.
A few spells to choose from.
A bow to use that was not really that good.

The combat in Fable 2 was much easier to use, and not to mention the guns, oh, I love the guns^^ switching between the shotgun and the sword in close combat, that is just an awesome feeling:thup:

There are a few things that I disliked about it as well though:
No armors(plate armors that is).
The dog.
Still no jumping :(
Last but not least: I could not find any imba huge swords in Fable 2:(

And you would think that the death thing would be on here, but NO, it is only annoying to those who die:p

Edit: I am a really die hard fable fan. I even got to borrow my friends 360 to play Fable 2 on my birthday last year. I finished it in after 14hours straight gameplay(Just the story though) and I loved it :) I can't wait for the third installment of the fable games :)

Varine

Reaction score
it is a sequel not a different game

That was promised to be something totally new and groundbreaking like the first was supposed to be, and then it really brought nothing new. The combat was really simplified, just not as much as Fable 1 which everyone bitched about anyway. And it was way too easy. You could take the first Fable's storyline, and change out some names and you got Fable 2 (and add some guns and less swords and a better miniquest system).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You could take the first Fable's storyline, and change out some names and you got Fable 2 (and add some guns and less swords and a better miniquest system).

You know that this is not true at all.
I hope that you are aware that Fable 3 will start the same way, with the parents being killed I mean. That is one of fables many things.
Just as diablo is a game where you set after a big evil dude for no specifik reason, in fable you set after a similiar quest for a specifik reason.

And to be honest, I have seen much much worse combat systems. For example, would you be happier if it had the same system as wow and many other MMO games? Yes, the one where you just click an enemy and wait for it to die.
I for one think that fable has a fitting combat system considering that lionhead wanted something different, the game has always had:
Decent graphics.
A somewhat free world.
A world that changes depending on the players actions.

The last one is actually the greatest thing about the game.
I for one have not seen any game which changes the enviroment that much due to something that a player does.
I mean evolution for example changed the whole world, but that was not according to the players choices it was the other way around there.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I really did love this game, and I played the hell out of it. But...

While there are plenty of things to do, everything is either very similar or incredibly simple. Combat is very easy, jobs are all the exact same thing, and flirting with people is mind-numbingly simple, with no intricacies whatsoever. Quests were rather dull, and although the stories were interesting the actual objectives were boring. But the worst, by and large, was the lack of enemy variety. Why the hell is the final boss a big pyramid? I mean, seriously? It's pathetic. And the bosses all prior to that? Cave trolls, each one of them. NOTHING unique.

The way to be amazing in the game is just to do grind your job, rent some shops, and then go do something else. Pop on once a day to reset the limit, and pretty soon you're making riches for doing nothing. Since real estate is such a major aspect of the game, I would've liked to see it done better. For example, having to evict tenants or threaten them if they aren't paying, or kicking out people who are causing a disturbance in the area. Perhaps you could hire personal guards to deal with it.

The game has a lot to love, I mean a LOT to love. But there's also just this huge amount of potential wasted. This game could have been one of the best. Instead, it was just "very good."

Dyslexia://

Reaction score
Fable 2's boss fight was amazingly epic.
I mean, you take out a gun, you aim, you shoot and BAM! The boss fight is done with one bullet, complete with the slow-motion camera capturing each and every last second of Lucien's pitiful death.
[/sarcasm]
Not to sound like a hater, but just when things were starting to move up extremely fast near the ending of the storyline, just when you get to what you would expect to be the boss fight of all boss fights, it's not there.
Like, wtf?!
It was a huge disappointment for me. :mad:

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
2 Things:

1. It didn't come out on the PC.
2. Push A to be good, Push B to be evil.

If this was corrected (like they made lost chapters for the PC) i would seriously go out and buy this game tomorrow.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well it's more like push A to be good to push C or D, or push B to be evil to push E or F. Push C to be gooder to push G or H, or push D to be eviler to push I or J, or push E to be gooder to push K or L, or push F to be eviler to push M or N.

lulz. I just made that up. Just kidding.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.