Fable III

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
sounds good. cant wait to get it <3 fable is my fav rpg by far on the console (diablo on PC)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Sidenote: Silver Keys are back, 50 of em I think (Not sure)
Also Gold keys are here, only 4 in the world and only 4 gold doors

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
How can you say that? They have changed a lot:eek:
The way you interact with people have been changed a bit, the combat has been improved. The coop felt to me like a whole new experience.

I haven't played Co-Op, so I can't say anything about that.

As far as the combat, the only thing I really noticed is that you can switch from weapon to gun to magic easier, the mixing of spells and then the cool little killing sequences [my favorite being where you hold the rifle out to an evil human opponent, he gets shocked and you just blow his face off!]

Aside from those three things, which are not revolutionary changes, the combat is the same. Not that this is bad, but it's a statement of fact.

from what ive heard so far this game is good, so i am going to stop reading this thread until i pick up and beat the game to avoid spoilers.

j/w though, they mentioned trying to go away from an rpg type game and more focus on the wep rather than lvling... how is that working out? did they actually implement it or is it still the same concept?

As mentioned before, you have your Hero's stats to raise and the weapon's stats to raise. Weapon levels are gained by collecting "Guild Seals" which you get from quests and defeating enemies [and a few other things] The seals act as money on the "Road to Rule", which I won't go into detail about.

Your own personal stats raise like normal, you get different kinds of experience from fighting certain ways. Magic experience from using magic, skill experience [it's called "Stature" in this game] from using guns and strength experience from using your melee weapon.

In addition to weapon levels [which, by the way, affect the look of your weapons. As you unlock the new levels in Melee, Ranged or Magic, the items will gain new appearenced... Glowing runes, dripping blood, magical auras, the overall shape, etc. etc.] any weapons aside from your "Hero" weapons [Hero Sword, Hero Hammer, Hero Rifle, Hero Pistol, the four default weapons of the game] have 3 abilities you can gain by doing certain things, which was explained before in a post. Killing X amount of opponents during the day will give the weapon more damage DURING daytime. Stuff like that.

Sidenote: Silver Keys are back, 50 of em I think (Not sure)
Also Gold keys are here, only 4 in the world and only 4 gold doors

A hint to all, there is a golden door in the Reliquary and a golden key in the Achievment room of your Sanctuary. To get the key you must amass a large sum of money so that it piles at the back of the room high enough for you to climb the mountain and grab it.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
... any weapons aside from your "Hero" weapons [Hero Sword, Hero Hammer, Hero Rifle, Hero Pistol, the four default weapons of the game] have 3 abilities you can gain by doing certain things, which was explained before in a post. Killing X amount of opponents during the day will give the weapon more damage DURING daytime. Stuff like that.

Without spoiling too much, since i can't get the game for another month or so (if i get it i be flunking my exams >.> ) can you elaborate on the 3 abilities. Do we get to choose which ones we want or are we stuck with the 3 first abilities we get.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
The abilities are already set with the weapon.
For Example (in spoilers just in case, shouldnt really spoil anything though)
You get a pistol called Bonemasher or something like that, the abilities are like , Kill 300 hollow men. etc etc

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Yeah, I found a rifle which I don't remember what it is called, but it had this:
kick 100 chickens
smash 50 crates
and another that I don't remember^^

The main story is about as long as that of Fable 2, I finished them both in about 14 hours each.

The gnomes are ridiculously easy to find, I found them all in less than 4hours.
The story up to the conquering the kingdom is nice but predictable, the story after that is just weird. The darkness, they don't even explain what it is or where it comes from:nuts: Jack of blades was at least explained as if he had an origin. The villain in the second one was a standard conquering the world type of dude, but it was still a good story. The darkness is just confusing:nuts: I have not found anything else of the evil after I killed Walther, there will probably be DLC for it or they might do as they did with Fable:TLC and release the game with the expansion to PC.
Another speculation I have is that that darkness is a fragment of Jack of Blades in some way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.