Fail to publish map

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.

I can't publish my map. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's like this for everyone.

Here's a screenshot of the error message (I have no clue what it means.)

uploaderror.jpg

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Personally, I haven't encountered publish errors yet, but I recommend you do the following:

(I assume your publish space isn't full - reading the error. The max space is 5 maps or a certain amount of bytes)
1) Try saving it with a different name and retry.
2) If it still doesn't work, post at the bliz tech help forum.

Question though:
Did you try making a custom loading screen? I assume the bug occurs there, reading the error.

Exide

Reaction score
Personally, I haven't encountered publish errors yet, but I recommend you do the following:

(I assume your publish space isn't full - reading the error. The max space is 5 maps or a certain amount of bytes)
1) Try saving it with a different name and retry.
2) If it still doesn't work, post at the bliz tech help forum.

Question though:
Did you try making a custom loading screen? I assume the bug occurs there, reading the error.

1. Nope, not full. -Is there a max size for a single map, though?

3. That's what I thought too, but the thing is I haven't. -At least not deliberately. :p

It worked to publish my map yesterday. Then at night yesterday it stopped working.
The only difference I know that I made to the map (that I think might be responsible) is that I changed some values under 'Map -> Game Variants'.

Exide

Reaction score
Well, remove the game variant and then publish it, see if that works.

Yes, that is my plan B.
I was hoping that other users might have trouble publishing, though -so that it's Blizzard's fault or whatever. :p

Exide

Reaction score
Ok, so I removed the Game Variant and succesfully published the map.

Now I still have the old problem of my teams not being locked properly.

My map has three teams:
Team 1 - the "good guys" (players, terran, max 3)
Team 2 - the "bad guy" (computer, terran, only 1)
Team 3 - the "twist" (computer, zerg, only 1)

When I host my game, and am in the game Lobby any player can take any slot. (Not sure if they actually get control of the computer's units, though.)

I want to have Team 2 and 3 locked, removed even. -I don't care if it shows up or not. If it shows, I want it to be full of "Computer" players, that can't be moved. (Just like in WC3.)
Team 1 should be open for anyone, players, AI, whatever. (Even though AI won't actually do anything..)

I figured that fiddling around in Game Variant would help me solve this, but it only made it unable to publish. =/

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, btw.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
You'll have to use the Game Variant to do that i think.

Here be how anywho:
Go to (Game) Teams: Set it to 3 teams, lock it.
Go to (Player) Controllers: Set the two players you want to computers.
Go to (Player) Team [3 Teams]: Set one of the computers to Team 2, the other to Team 3, the other players to Team 1.

That should now work. Dont forget to lock them all so they cant be changed in-game.

Exide

Reaction score
That's pretty much what I did when it failed to publish.

I did what you said, step-by-step.
-It looked the same as always. :(

I tried fiddling around by myself again.
I'm pretty happy with how my settings looks now, and feel "this should be what I'm looking for."
However I fail to publish the damned thing again, so I can't check if it's what I want or not..

Error message this time:
VALIDATION_WORKING_SET_SCORE_SCREEN_FAIL

Again I don't have any idea what causes it or what it means..
Maybe someone around here has a clue?

EDIT: I did some testing with a new test map.
It seems I get the above error message if I change '(Player) Race'.
I tried most of the others and they uploaded sucessfully.

The problem is that, even when using a test map, I am unable to set up and lock the teams the way I want.. =/

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is not going to make you happy.

But once this happens your map is corrupt and wont upload.

I got this when I made a map before the first patch then after 1.02 it just failed to upload anymore.

Really really annoying but all i got form blizzard on the issue was "can you upload a blank new map" which you should be able to.

Exide

Reaction score
Actually I made a new map to test stuff.

When using custom 'Map -> Game Variants' the map might fail to publish; showing this error message.
I found out that changing anything in: 'Map -> Game Variants -> Attributes -> (Player) Race' causes this problem.
-Changing all values under '(Player) Race' to "None" fixes this problem.

So yea, problem solved.
No idea why it does that, though..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.