US News Family buys Beats by Dre headphones at Walmart, but finds cans of tuna instead

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Carmen Lopez, 14, of Bothell, Washington opened her biggest Christmas present last and was happy when it appeared to be the Beats by Dre headphones she asked her parents for. However her excitement was dashed when she opened the sealed box and discovered the case was filled with four cans of Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light tuna.

Carmen’s father, Steve Lopez, ordered the headphones online during Walmart’s Black Friday sale. Steve spoke to KCPQ Q13 Fox News and said, “This is what I picked up here and it was wrapped in plastic. So I thought they were legit.” But when the family went to a local Walmart store they were offered an upsetting resolution.

Carmen told the station, “Wal-Mart had said they would only give us a refund, at least the store did which didn’t sound right, because I just really want my headphones at this point. Because I was really looking forward to them.” The refund actually wouldn’t even cover the current cost of the headphones at Walmart, since they were discounted when originally purchased. The Lopez’s reached out to the Walmart corporate office and are waiting to hear back.

To add insult to injury, the Lopez family refrains from eating tuna because their youngest daughter is allergic.

Read more here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No. That's the unfunny, fairly realistic ending that we all more or less knew was going to happen. And let's be honest, it's about a pair of headphones - who gives a shit if she got them or not?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I personally would rather receive the cans of tuna for Christmas than Beats headphones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.