Crime Family Of 6 Arrested Over Droopy Jeans

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
WELLINGTON, Fla. -- Five family members, who got involved in the arrest process of a relative because of his droopy jeans, spent New Year's Eve behind bars, according to police.

Franz Leger was banned from a mall last summer for wearing saggy jeans. But when Leger returned Monday, police arrested him for trespassing.

When the student's family heard what was happening, Leger's father, mother, sister and two cousins got involved. All were handcuffed and taken to jail.

Last edited:

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
This is stupid! You should be able to wear whatever the hell you want. I thought this was the land of the free not the oppressed.

I understand there are some safety precautions since you are able to carry weapons more easily in such loose clothes but you can carry weapons easily in anything. If they are worried about such matters they should install metal detectors not ban potential customers and free citizens.

Plus it is totally legal to protest anything. Even an arrest. The family most certainly should not have been taken to jail.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
lol @ the 2 people who said "finally" and "good"... You guys are the support this machine needs to do ridiculous things like this :) IDK how some people develop such personal issues with people who dress or act differently than them.

They shouldn't have resisted arrest, but if I was in their situation, I would have too. Although this doesn't phase me as much as it used to, considering ALL of the ridiculous, power-mongering cop stories that have been posted on TheHelper alone.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The belt companies are happy :)

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I thought this was the land of the free not the oppressed.
Please tell me you haven't been labouring under that delusion.

This story is right up there with tearing down tents for the homeless and all those arrests in the UK of people who were simply defending their property in terms of oppressiveness.

Sure, I don't necessarily like to see the underwear of another person in public, but hell, arrest is a bit OTT.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You should NOT be able to show your underwear in public. Little kids don't need to be seeing your ass hanging out when they go to the mall, or out to lunch with their parents. The lack of respect in people who do that is amazing. Grow up.

You guys are using the Freedom of Expression to get through this. This isn't a expression, it's downright rude to everyone around you. When the constitution was wrote, people were respectable. Now a days, people take it for stuff that it wasn't meant to be used for. You think when they wrote it, they knew people would use "Freedom of Expression" to be able to run around half naked? No.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
>>people were respectable

People had slaves.

Thats has nothing to do with being respectable.
And I was wasn't quite going back that far. I'm talking the 30's and 40's. People had respect for others. Now its all about you, no one cares.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>Thats has nothing to do with being respectable.

You respect someone who takes another human as a slave and degrades them due to their race?

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Thats has nothing to do with being respectable.
And I was wasn't quite going back that far. I'm talking the 30's and 40's. People had respect for others. Now its all about you, no one cares.

*COUGH* RACISM *COUGH*

D

dunpealx4

"America is the land of free. freedom of speech and belief."

wheres the freedom?

"freedom is not free."

so you have to "pay" in order to get free. LOL!

Reaction score
America is the land of free. freedom of speech and belief.

wheres the freedom?

Freedom is a meaningless power word. What happened here was perfectly reasonable. The people in question were violating decency so they were banned from the mall. When they came back, they were arrested for trespass - it is really their own fault.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
You should NOT be able to show your underwear in public. Little kids don't need to be seeing your ass hanging out when they go to the mall, or out to lunch with their parents. The lack of respect in people who do that is amazing. Grow up.

You guys are using the Freedom of Expression to get through this. This isn't a expression, it's downright rude to everyone around you..

exactly. I'm sick of glancing over and seeing someones ass hanging out because that generation feels its "hip" to sag. I don't walk around with my balls out so please keep your asses concealed. You ever see these people? they can't even walk correctly, looks like they plopped a load in their shorts.
Discusting people with discusting habbits.

and using the bill of rights or the constitution to support your hoorrible fashion trends is silly, If thats the case then i should have the freedom to go out in public and not see your ass, or your underwear or listen to your hip hop lingo (ebonical jive talk). Na-wha-I'm-SayN-Dawg.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
The mall isn't a public place. They were kicked out before, and they were accused of trespassing private property.

By the mall not being a public place, It means that the mall can kick out who ever they like.

M

MikeTheGuy

Esb's right. The mall is not just some random building they stuck somewhere and people said, "Hey let's open a store." They make money off of renting to businesses, and they make especially good money due to the fact that the mall is a high-traffic shopping centre.

At any rate, freedom of speech and expression is used way too often. Free speech means that you are allowed to speak your mind, the government won't arrest you for your beliefs. It does not mean that you are free to offend people.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>It does not mean that you are free to offend people.

Anything that comes out of your mouth will offend someone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.