Faq

S

SmArTgUy

WARCRAFT III WORLD EDITOR FAQ

How do you use the hidden characters such as the marine and the hydralisk without downloading any special programs?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pick any event that you want. Then, use the trigger action "Create Unit." Leave your degrees at default, and remember to create a region first so you can get the secret units created there. Okay, back to the trigger. Choose any quantity of units. Rather than picking from what they give you, use strings for unit-type.
Strings:
Marine- marine
Firebat- chaosspaceorc
Juggernaut- juggernaut
Hydralisk- hydralisk
Zergling- zergling
Those are all I know about right now!

Can you create your own cheats?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes! Actually, it's quite possible. Choose your event as [ Player 1 types a text message as an exact match ]. Choose any text message you want, then simply make an action for it. Whether it be "Add properties to player," or "Change Time to 00:00!"
Here are a few of my own.
BIGMAN- Double the size of all of your units.
SLEEPY- Put all creeps to sleep.
DRYCHEATER- Make all heroes gain quadruple the experience.

Are there cheats that enable the playing of music?
Yes, but out of all the sites I found, these were never posted. They may not work for your computer, but they did for mine!
SOPRANOS- Warcraft II Theme Music
RAINYDAYS- Sad Theme Music
BACKINTIME- Starcraft Theme Music
I think there are two more, but I can't remember 'em!

Can you change the voice of your own custom hero?
A lot of people ask this, but unfortunately, no. However, if your hero sounds like a certain unit, that can work. For example:
Archer Hero- Priestess of the Moon
Footman Hero- Paladin
Tauren Hero- Tauren Chieftain
Ghoul- Lich

If you have any questions, just ask me. On weekdays, I usually respond in 8 - 10 hours. On weekends, I usually respond in 4 - 6 hours.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Those music cheats you posted do not work on my computer. This does not make sense, since everybody has the same game. Any cheat that works for one person should work for everyone.

How did you get them to work? Are these listed on the blizz website?

S

SmArTgUy

Actually, its not posted there. Guess how I got those cheats? From experimentation!

Oh, I went to that site, yes, it answered a lot of things I was about to ask you.

lol.

U

Unregistered

Smartguy! How do ya change the model of a unit to the hidden units?

For example, changing a peasant to a marine model?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
but smartguy, I asked how did you get them to work? I typed for example 'backintime' in a single player game and nothing happened. I tried the other ones and they didn't work either.

Tell me!!!!!! :)

To the unregistered dude - u could get umswe to access the hidden units if you want (umsmaps.com)

S

SmArTgUy

That is the same thing my friend told me.
I myself, don't understand why. Ask other people if it worked for them. I know a few friends that had those cheats work for them. Using this cheats don't require modifying anything, I really don't understand.

But, IT IS TRUE that those cheats DID work for ME.

S

SmArTgUy

Oh! Dumb me!
Der! Sorry, my friend reminded me!

You'll need this info!

These cheats will only work if they are typed between 18:00 and 22:00! Also, if any cheats are typed following music cheats, the music will be disabled. Also, this may only work on an upgraded version.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean between 18:00 and 22:00 in the game world or the real world?

I just tried typing those in between 18:00 and 22:00 in the game world and none of them worked.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Like I said, it doesn't work. There must be something else you haven't mentioned yet.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a pity that replays don't save the chat text as well, because I would ask you to make a replay of you typing the cheats in and getting them to work....

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I just had a thought.....

If there really was a cheat to play the war2 theme music and one to play the starcraft theme music, then both music files would have been stored inside war3.mpq as mp3 files (all music in war3 is encoded as mp3 files).

So I had a look. and, while there does exist the file "War2IntroMusic.mp3", I cannot find ANY music file referring to starcraft music, and thus I must assume that this starcraft music simply does not exist.

ALL music files are also archived in the sound editor inside worldedit. Again, the war2 music is there, but the starcraft music is NOT.

So how exactly did you get a cheat to play starcraft music when no starcraft music exists?

S

SmArTgUy

I really know nothing about this, but..... but......

Yeah, i know it should be there.

I checked the internal music myself, and WarcraftII theme music does exist, however I did not find the "starcraft" music.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
That's because the starcraft music IS NOT THERE.

I have been working on war3 mapmaking for a long time now, and I think I'm pretty familiar with what the game does have and doesn't have, and I can tell you that NO STARCRAFT MUSIC EXISTS ON THE WAR3 CD.

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.