World Farmer who killed 83,000 rats awarded prize

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Mokhairul Islam, 40, won a first prize of a colour television for killing some 83,450 rats in the past nine months in Gazipur district near the South Asian country's capital, Dhaka. He collected their tails for proof.

"I am so happy to get this honour," he said after receiving a 14-inch television and a certificate amid cheers at an official ceremony packed with 500 farmers and officials. "I had no idea that the government gives prizes for this."

"This is an exciting moment. I will continue to kill them," he vowed.

The award was also for his work to launch a month-long campaign nationwide to kill millions more, to protect crops and reduce the need for food imports.

Last edited:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Rofl, that's hilarious.

"I am so happy to get this honour," he said after receiving a 14-inch television and a certificate amid cheers at an official ceremony packed with 500 farmers and officials. "I had no idea that the government gives prizes for this."

"Please pray for me so that I can continue my mission, and teach and motivate others to join me," he told the audience before taking his prize, also a television.

The things they said made me lulz.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

Anyone else immediately think of like a medieval scene with a knight or something that just got awarded a princess for killing the local dragon or monster?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Anyone else immediately think of like a medieval scene with a knight or something that just got awarded a princess for killing the local dragon or monster?

No, I see a guy in rugged clothes running around with a shovel crushing rats, and then cutting off their tails and tying them to a length of string on their side.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No, I see a guy in rugged clothes running around with a shovel crushing rats, and then cutting off their tails and tying them to a length of string on their side.

Yeah that's funnier I'm going with that.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
They're not that rich there... and he doesn't go around with a shovel. He uses traps and poisons, some of which he designs himself...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.