Fastest way to make unit fly

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay ... I know this has been asked before, but all I could find was the opposite of what I want to achieve:

I want to give a unit the "flying unit" pathing. I don't want to make the unit fly or set its fly height. I just want to remove all pathing for the unit so that it can be placed everywhere and doesn't have collision issues with other units by using SetUnitX and SetUnitY.

Turning off collision manually by JASS function didn't help. I want the unit to completely ignore ground pathing and unit collision.

Thanks!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
have you considered using chaos? it changes unit types of units, you could make 2 of the same unit 1 with flight and the other with ground movement and just switch them back and forth, btw glad to see you programming again, gaias was the most fun rpg in wc3 period :)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Not an option, as chaos is to buggy when used on heroes. I need something very simple and robust to turn off collision. Morphing is to complicated and buggy.

GFreak45

Reaction score
would you be open to using the raven form spell?

my experience with raven form/bear form have been pretty good even with heroes

does it have to be seamless or is it a spell that they use?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I could try that ... but that would involve the hero casting a spell and such, wouldn't it? I just want a 'stunned' unit to be moved around with the whirlwind animation, ignoring all pathing. I used windwalk on my bag system and it was fine; however, windwalk comes with the drawback that the unit becomes invisible.

GFreak45

Reaction score
thats not necisarilly true, i forget the thread but there is a field to change the fade factor of the buff to 0% (full color no invis artwork) and you can then just debuff the unit with the dust spell so its visible to enemies

Dirac

Reaction score
The raven form spell works similar to chaos.
I suggest you to morph the hero into a hero that has flying type movement.

windwalk comes with the drawback that the unit becomes invisible.
If you set the windwalk's transition time to -1 the unit never goes invis and losses collision with other units, it can walk through them (but retains with cliffs, doodads and everything else)

GFreak45

Reaction score
oh thats cool i didnt know that :)

EDIT: already +repped u too much and havent spread around the rep, capped for 24 hrs :p

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
The raven form spell works similar to chaos.
I suggest you to morph the hero into a hero that has flying type movement.
So raven form automaticly changes units pathing to flying? I dont need to actually activate the spell, don't I? Just adding is enough?
I can't use morphing for technical reasons I already mentioned. Morphing heroes is always buggy.

If you set the windwalk's transition time to -1 the unit never goes invis and losses collision with other units, it can walk through them (but retains with cliffs, doodads and everything else)
Nice! This was what I was looking for. I'm gonna try that.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I want to give a unit the "flying unit" pathing. I don't want to make the unit fly or set its fly height. I just want to remove all pathing for the unit so that it can be placed everywhere and doesn't have collision issues with other units by using SetUnitX and SetUnitY.

So they would be still unable to go through, lets say, trees. Well, Ghost (Visible) may help. I have a little snippet that works very well on my map, however I think the periodic enumeration part should be further improved, so I won't share it now.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Solved. Simply adding Crow Form while having deactivated pathing by SetUnitPathing(u, false) was enough to fix the problem. Thanks everyone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.