Arena Fatal Four Arena

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first time posting a map in Member's Projects so forgive me if I do something wrong. I made a map a very long time ago and forgot about it. But now I think would be a good idea to continue it from scratch, since it's the only big non-minigame map I ever made... So I present to you:
14lqxw5.png

[Work In Progress]

GAMEPLAY:
Choose from a variety of heroes to fight your way through dungeons and defeat the bosses that lie within them. The object of the game is to defeat the 4 Final Bosses together in one epic battle. This game WILL require teamwork but is playable in single player. Single Players will not have the chance to kill the 4 Final Bosses but they will start stronger than if they had allies.​

FEATURES:
Hero Attribute System
Hero Attributes still consist of Strength, Agility and Intelligence. At the start of the game, you start with 20 Strength, Agility and Intelligence, and 10 stat points, which can be used to customize your attributes to yore liking. Every time you level up, you gain an extra 5 stat points. Stat points can also be purchased at the cost of gold. Each point can be spent to increase one of the following:
Strength - Increases Maximum Life by 20 and Life Regeneration Rate by 0.03
Agility - Increases Armor by 0.20
Intelligence - Increases Maximum Mana by 5 and Mana Regeneration Rate by 0.04
Vitality - Increases Maximum Life by 35
Dexterity - Increases Attack Speed by 1%​
Primary attributes still increase damage by 1
Stat Based Spells
Giving you the power to customize you attributes to your liking, your spell also consist of stat based values like Duration, Damage and the like.
Hero Specific Items
Every hero has his own shop that only they can wear. These items give an advantage to the hero as well as help them fulfill whatever role they choose. Intelligence heroes also have a "Scroll Shop" where spells can be purchased to be used depending on the number of charges.
Item Forgery
Another shop contains "Orbs" that give the hero some unique Orb Effect. Not only that, but the orbs can be forged with some items to combine their effects and strengthen them even more. There are also some forging recipes that only enemies know how to forge.
Creep and Boss AI
Creep and Boss Battles are not just whacking each other to death, they use their spells to either damage or weaken you. In some dungeons, the area contains some traps that can leave you with little health. In earlier dungeons, creeps and bosses have simpler AI's than in late dungeons. But not all creeps have AI, some are only diversions...

SCREENSHOTS:
Coming Soon! :)

IN NEED OF:
Terrainers that can terrain a perfectly looking dungeon or area.
Ideas ( Heroes, Spells, Items, Bosses, Gameplay )​

PROGRESS:
After finishing at least 4 heroes and 1 boss, I can go to BETA phase. :)
Heroes - 28%
Terrain - 5%
Items - 3%
Bosses - 15%
AI - 5%​

:) IN DESPERATE NEED OF IDEAS... :)

So what do you guys think? :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
So its a dungeon with lots of traps, mobs and bosses at the end?

There will be 5 dungeons, one for each boss and a final dungeon for a rematch with all four bosses at once? Or will it just be one massive dungeon?
If the dungeons are split into 5, it would be easier if you choose to include a mode to select a dungeon to battle. For example, player red (or whoever) could choose to just play the "vs all bosses" dungeon instead of going through everything etc. If you do implement this, perhaps you should make some of the quests/features unavailable unless you play all the dungeons.

Item forging and Hero Specific items are a nice addition. It would be good if mobs only drop items usuable by the playing heroes; some items would go to waste if they can't be equipped.

I do enjoy dungeon crawler kinds of games, so I'm waiting to see how this turns out.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
actually the dungeons are seperated by levels. (e.g. level 1 would be a fallen city, lvl 2 would be under the sea, etc..)
player red (or whoever) could choose to just play the "vs all bosses" dungeon instead of going through everything etc
good idea. thanks :)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
This looks very interresting :) I'm looking forward to see how this turn out.

Would love to help, but I can only terrain, and I dont think that I'm good enough to help you yet. Ofcourse you can check out my map and see if you like my "skills" - as I dont know how high level of terraining skills you want (CloudWolf, ect?)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Let me see if I get it, its like a little rpg? Players will ally together to kill Bosses?

I like maps like this, but why ARENA?

@X-Maul
I like your terrain :) really, you know how use Doodads.

X-maul

Reaction score
Let me see if I get it, its like a little rpg? Players will ally together to kill Bosses?

I like maps like this, but why ARENA?

@X-Maul
I like your terrain :) really, you know how use Doodads.

I gues its because they end up entering an arena or something like that :b

Thank you :) have been doing some practise, but thats just very basic use of it though

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@X-maul

oh :eek:

@XeNiM666

You have some screenshot of the old terrain, just to know how the terrain was :p

X-maul

Reaction score
Example - If you're interested I am aswel;)

(This was done in 10 minutes btw)

Attachments

• Crypts.w3x
    21.3 KB · Views: 281

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
@X-maul
- I really like your terrains! I'll remember to call you if I need terraining for the arenas, I'm trying to terrain the dungeons myself and post some screenies... :)
@Laiev
- Here's some screenies of some bosses.. I had to remake/remove them because of their OP'ness: :)
s4t4w9.jpg

30cws2c.jpg

30u8knc.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.