Votes: 2 16.7%
  • O & E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM & E

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Sarj14

Reaction score
This is a poll for my Warhammer 40k skirmish series. Now, I am letting you decide on what to play in the first maps! I am making my first map now and want a poll on what 2 races to add in the Alpha phase.

SM = Space Marines
O = Orks
CM = Chaos Marines
E = Eldar

EDIT:
Alpha Stage Progress on Races
SM - 30%
O - 0%
CM - 0%
E - 0%

In 2 hours, I will work on the top 2 races.

EDIT2: I have posted this on the Hive Workshop as well and will be combining the 2 polls.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Space marines and Necrons.....but since necrons aren't there eldar.

"They are my space marines....and they shall know no fear" ~ The emperor~

Sarj14

Reaction score
For the first few months, I will be making SEVERAL Dawn of War maps. After a few are out, I will upgrade and make maps with functions from Winter Assault, then after a few months again, go to the Dark Crusade functions. Don't expect the expansions anytime soon though! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Yeah I realise :). Dont' worry about it too much lol, I'm not expecting you to implement anything like necrons or Tau at all :p.

DoomedDude

Reaction score
I recommend putting Space marines and orc / eldar.
Space marines are so basic you "need" to include them and it wouldn't be a lot of difference between chaos marines and regular ones.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I recommend putting Space marines and orc / eldar.
Space marines are so basic you "need" to include them and it wouldn't be a lot of difference between chaos marines and regular ones.

Are you kidding me? Chaos Marines and Space Marines differ A LOT.

Sarj14

Reaction score
I know, but if I only add two races, I want work on more functions for the Alpha Release. Also, space marines and chaos marines are different in many ways. I WILL be added all 4 races in the Beta stage and most funtions. I already have it so when you enter water, all base movement speed is reduced. So yay! I am looking at the skirmish maps on my laptop next to me and will be playing a few of them to see what else if avaliable. If you guys have any suggestions right now, please post them. I already know about reduced damage in the indents in the ground though!

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ If you want suggestions for systems....I was actually thinking of an experience system that could be implemented here.

Basic idea (Idea inspired by Dawn of War II):

Units that shoot also miss, depending on the weapon, their experience with the weapon, the distance from them to the enemy, their cover (if it's a self-hindrance), their target's cover, any other factors (like the hive tyrant being a huge target, movement, etc).

Units also gain experience as they SHOOT (and damage) not when they kill. This experience with that particular weapon/weapon type helps them hit more often.

---Basically I've noticed that ranged attacks in WC3 are either homing or siege....which isn't always the case in real life shootouts.

Sarj14

Reaction score
Well, looks like SM & Orks won. 3 here and 1 on Hive. I will start working on those now! Thanks all who voted!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I gotta say, I really like the whole space marines vs. orks. Seems like the classic setup for me.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
tau and tyranid

only two sane races in all of wh40k

all others should die

Sarj14

Reaction score
Btw, if anyone wants to help in this project by triggering/terraining/modeling, you always welcome!

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
i prefer cm sm since they are like "two diffrent parts of the same apple"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.