Favorite Map Genre

What it your favorite W3 map genre?

• Total voters

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
This is a poll out of curiosity, and it might even help me decide what map I will work on next.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
RPGs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
I like best = A Unique Defense (Not a TD, it would have units and/or a hero) map (none that I know of to this day, only the one in "the helper map thread")

Otherwise = Team vs Team games that are heavily team-based. (If you have bad teammates, you will lose). Examples (in random order): Defense of the Ancients, King of the Mountain, Battle Ships, Battleship Command, Melee.

-Demonfaze

SilverHawk

Reaction score
CTF all the way! :D Kinda why I made one. :) I like many others in that category as well.

I do have to say though, one of my favorite maps is a TD, while I don't really like the genre in general.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
AoS and RPG.

You should know that by now, since mine's an AoS/RPG for you folks who haven't played it.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

It is hard to pick what map genre I like. I just like different types. DotA, Battleships, Burbenog, various other tds.

U

unnamed

I like footies :). Its the funnyest game.
I will try to learn dota to, because many friends told me that its fun, after u learn all the items.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
AoS all the way :D

I tried dabbling in some RPGs ... lets see ...

Gaunlet: some level 80 odd guy stood near the revival place and killed me :/

Angel Of Death: seemed like a pretty pathetic game without much purpose

Of course, if anyone could suggest a better one :D

I personally prefer ToB as my AoS of choice :D it is one of the most well - thought - out maps iv seen yet :)

BrokenX

Reaction score
Rpgs, and AoS are my favorites in opinion, because most of them are interesting and fullfilling, and you can play them over and over and most of them won't get even a little boring.

BrokenX

1cRaZyFooL

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Melees and TDs are my favorite even though I'm not as good as I used to be at melee.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah I am playing lots of melee games right now in at, and some solo I want to get my rep up so then I can recruit better people in my clan, and they won't think I am some noob...

BrokenX

A

AddE

bump bump on you too :D

i like battleships - meele games - some tds.. - i HATE
angel arena such small meaning.. :D - some RPGs are pretty nice too.. but there is not really one super good.. hmm .. maybe im gonna make a super good one.. just need an idea ^^

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Angel Arena would be good if it had no tomes.

*Sees Ryoko's post*

*Gasp*

Did you just compliment DotA?

*Takes out great sword and hacks Ryoko to pieces*

Jk, lol. :p

On that note, DotA actually is a pretty good map. It's just the idiots that play it that ruin it. No offense to anyone who plays it.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
1. where did battleships go? i used to by realy good and i new all the items by heart wehn i saw a version i thought ok this one has such ans such then i left for a while (runescape) came back and OMG my favortite game NONONONONO WHAAAAAA OMG WHY! WHY? (i cant host you might quess havnt bothered with firewall yet)

2. i agree DOTA is good but everyone left so much when i stared playing i have lost my taste for it and now 7 minutets makes me so bored of it that i leave (well i also suck so that might be part of it

Sargon

Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
On that note, DotA actually is a pretty good map. It's just the idiots that play it that ruin it. No offense to anyone who plays it.

Yes, idiots indeed. I just saw "dota -ar no jews" for a game name.

What I want to know is how they plan on enforcing that.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
easy ban all dlers like every time

97% of DOTA hosts dont have enthogh patenice to let anyone dl

3% of DOTA hosts are AFK

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.