US News FDA issues rules for genetically modified animals

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
r

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Genetically engineered animals moved closer to the dinner table on Thursday as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration made the process it will use to review new proposals public.

The FDA published proposed detailed guidelines that producers of genetically engineered animals would have to follow to determine whether there are any risks to humans, the environment and the animals themselves.

The guidelines bring the decades-old technology of genetic engineering for animals one step closer to the market.

Genetically modified cattle, pigs, fish and goats are being produced for a variety of uses. Some produce pharmaceuticals in their milk or blood. Others are resistant to diseases such as mad cow or produce healthier meat or milk.

Last edited:

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Oh no the world is going to be taken over by genetically altered species :eek: :eek: Anyway, That chicken looks messed up without any feather, i don't know if they could still keep their eggs warm, but they would be easier to butcher, because you don't have to take off their feathers. All this genetic crap is like a sci-fi film come true...

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I thought I was looking at one of the creatures from Primeval.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm a vegetarian....
Wait....
70% of corn is GM. Damn.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh man they sure look tasty without feathers. Look at all that meat!

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
well no , reason beef tastes like beef is what its made out of. And what its made of it , is what nutrition it gives :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.