Crime Feds seize Kickasstorrents domains, arrest owner

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

Today, however, the site has run into a significant roadblock after U.S. authorities announced the arrest of the site’s alleged owner.

The 30-year-old Artem Vaulin, from Ukraine, was arrested today in Poland from where the United States has requested his extradition.

In a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, the owner is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and two counts of criminal copyright infringement.

Read more here. (Torrent Freak)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Why a dislike? :(

That dislike gave me an infraction. What did I do?

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
How did they get an extradition of a non-US national? Aren't the servers set up where it's technically legal?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Why a dislike? :(

That dislike gave me an infraction. What did I do?
Oh, I simply dislike the news, didn't realize it causes an infraction! I'll undo.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.