Feelings (Will Change)

I

IKilledKEnny

Hi,

I just found out about this forum, and I wrtoe sense I was 6, (wow it has been 8 years already??) but I wrote in Hebrew, so please be mercyful on my English. :)

Anyway I started working on a new story few days ago and I guess this is the forum to post it?

Feed back is dearly appreciated!

Prologue

Have you ever thought about feelings? Not what it is you happen to be feeling, but about the feelings themselves? How treacherous and cruel they are? Crawling in our body making our soul obey them, as if it was a simple servant of theirs? Who gave them the right to do so? Is it us, that we prefer to serve them rather than act rationally, or are they little creatures that settle in us, living their life by being fed from our freedom? Is it a plan, cruel plan made by brilliant people to make us less dangerous than the almighty intended us to be? Or is it simply what we think it is? Has it always been like that? Part of us, an aspect of all of us humans of flesh and blood who live on this earth? Man controlled by such a spiritual thing, is it simply the way the world works? No man shall ever know for certain.

So we might as well hazard a guess.

Chapter 1: John

Why was Coca-Cola such a big success?

Asked himself John, looking at the half emptied bottle of ‘Diet Coke’, humming to himself quietly in his old, small, smelly, and overall depressing car. It’s nothing but a refreshing drink. I mean sure, it tastes good and the bubbles are original, but orange juice is good too! And apple juice too I must add, it’s certainly good to have a nice glass of apple juice after a long day, indeed.

Thoughts such as these often went through his head, bothering him like little bees, making him wonder about such irrelevant questions. That was one of the reasons he was an accountant, instead of a lawyer like his parents had always wanted him to be; he loved to think about those kinds of things that no one cared about. He could think about those things peacefully while writing big numbers and from time to time picking up the calculator. What more could he have asked for? Sure it wasn’t very joyful but what jobs don’t have downsides? He got paid well enough and instead of thinking about all those things just before he is going to sleep, he thought about them at work.

He took a left turn on Flexner lane, as usual and watched the kids going on foot to their schools, carrying awfully heavy bags and moaning every few minutes on how their parents won’t drive them to school.

They should drive their kids to the school, why not? It would do so much good for the kids. Those bugs will destroy their bodies if they won’t be careful!

John let a little ‘Urgh’ slip out of his lips and then went on driving to his work place. After a while of driving between the white houses and nice green gardens he stopped by a tall building that was mostly built of dark windows and the iron tubes that separated them. A few people, all well dressed like him, with grey or black suits and official-looking ties, went inside the big building holding small hand carried suitcases and talking to each other in voices that were close to whispers. He got outside the car with a quiet sigh of relief, took his suitcase from the back sit that was filled with yesterday’s paperwork that were filled with numbers.

Once he entered the building he got few polite ‘Hello’s from people he worked with, most were numb ‘Hello’s but he appreciated them. He entered the elevator feeling uncomfortable with his big body compared to the people in the elevator. “John, JOHN! Hold the elevator” the man who broke the quietness that was stood in the hall was a man that was by all means was too thin, little paler than most people and had a black short hair.

“Thanks,” he said, smiling as he entered the elevator.

“Hey Bob, what’s up?” Asked John looking at the pale man.
“Can’t complain, unless you count the fact that my car just broke, then I can. How about you?”
“Everything’s cool.”
“Cool”

Bob barely knew the guy; everything he knew about John was from the offices’ rumors. Everybody seemed to think he was a bit odd, too big, quiet, and shy, he got to his office at 9 A.M. and didn’t leave until 5 A.M., he even ate launch in his office.

Everybody stood in silent while the elevator went up and then Bob asked “anything interesting at work?”

“You know nothing special, you add numbers and multiply them sometimes” said John smiling but Bob could feel how unhappy he was about it, or maybe he was just imaging? He knew he wouldn’t want to work at a job that he talks about it like that. When everybody got out of the elevator said Bob “good day to you” John replied quickly and walked to his square little office.

John, like always, he finished everything that needed to be done, and even a little more, he ate his sandwiches that were filled with Homos, turkey, few tomatoes, cucumbers, and of course few slices of wet lettuce. He got up at five and a quarter planning to go home. One he got out of the office he saw his boss laughing loudly with few workers and greeting them with a warm goodbye. John got out of the office and waved at his boss and the he nodded back, still chuckling from what appeared to be a funny joke.

John worked harder and better then those people, he knew that if he had the nerves to talk like that with his boss he would have gotten promoted again and again, but the bosses seemed to like better the nicer people, that they liked more and thought they would help them more. They can’t see a talent right under their bloody nose! Thought John, barely managing to not turn around and grab the poor boss, with a possibility if biting him as well.

That was another one of John’s many defects. He could take things very lightly or very seriously, that what made him quit on his first 3 jobs, and get fired at the 4th. I’m not a man of society. He thought gloomily while going in the elevator, following the little laughing group that talked to his boss. Ass lickers! He said to himself but then another side of his brain told him, they were just nice, something you can’t do obviously. He watched a short, blonde haired woman entering to the small moving room that people gave it a special name ‘elevator’. She had stiff glasses before her green eyes and she seemed nervous, and like him, felt stranger by the laughing people that one of them started snoring, quite impolitely. “Beer time fellas!” Said the snoring one smiling. The others nodded, appreciating the ‘oh’ so original idea. The woman smiled at him when she exited the door and hurried off out of the building holding papers in her left hand. John smiled, he was a lefty too. He walked outside and, just like in the morning he waved back to all the people that waved him. Is it just me, or are those waves made out of pity? Asked himself John, but before starting to think about this question he tried to answer another more urgent one; why do the word ‘pity’, deserve such an unfortunate name?

And so, driving home with this annoying question bugging at his mind ended his exciting day. Tomorrow he would have to get up at the same time, 7:25 A.M. shower, dress, eat breakfast, make launch, call his parents and of course drive to work. Yup, each day can turn to something really great! How do we define ‘great’? Popped another question in his head and he let the ‘pity’ question go. That was a silly question anyway, was it not?

The phone ringed, he picked it up knowing exactly who it is “yellow?”
“Ha! Never tired of that ‘yellow’ joke?”
“NEVER! How dare you insult such a brilliant joke?” He was sarcastic…
“So how are you doing John? Ready for our daily talk?”
“Mike we have been doing our daily talk for the past three days, I would expect myself to be ready for such an important event!” He was sarcastic again… Or at least he tried to sound sarcastic.
“So, what questions today found there way to your very unselective mind?”
“Do you really want me to list them all?” Asked John giggling childishly at his heart and smiling and wide smile. Mike could hear his smile and smiled back.
“Wait a second someone knocking at the door” said Mike and screamed “Open! Come on in, just finishing a phone call!... Sorry about that…” Said Mike talking in a normal voice again. “Ok I guess your busy mate?” asked John. He heard in the background few talking voices and he thought one of them was “are you talking to that pathetic guy again that bothered himself for two whole days why toilets are white and not black?” he heard Mike whispering “Shut the fuck up!” but John knew that Mike knew that John heard it, and Mike knew that John would ignore this comment.

No one got any idea how special was his relationship with Mike and he didn’t think anyone could even guess. I guess the only relationship a guy like me have is a unique one… Wait better word, ODD one…He felt how his face are turning red, he tried to smile painfully, but his face just turned into a weird twist “Ok. Listen buddy I wanna talk to you in the moment I get back, ok? I’ll give ya a ring, sound good? You know my fucked up friends, their fucking brain ran a way from their fucking body long before either of us lived on this mother-fucking earth.” John knew already Mike’s old habit to use that dirty words and he was by one of his ‘fucked up’ friends. He shrugged, he couldn’t care ‘fucking’ less as long he could still talk to Mike, “Sure, see you later, enjoy yourself! And let them know the guy who thinks that toilets should be black said ‘hi’!!”

Mike coughed embarrassed and finished the call. Why wouldn’t I go to a bar? I don’t know anyone that wants to go with me, I’ll just go alone. I might even see that group full of idiots that laughed with the boss and give them piece of my mind!! But those, as always, were just thoughts and he didn’t even go to a bar, just sat and started playing on his computer. Some people said that it’s pathetic that a man in his age is playing games on the computer, but he laughed at them, people should be more open, why can a little boy play on the computer on his free time and an adult can’t? He got nothing else to do, and with comforting thought (well comforting thought at least for him) he went on and dived in the worlds of bright colors and people shooting at each while making amazing combat moves.

After few hours he didn’t change his position at all, even the slightest change couldn’t have been seen, he was so into the game screaming from time to time and his screen.
He wondered why Mike isn’t calling while watching the character that he was playing jumping from one side of a room to another killing few ‘bad guys’. On the way, Mike probably got drunk and fell into a trash can while trying to find the way home, he thought and with that comforting thought (at least for him) he continued playing and cheered when he got a good weapon.

After another few hours John finally went to sleep. He heard the phone ringing, that’s probably Mike that is going to beg John to forgive him and tell him that he went with those guys out just so he would have good connections at work. John turned so he stomach would face the bed and went to sleep.

At the morning he felt slightly dizzy, he played too much probably and went to sleep too late. He moaned while turning off his alarm clock and went to shower carrying in one hand his clothes and a towel. After 15 minutes he got out well dressed as usual the towel was in the laundry’s basket already. He made his usual sandwiches, ate quick breakfast that included 2 eggs, and lots of fruits. Sweet start on the morning, considering the rest of his day was usually pretty sour, or tasteless the morning was the best time for him, even though he was tired and grumpy.

After finishing his breakfast and washing the dishes in the sink he dried quickly his hands and called his parents dialing the numbers blindly. “Hello?” came a high, tired, shaking, overly old voice through the phone. “Mom?”
“Hi darling, I couldn’t expect anyone else to call me on such an hour, how are you?” “Fine and you? I hope I didn’t wake you up?”
“Oh no, you know we like to do a little sport in the morning, your father’s knee is bothering him a little but don’t worry he can still run like a little tiger” she said in a loving voice and he could hear her breathing heavily. “Tell him he needs to practice a lot, he still can’t outrun me!”
“You will be surprised, anyway darling don’t want to hold you before your work! Go have fun!” and she hang up leaving John holding the phone and then slowly putting it in its proper place. He got in the car and started driving.

Why are new books so much more colorful then old books?

I

IKilledKEnny

Hmmm, any comments? I would appreciate both negative and positive (of course :p ) ideas, I would really like to improve my writing skills.

I know it's not a super fantasy stroy, and that it's long and unique / special / odd (depends who you are :) ) but I still hope you would enjoy it.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Great. Your writing and writing style doesn't have some of the awkwardness that I've seen sometimes in others. The Grammar can be easily remmedied, just read read read (English).
Not much critism, just grammar mistakes which as i said before can be fixed and don't have his boss named bob, I'm sorry but that is just too normal. Try atleast 'Fred' or 'BillyBobJoe' or 'Tutankahmun' lol
But great, just really great.

Its my BIRTHDAY

I

IKilledKEnny

Thanks for your comment, about the grammar English is second language to me so I'll get someone to check it later on.

About the name 'Bob' it supposes to be casual. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.