Female Sketch/Airbrush Shading

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
My sister got autodesk sketch book pro. Its very sketchy pro. So heres a woman I drew. She looks pretty A-Oh-Kay.

JimFemaleDoodle.jpg

I find lips really hard. :(

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
..The lips ruin the whole thing :p. The nose also seems to be too straight.
The rest of the piece is nice, and the shading is well done. :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good, apart from the lips, which are oversized.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
the ear looks a little too high, as a basic rule the positioning of the ear is between the bottom of the nose and the eyebrows. The shading on the lips needs to be redone, more shading on the top lip and the bottom one needs to be rethought (just looks odd). The structure of the face looks pretty good, but the values need much more contrast (darker darks, lighter lights). When working with black and white, values need to be unrealistically stressed in order to not look flat.

I would suggest drawing a bunch of lips in different positions using references over and over until you get to a point where you can draw them without even looking at something for reference.

The eyes and nose are really good, I don't have any significant problems with them.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Agreed with Genkora. Top lips need to be darker.

It's considered very good since tablet is used here. It's very very hard to sketch using tablet than pencil/paper. Unless you're using Cintiq...

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
The head in relation to the body is way to big. Either shrink the head or increase to size of the shoulders a bit.

MisterFrank

Reaction score
If someone already addressed this then my b..

You should've just drawn one line for the body, lips, etc.. instead of leaving the sketch lines there to make it look neater, the shading looks fine but the color for the eyes looks a bit out of the line.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.