Feremuntrus's Destiny

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Because of problems with my previous story about Feremuntrus and much offtopic conversation, I am making this new thread for on topic comments and I changed my previous use of old english into modern english.

Chapter 1 - A Farm Day Gone Barbaric

"Feremuntrus! Honey, please get the cattle out of the barn real quick!" screamed Feremuntrus's mother, Danifille.
"Coming mother!" replied Feremuntrus with loyalty. It was a bright sunny day at the farm of the Godwill’s located on the very steeps of the Redridge Mountains. Feremuntrus Godwill, a faithful and loyal 15 year old, was raised by his mother at the farm where their family resided for over a century.

As activities continued in there monotonous aspects, a dark and unusual storm swept across the mountains. It was uncommon for such storms to spew in the ranges of the mountains but as most things are in Azeroth, anything may occur. The storm continued to roam the fields as if scavenging for something. Eventually after repudiating destruction and desolation in its path, it began to embark on an itinerary into the Godwill farm.

Feremuntrus was busy occupying the cattle unaware of the storm that was approaching his own farm. He soon got the cattle out and noticed the sky was very dark. It was unusual and he went to tell his mother who was inside the farm house.
"Mother… Mother!" he attempted to scream through the window. The result was silence as the storm continued to head towards the farm. He tried to open the door but, in utter disbelief, it was locked.

Feremuntrus was at the brink of fear and came to a conclusion. He began to herd the cattle back into the barn for protection while stepping in the anterior of the storm.
"If my fate lies from the power of this storm, then let this storm consume my essence".
Knowing hiding wouldn't help; he raised his hands as if attempting to grab the storm and waited patiently. The storm nearing his fragile body amazingly stopped. Feremuntrus was completely relieved and he dropped gleefully on the grassy plain.

With the storm's sudden pause, things were beginning to deteriorate and surrogate around Feremuntrus. He saw the sky red like fire with the grounds dripped in blood. He was confused and frightened as to what was going on. He looked in the distance and saw the storm resuming its pathway towards him. He began to sprint with terror but was halted immediately thereafter. Dead bodies grabbed a hold of his feet and in an instant, his body started to slowly become sucked into the blood on the field. As his body continued to sink lower a figure burst forward.

"My name is Sargaras Mortal. You shall be the first of my corrupted creations.
Abandon your impudent mortality and join me in glory and power beyond imagination!" The consuming of the blood stopped and defenseless Feremuntrus only listened and trembled in the site of this unnatural entity. Sargaras in his eyes resembled a demon with obsidian armor bent from the voids of the nether and skin fabricated from the very depths of hell.
"You have little time to decide your fate. Accept or be swept in death like all the other mortal fools."
Feremuntrus staunchly replied, "I accept your request demon lord, but let my mother be spared of death."
Sargaras felicitously replied, "Hehehe, your mother will be clear of harm but only if you abandon this farm forever!"

Feremuntrus was stunned and couldn't believe the sudden choice he had to make. If he didn't go and stayed with his mother, they both would be dead but if he chose to go, his mother would be safe with the exception of him never able to see her again. Feremuntrus concentrated, fully aware of the vile abomination's impatience. Before Sargaras erupted in disgust of agitation, Feremuntrus swiftly answered," I shall go, let corruption manifest my purity. If my beloved mother be spared of harm, then I shall go."
Sargaras, visible of his vivid delectation, pointed his large ashen finger on the head of the consumed mortal form of Feremuntrus and then withdrew his finger. Feremuntrus suddenly felt a slight burn on his forehead. He was unable to find out what caused this excruciating pain to his body which was being drenched in the wet blood that reached up to his neck.

The pain proliferated within the confines of his body expanding everywhere and unleashed much agony and suffering. The suffering was so unbearable that he screamed hopelessly during the manifestation. His mother, who had locked herself in at the barn heard the screams and promptly recognized the sound of her dear beloved son. She came outside to see what had gone on with the blood and dark sky. She was shocked and as she turned her head towards Feremuntrus, she was near a stroke. The very sight of Sargaras spread like a nightmare around her body. Unable to let her succumb to her fears, she ran up to Sargaras and attempted to assault him with her broom.
"Hellish spawn, release my child, and let your corruption decay in hell forever!" she yelled in fury.
"Foolish mortal," replied Sargaras, "the inevitable has already been achieved. It is only a matter of time before I have no use for this child and then I will only find another subordinate to replace him. Your impudence; however, shall not go unpunished though."
Sargaras drew a massive cleaver and slaughtered Danifille without remorse.

Feremuntrus, who had witnessed this barbarity during his suffering, had erupted in a waterfall of tears. He had discovered the hopelessness of his decision and that his fate was now sewn in with the dictation of this fiend. He attempted to stop his sorrow and closed his eyes drifting into a dreaded sleep.

Chapter 2 - The Dark Lord's Intentions - Three Years Later

Feremuntrus still lay asleep from when his farm was assaulted. In an instant, a droplet of blood drenched his face immediately awaking the depressed child. Now an 18 year old man, Feremuntrus opened his eyes to see what had awaken him. Once he tried to see where he was at, he was dumfounded.

Upon observing his location, Feremuntrus noticed a wide open area. Sets of pillars encircled his body and his body itself was magically strapped into a dark bloody altar.
"Sargaras!" Feremuntrus yelled. "Where are you? Is this your wrongdoing?"
Again, silence was the only response. Feremuntrus, now who resembled a strapped lamb, only wallowed in his faint memories of the farm. As Feremuntrus began to unveil his tears, a thunderous shockwave was heard from afar.
"FOOLS! You are meant to get the powder COLD not warm! If I do not get the appropriate reagents for the Transbiomorphic Transmutation, then the operation will fail and my ‘unique’ subordinate will be wasted and killed. You know as good as I do of his destiny!"
Feremuntrus in curiosity overheard this conversation and became confused. How was he, a farmer, unique? For him to have a destiny intertwined with the will of the dark titans was overwhelming and unbearable to comprehend.

As Feremuntrus swept away in his own confusion, a faint figure marched forward towards him.
"Ahhh..... the subordinate... a miraculous subject for Transmutation. How I rejuvenate in the spectacular prophecies of our dark and powerful master. Do not quail for your mortal existence, your destiny overrides any use of death for yourself. Relish soon in mortal glory, your predetermined life shall ascend to immortality!"
Feremuntrus finally identified the talking figure. It looked like a normal human but with a dark robe composed of dark malefic runes of an ancient heritage or culture. "I must now descend from this catacomb. I will return to tend to your ritual so you stay firm in your position mortal. The rewards of Transmutation will be unlike anything you would ever expect to receive."
As he was about to leave, he swiftly stated, "And please, don't answer back, hehehe"

The figure walked away from visible sight and Feremuntrus lay in curiosity. He began to think of what awaits him in the ritual. He decided in his mind to play along with the ritual despite such hatred towards the murderous Sargaras. He then heard again the dark lord in the fogged distance.
"Finally, you pawns deliver the dust in excellent condition! Quam'tora! Ascend to the altar. The ritual shall now begin." The same figure burst forward again, most likely to be the Quam'tora Sargaras ordered to go to the altar. He then turned his head to Feremuntrus with a slight grin and whispered in his ear, "Mortal, you must be curious as to our master's intentions for you. Well..... after this ritual...... you... shall become his messiah of destruction! Hahahahahahaha." Quam'tora distanced himself from Feremuntrus visible of his hidden laughter.
"Now mortal," arises the voice of Sargaras, "now.... the time of Transmutation commences...."

Chapter 3 - The Transmutation Ritual Commences

"Now subordinate Feremuntrus as you call yourself...prepare for the great divinity of your predestined immortality," Sargaras stated. Sargaras stepped forward close to the altar carrying a chest of reagents that he was going to use on innocent Feremuntrus. Sargaras unlocked and opened the chest withdrawing a dagger. Feremuntrus immediately misinterpreted it as a sacrificial dagger and began to attempt to break the hold of the magical shackles.
"Foolish mortal,” says Quam'tora. "The ritual does not involve the death of you. If you do not comply with the ritual's process, then we'd be forced to ultimately kill you." Feremuntrus, who ignored the man's words, continued to struggle in trying to free himself from the shackles. Quam'tora then came up to Feremuntrus and touched the chest of Feremuntrus.

His heart was halted and Feremuntrus in unison halted from his actions. Seconds later, Quam'tora pressed his finger onto his chest again and Feremuntrus's heart resumed its pulse. Feremuntrus now lay breathless and weak while Sargaras stepped closer to him holding a ball of eternal energy in his hand. "Quam'tora.... prepare for the first Transmutation" Sargaras commanded. He thrusted the orb into Feremuntrus’s chest and then stretched his hand inside Feremuntrus's stomach. After digging through he felt his heart and ripped it senselessly from his body. While he was reaching into his stomach, Quam'tora quickly conjured up an arcane human heart and quickly inserted it to Feremuntrus's stomach after Sargaras removed it. The arcane heart instantly reattached the body together saving Feremuntrus from expected death.

Sargaras now ripped out his own demonic heart and placed it next to Feremuntrus's heart. Amazingly to Feremuntrus's faint eyes, he saw Sargaras's heart pump still allowing him to live. Sargaras then jabbed the dagger into his own heart ending the pulse that it still had. With Sargaras still alive, he then collided both hearts together while Quam'tora cast an arcane spell between the two hearts.
After about 5 hours, the hearts fused together and emanated a dark, chaotic, glow. Sargaras drifted toward Feremuntrus and replaced the arcane heart with the fused one; removed the arcane energy that enabled him to dig into his stomach. "Feremuntrus.... rest. The completion of this ritual shall end after 5 years of sleep." Sargaras, after saying those words, covered Feremuntrus with a strange dust, and departed along with Quam'tora. Feremuntrus fell into a deep slumber.

Chapter 4 - Awaken Messiah! - Five Years Later

Five years had past after the grieving inhuman ritual. Feremuntrus, as Sargaras predicted, finally awoke from his sleep, now as a 23 year old adult. As he woke up, he began to feel a sudden urge. He felt the urge to kill and it consumed his thoughts until a familiar individual relieved him by casting a spell over him. "Salutations subordinate Feremuntrus. After the irrevocable procedure of the Transmutation process, it seems to have concluded in the apparent repercussion of Lord Sargaras's assessment of human and demon genetic structures. His theory hypothesized that if a demon and human heart fused, that a new entity of race would be formed. As predicted by our conjecture, your skeletal and muscular structures modified into an extended ectype of your aboriginal anatomy which in term, elaborated your solitary strength, speed, and it escalated an unidentifiable segment in the brain that accommodates the mystical energy classified popularly as ‘mana’. Now with your advancement in capacity of power, you may initiate phase two of the Transmutation." Feremuntrus, while listening to the figure speak, identified him as a more fluent Quam'tora and was baffled by the context of vocabulary Quam'tora was using.
"I know you expect me to understand or hope for me to understand what you're saying but might you refrain from using such vocabulary on the feeble limits of my intellect?" Feremuntrus said in response. "
Heh.. As you have just purported the capacity of your intellect leads me to discuss with you the second phase of Transmutation.... Intelligence," Quam'tora said in delight.

"Now let me explain to you the formalities of phase two in a context sustainable by your level of intelligence," continued Quam'tora in his explanation. "In this phase, you will be tested by Sargaras to master your new enhancements in strength and power to its full extent. You are then expected to fight a particular high elf who resides in the forests of Moonglade. I will not provide the directions in reaching Moonglade so use this disadvantage to prepare your intellect for what lies ahead for you. Now then.. after you find this elf, kill her. Once this has been accomplished, retrieve her brain and a particular book known as the "Arcane's Denouement of the Human Brain". If these two ingredients are handed over to me, then we shall continue to part three also known as the ‘Mortal's Preferment into Immortality’. Also, be aware that the elf's name is Galanda Soothwing." Quam'tora finally ended his lecture and swiftly left Feremuntrus by himself.

"This is going to be a challenging quest for me." Feremuntrus thought to himself. "I never fought in my life so how would my emotions allow me to kill an innocent. If these demons and their followers discover my softness towards life, then I should expect torture or death." Feremuntrus, in an attempt at dissipating his worry, staunchly said out loud, "Time for the Slaughter!"

Chapter 5 - Dusk of Peace

Feremuntrus now lay forsaken in a dark and gloomy wilderness. The woods encumber with the odor of rotting flesh: the trees desecrated with age, the grassy terrain scorched by demonic flame, and the sky foggy with a dark, evil blight. Feremuntrus meditated, and concentrated his thoughts to adapt to his new body. His body now ruptured by bloody scars and his skin enveloped by a scaly hardness. Spikes uplifted from his forehead and spine; his eyes chaotic and red like a midnight pyre.

After five hours of peaceful concentration, Feremuntrus finally awoke from his meditating. He drew some of the corrupted dirt from the ground and observed it intensively. In a flash, the dirt imploded, releasing a mystical seal. The seal, consisting of many shapes and symbols released a great shockwave. The shockwave spread across the woods; trees flying and ash storms raging. Feremuntrus resisting the powerful force, which his preexisting form could not and witnessed a marvelous site.
The seal unleashed a map. The map was inscribed in many geological features. It showed elevation, bodies of water, and mystical portals across what was inscribed as, Moonglade. Feremuntrus grinned in achievement as he duplicated the map onto a parchment he had ripped out from a nearby oak tree. Now victorious from his search, Feremuntrus decides to take a swift nap before traveling to Moonglade.

During his time of sleep, he had a strange vision. He was there as a boy and Sargaras standing nearby his fragile body. His mother, seen in the distance, walked up to Sargaras. In some strange turn of events, his mother and Sargaras hold each other’s hand and left Feremuntrus alone while they drifted away. Feremuntrus ran and ran attempting to catch up but it was too late. Quam’tora arose from the shadows and captured him.

Feremuntrus awoke, taciturn of any reaction to what he had just experienced and stood up from the dead soil. He scrutinized ever idiosyncrasy of the map and transferred the parchment into his pocket. He readied himself for the expedition into Moonglade and disembarked from the decrepit woods.

Please Send Comments and Feedback

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Eh, not bad.

At first I thought that you didn't portray Sargeras well, but he ended up being about as evil as he should be, so it's all good. Kind of interesting thing you've got going for ya, although I only read the first one so far.

I'd suggest not using words that you only sort of know the definition of - there are many words that are improperly used, or that have the wrong verb tense and what not, and it really bugged me as I read. Manifest, especially, it seems you should check the definition for.

Anywho, it wasn't so bad as to turn me away from it, as was your first version of it, imo, so I'll finish reading it some time. Either way, good luck on your story. Later.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Ty for the comment. I actually tried to refrain from using manifest and I did my first total edit of all 4 chapters. I made sure to keep it in proper tense and fixed many grammer issues.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Hehe me too but too lazy to learn and master old english. If I knew it it would've been supurb

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Bump. Also I made another big edit and added chapter 5. Please leave comments and feedback as I really yearn for constructive critism as to how to expand the context and plotline of this story.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
FOr feedback, this seems like a very interesting and well-written story. I admit I'm not a fan of it but NOT because it's not good but because I don't like complicated reading lol. Too lazy . I'm sure many others will enjoy it so good luck!

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Lol thank you for that comment. My objective in this story is to introduce a variety of different personalities. It includes things like knowledge as you see with Quam'tora's explicit improvement in his intellectual knowledge over time.

I find using this tactic as a method to diversify the story as well as to express a much greater example of imagery which I find to be an excellent literally element to use in every story.

The general focus I also used in the story of added big words is to reveal a much more depictable atmosphere. To give a large picture of what exactly is going on. To show the events like you observed these unique characters from a close perspective.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.