FF Open RPG II for Starcraft 2 :D

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Ive decided to bring the project over to SC2. The functionality of the editor is amazing and perfect to get this project going but I need some help. Since it appears most of the trigger setup is 99.99% like World Editor. It should not be a problem making an easy save/load system but I don't know how to setup heroes and items. Can someone help me out.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you want to make a hero, open the data editor, select units. Right click in empty space where units are listed, click add new object. For Object Type, choose Hero.

Haven't messed around with items yet.

Edit. Appears it's not so simple. I'm so lost as to a bunch of things... Like how to change the model of a unit, their attack dmg, spells etc. I can't find the fields in the data editor.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
If you want to make a hero, open the data editor, select units. Right click in empty space where units are listed, click add new object. For Object Type, choose Hero.

Edit. Appears it's not so simple. I'm so lost as to a bunch of things... Like how to change the model of a unit, their attack dmg, spells etc. I can't find the fields in the data editor.

Same, it's really freaking difficult. It has to be through the data editor but the fields are all different. Was hoping it would be as easy as the World Editor.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Could help with it at home, I've figured the entire editor out just about. :D

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Could help with it at home, I've figured the entire editor out just about. :D

Awesome cause I'm semi confused still. I thought it would be an easy transition but really things are kinda moved around, not the mention there's not a lot of models to work with at the moment but that's fine cause models will start popping up everywhere in the following weeks, plus, you can bring over WoW models which is gonna be pretty epic.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score

Units seem to be connected/extended to different objects now.

I noticed that units don't have an attack themselves, but a weapon.
The weapon objects themselves hold the damage and range.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Units seem to be connected/extended to different objects now.

I noticed that units don't have an attack themselves, but a weapon.
The weapon objects themselves hold the damage and range.

Really? Well that explains a lot, and that's actually pretty sweet cause now instead of making triggers to modify damage with different weapons, you can use weapons all in their own. Very nice find.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.