Spell Fiery Dash

L

LegACy99

UPDATED AGAIN
Well, this is my first skill submission, so please take a look.

Name : Fiery Dash
Version : 1.16
Catagory : Ultimate
Levels : 3
Theme : Fire, Speed
Coding : GUI
MPI : No
MUI : No

Mana cost : 160/220/280 (It should be, but in the sample map I leave it as 100 for testing purpose)
Cooldowns : 90 seconds (It should be, but I leave it as 5 secs for tresting purpose

Fiery Dash
btnfierydashqh2.png

Blaze engulfs himself in a flame, turning himself invulnerable, then he thrusts forward to a random target in vicinity, damaging any enemy he comes into contacts with. He will bounce off any obstacle in his path, then he'll pick another random target and dash toward it. He will accelerate every time he bounces off, but his speed will decrease over time.

Level 1 - Deal 300 damage plus 1.6% of movement speed X number of bounces bonus damage, 2000 distance.
Level 2 - Deal 300 damage plus 3.3% of movement speed X number of bounces bonus damage, 4000 distance.
Level 3 - Deal 300 damage plus 5% of movement speed X number of bounces bonus damage, 6000 distance.

The caster is invulnerable.

Usage:
Fiery dash is best used in a cramped spot with few units, that way, those units will get the most damage, since it'll just keep bouncing off toward it. It's also great when used when the area is crowded, so you hit many target at once. And don't forget, it's also a great tool for escaping tight situation, since the caster turns invulnerable!

Screenies (from v1.00):
FieryDashScreen1.jpg

FieryDashScreen2.jpg

Here's the sample map!
Fiery Dash v1.00
Fiery Dash v1.08
Fiery Dash v1.15
Fiery Dash v1.16

And here's a readme (taken from the sample map)
How the spell worked
==================

We need to make the caster 'dash' so we'll be using move unit instantly action
every 0.05 seconds. Then we need to make the unit damage every unit he passes
through right? So I use unit groups to pick all units around the caster and then
damage it.

Then check if there's unit in front of the caster or not, if there is, make the caster have
no collision so it passes right trough the unit.

Then we need to bounce him off destructible and terrains, so after checking if there's a
destructibles, we change the angle to target another enemy. For the terrain, I just checked
the difference between caster current and old position, if there's not much difference, it'll
be counted as hittng terrain.

Lastly, I check if he has travelled enough distance, and if he has, I'll just stop the timer
and destroy all speciall effects, as well as removing leaks. Also check if the target group
is empy, since if it's empty, it means there's no target in range!

===================================
How to Copy Fiery Dash Spell to Other Map
===================================

What does Fiery Dash use
------------------------------------------
- A dummy, non-targeted spell (Fan of Knives is used in this sample map).
- 25 variables (It's all the variable included in this map, other than Spawn Creeps variable).
- 2 triggers, one as the initializer, another as the main engine.

Copying instruction
------------------------------
1. First of all, you need to copy all the variable in this map, except variable SpawnCreep.
2a. Then you can either copy the dummy spell I made in this map (A000:AEfk (Fiery Dash)).
2b. Or you can make your own dummy spell, which must be non targetting, and have no effect (damage, stun, whatever).
3. Copy the 2 triggers in Fiery Dash catagory.
4. Connect the spell, trigger and variables to each other (use this map trigger as reference)
5. Put LegACy / M4Ste12 (I prefer LegACy tho) to your credit list. ^^

Well, I'm looking forward to your C&C, guys! May be there's still a leak I'm missing, or a bug. Or maybe it's imba ^^

Anyway, feel free to use this on your map, as long as there's my name on it. Oh, and the icon is self made too!

Skill Changelog
  • v1.00
    - Created the original Fiery Dash.
    - Released it to thehelper.net
  • v1.03 [Unreleased]
    - Used timer instead of periodic event (thanks to IKilledKEnny).
    - Removed un-needed code.
    - Fixed some bugs.
    - Added more comment.
  • v1.08
    - Fixed some more bugs.
    - Fixed skill mechanics. (Thanks to IkilledKEnny)
    - The caster is now invulnerable when casting the spell.
    - Added walk animation.
  • v1.15
    - Reworked the spell (thanks to Daxtreme)
    - Changes spell damage for balancing.
  • v1.16
    - Fixed a bouncing bug. (thanks to Daxtreme)

P.S. In the sample map, Blaze is the name of the hero, so I put him in the skill description.

Attachments

• LegACy99 Fiery Dash v1.16.w3x
    56.6 KB · Views: 737
I

IKilledKEnny

Nice spell. You should note it's not MUI nor MPI. Also use timer instead of other trigger, timers > triggers. Also Velocity is way too big, it makes the spell look odd, decrease it to 10 or even 5.

Add comments to your trigger, many parts I didn't understand (*sigh* JASS is so much clearer).

Trigger Comments:

Code:
Conditions
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Fiery Dash [Ultimate]
   [B] (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Flame Seeker[/B]

Bolded line is useless.

Code:
Set FieryDash_CasterPosition = (Position of FieryDash_Caster)
[B]Set FieryDash_CasterOldPosition = (Position of FieryDash_Caster)[/B]

bolded line is useless.

Also if I'm not mistaken (as I said the trigger if very messy so I might be mistaken indeed) your damaging, destroying and boucing functions effect objects that are behind you as well.

Overall: Well done +REP from me.

L

LegACy99

Damned ImageVenue, it don't have direct link image. Glad I have a photobucket account. So, screenies are up guys!

Nice spell. You should note it's not MUI nor MPI. Also use timer instead of other trigger, timers > triggers. Also Velocity is way too big, it makes the spell look odd, decrease it to 10 or even 5.
Why, thank you. I think I could make it MPI (since it don't use wait), though I couldn't make it MUI. I just don't have anyway to test wether it's MPI or not...
the Velocity is too big? it's 400 MS per second, slower than that, it wouldn't be called a 'dash'...
Add comments to your trigger, many parts I didn't understand (*sigh* JASS is so much clearer).
JASS is still a world full of mystery for me ^^ Anyway, I'll try to add more comment, it's hard to make the trigger divided...
Code:
Set FieryDash_CasterPosition = (Position of FieryDash_Caster) Set FieryDash_CasterOldPosition = (Position of FieryDash_Caster)

bolded line is useless.
why? I need the old position variable to do bouncing if I ever hit a higher/lower terrain and map edge.
Also if I'm not mistaken (as I said the trigger if very messy so I might be mistaken indeed) your damaging, destroying and boucing functions effect objects that are behind you as well.
hmm...
just wondering, if it said 100 radius, is it diametre or?

Thanks for the C&C! I'll be working on it again!

I

IKilledKEnny

> I think I could make it MPI (since it don't use wait)

MPI can be easily done by adding to all variables array and then setting the array to player number(owner of triggering unit).

Note that you are using timer (well using trigger as a timer) so it still counts as a "wait" thus it is not MUI and can't be MUI with no JASS.

> Anyway, I'll try to add more comment, it's hard to make the trigger divided...

That would be great, thanks.

> just wondering, if it said 100 radius, is it diametre or?

Radius, but it doesn't matter it still picks object behind the caster.

L

LegACy99

Note that you are using timer (well using trigger as a timer) so it still counts as a "wait" thus it is not MUI and can't be MUI with no JASS.
But can it be MPI?
(I know there's no way it could be MUI without JASS)
Radius, but it doesn't matter it still picks object behind the caster.
nope, that's because I made the radius too big. I thought it was diametre >.<

Any leaks found?

BTW, what does it need to be approved to the spell section?

I

IKilledKEnny

> But can it be MPI?

Yes the same way I said, you need to add arrays to all your variables and keep refering to the number of owning player with them.

> Any leaks found?

I saw none, but as I said the trigger is messy so I could easily skip somthing.

> BTW, what does it need to be approved to the spell section?

Daxtreme decides that. Basically; leakless, original, has clear comments and instructions on how to copy.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to add implementation steps somewhere, in the form of a disabled trigger or comment. Which objects are used (Abilities, dummy units), variables and stuff.

The spell is original, but has flawed mechanics. About 75% of the time is passed destroying trees and wasting your time. Not having control of your unit is really annoying, mainly because he has to travel 6000 distance just so you can control him again. 6000 distance is long when anything can happen.

Also, when moving, you should play its walk animation with increased speed. It looks really weird right now because it seems like he's flying or something :p

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I call this PIN BALL ATTACK...lol it's really cool...but has some flaws as mentioned above

L

LegACy99

The spell is original, but has flawed mechanics. About 75% of the time is passed destroying trees and wasting your time. Not having control of your unit is really annoying, mainly because he has to travel 6000 distance just so you can control him again. 6000 distance is long when anything can happen.
I suppose that's because it destroy destructible, I'll find a way. Yeah, I suppose you're right about the not having control of the hero. I was thinking about someway so he can stop his dash, but he'll get damage by doing so.
It's just that the unit is paused while he's dashing >.<
Also, when moving, you should play its walk animation with increased speed. It looks really weird right now because it seems like he's flying or something
Well, the idea is that the hero is just kicking the ground once (dashing) that he jumps off any unit/destructible in his way, thus bouncing...

I call this PIN BALL ATTACK...lol it's really cool...but has some flaws as mentioned above
LOL
I was going to give that PinBall name to the skill. But then I thought it's not Warcraft-ish, so I change the name.
BTW, is itu Fiery or Firey? I found many 'Firey' words in games, anime, etc, but not in MS Word...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must change how it works.

At the moment it's useless as a spell.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
(I know there's no way it could be MUI without JASS)

Actually MUI can be performed in GUI but it is pretty hard, though elmstfreddie told me (indirectly, just for the classroom) a trick with integer loops.

It can be MUI in GUI, but it is much easier using JASS. :D

L

LegACy99

You must change how it works.

At the moment it's useless as a spell.
do you mean the mechanical of this spell or the concept of the spell?
if it's mechanical, yes, it still is flawed this time. But don't worry, the one I'm making right now have fixed it. It's now 90% bounce instead of going into the forest ^^

H

Holy_Satan

Legacy how do i make a charge looking effect to my unit thats gonna charge at enemy attacking it?

L

LegACy99

Legacy how do i make a charge looking effect to my unit thats gonna charge at enemy attacking it?
huh? a charge looking effect??

H

Holy_Satan

like a image running effect like in blooding sword or sumtin

L

LegACy99

Guys, I'm just wondering, how to do walking animation? I tried 'Animation - Play FieryDash_Caster's walk animation' every second but it's not working. is it because I make the animation speed 200%?

L

LegACy99

like a image running effect like in blooding sword or sumtin
sorry for not seeing your post (darn, this thing messed up >.<) I just don't get what you're trying to do...

BTW, how to make this MPI with timer? do I need to make 12 triggers for each timer array? I mean, even if I make it a trigger, I don't know which timer finished counting, thus I don't know which array I need to modify!

L

LegACy99

BUMP!
COme on... anyone can help me? I really need help with the walk animation and the MPI timer...
(is it 'walk' animation for walking?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.