Spell Fiery Dash

L

LegACy99

try the using animations tutorial by pandamine.
I've checked it, but still...

BTW, the skill is now UPDATED guys! Check it out! I'll be waiting for your feedback!! ^^

substance

Reaction score
Such advanced GUI... I cant comprehend why this wasnt made in JASS. It could be awesome!

Anyway it's a original idea, although most of the time it doesnt work as it should. The effects are nice and the documentation is superb.

Learn JASS man!

L

LegACy99

Such advanced GUI... I cant comprehend why this wasnt made in JASS. It could be awesome!
Learn JASS man!
Thank you. Well, I've been only into WE for 2-3 weeks now, so I want to at least learn the basic first before getting into JASS. And I plan to learn it as soon as I finish a map, don't worry ^^
Anyway it's a original idea, although most of the time it doesnt work as it should. The effects are nice and the documentation is superb.
Well, I plan it as one of those tricky spells, one mistake and you screw it all!

Come on guys! More feedback! (I'm a feedback lover =) =) )

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still cool, still flawed though :(

I suggest a complete rework of this spell, but it's a matter of opinion there. :p

--------------------------

While testing, I opted for realism, not just testing. So I didn't spawn hundreds of knights - several only (I did spawn 150 knights though and I laughed).

I'm always in the trees, period.

I even got stuck in the trees when they respawned and because of a factor I didn't understand yet you need to come directly in front of a tree in order to break it. Otherwise, it stands there, and your hero starts bugging out, trying to get past the map's limit but he cannot :p Often he also "slides" next to the trees instead of bouncing off them.

Also, the spell is, honestly, useless. No one could use that in a map efficiently. You have no control over your hero, it lasts kind of long, it is incredibly random, and the fact you always end up in the trees which produces absolutely nothing all contribute to make it useless in a normal, balanced map. The damage is also exponential, which is really hard to balance if matched with the random factor.

-------------------------------

I don't criticize without solutions though, so here they are!

Make it a point-target spell. You select where you want to go, and it dashes aiming there. If the hero encounters an object in the way, he violently smashes onto it, receiving a bit of damage and dealing a ton to the unit in the way. If nothing stands in the way, the caster reaches his destination and it could create some damaging AoE special effect around the target point.

Cool spell, and some people really like it. It's funny, and well done. Problem is, I can't accept it in the section for the above reasons.

L

LegACy99

I see your point Daxtreme, I'll rework this spell.
It's just... I'm wonderin, are you really get in trees and such? i'm barely get into trees anymore, u sure u're D/Ling the correct one?
Make it a point-target spell. You select where you want to go, and it dashes aiming there. If the hero encounters an object in the way, he violently smashes onto it, receiving a bit of damage and dealing a ton to the unit in the way. If nothing stands in the way, the caster reaches his destination and it could create some damaging AoE special effect around the target point.
Problem with it, is the concept I want to use is 'bouncing off terrains, doodad, etc'. But don't worry, I've found another way to do it:

The caster will dash to a random target (he now have no collision if he's about to hit a unit), strike through it, and keep dashing until it hits a terrain or destructible, then he will bounce to another random target in his vicinity, and so on. That will make it more functionable, but still keeps up with the concept. (oh no, more work!)

Anyway, I'm entering a spell competition with this spell, and the deadline is today >.< I hope I have enough time to remake this, or I'll gonna use the old spell for my submission... (and hope they're missing the spell flaw)

Wish me luck guys!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I'll explain what happened, exactly.

Most of the time I casted the spell (aiming at a unit) and it reached it. Good :)

Problem is, once it reached the unit it bounced, and went into the trees. This isn't so problematic, but the real problem is that instead of bouncing from the trees back to the first target encountered, it went off in an odd angle, into other trees. Then from those other trees it went to other trees, and so on.

Sometimes I got out of that endless loop to hit 1 unit and start all over :p

The "random" factor is the fact that when you cast this spell you can deal 300 damage as you can deal about 15000 :p

As for your new spell, you could rework it using only 1 thing: Instead of determinating angles randomly, make it dash towards a unit, simply.

If it hits a doodad, you make it aim a unit. If it hits a unit, you make it dash towards a doodad. That way it will always be balanced :)

L

LegACy99

As for your new spell, you could rework it using only 1 thing: Instead of determinating angles randomly, make it dash towards a unit, simply.

If it hits a doodad, you make it aim a unit. If it hits a unit, you make it dash towards a doodad. That way it will always be balanced
Problem with it, it could be bouncing toward a strange angle, like if it picks a doodad behind the unit, he will need to go right through the unit... Beside, I think it's too trigger-based instead of more real. It's just another variant of DoTA's Omnislash right?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> It's just another variant of DoTA's Omnislash right?

Well, not really since it is going through objects, and not blinking around.

L

LegACy99

Okay guys, new version is UP and RUNNING! It's v1.15 now!
I've completely reworked the spell, and I release it here to see if the concept was alright, so may be there's still some bugs left over there.

(I think I could use this for the competition)

L

LegACy99

sigh...
'0 views'

may be I forget to say it's +rep for anyone who's criticizing...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. I love it now :) This is exactly what I had in mind, even better.

There is one bug though. Sometimes your hero bugs out, "bouncing" off emptiness, and once he heads back again towards a unit it deals about 3000 damage to it, as if he bounced 20 times, but he didn't.

Also, when you initially cast the spell it goes in a random direction, not your facing direction.

Other than that, Good job!

L

LegACy99

Thanks!
There is one bug though. Sometimes your hero bugs out, "bouncing" off emptiness, and once he heads back again towards a unit it deals about 3000 damage to it, as if he bounced 20 times, but he didn't.
Huh? it never has happened to me, not once. The only bug that I can think off is when there's a unit in range, however, he's behind a forest, a doodad, cliff or something like that, then the caster would dash and then get stuck to the doodad or cliff or something like that.
like this:
0_________| X

0 = caster
X = target
| = cliff

is there a way to only pick units that's visible to you?

Also, when you initially cast the spell it goes in a random direction, not your facing direction.
it's not random, rather, it picks a random unit in vicinity as target. Ah, I see I haven't put the new description, sorry for it. The new tool tip describes it all.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I casted your spell 100 times and it happened only twice.

Problem is, the bug's still there :p

-------------------------------

Visibility - Unit is Visible to Player. Under Boolean.

L

LegACy99

Well, I think I got the bug solved, so V1.16 IS OUT GUYS!!

I think I'll try to make this MPI, I just don't know how to MPI-ed timer trigger. May be I'll end up using periodic time again...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.