Figure out Leaderboards

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Since they have added and renamed some stuff, I cannot get the leaderboard to work. I'm making a simple but fun zergling golem map for when market place launches but I'm missing a key component and that's the leaderboard to count kills. I realize in this editor we need a variable for this unlike Starcraft 1 but even then I can't get it to count. All it does is show the leader board and it's blank as can be.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Since they have added and renamed some stuff, I cannot get the leaderboard to work. I'm making a simple but fun zergling golem map for when market place launches but I'm missing a key component and that's the leaderboard to count kills. I realize in this editor we need a variable for this unlike Starcraft 1 but even then I can't get it to count. All it does is show the leader board and it's blank as can be.

Leaderboard
Events
Timer - Elapsed time is 0.1 Game Time seconds
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard with 2 columns and 2 rows, with the name "Leaderboard", and using (100%, 100%, 100%) color.
Variable - Set Leaderboard1 = (Last created leaderboard)
Leaderboard - Add player 1 to (Last created leaderboard)
Leaderboard - Set (Last created leaderboard) item text at column 1 and row 1 to "Player:"
Leaderboard - Set (Last created leaderboard) item text at column 1 and row 2 to (Name of player 1)
Leaderboard - Set (Last created leaderboard) item text at column 2 and row 1 to "Kill:"
Leaderboard - Set (Last created leaderboard) item text at column 2 and row 2 to (Text(HeroKill[0]))
Leaderboard - Show all leaderboards for (All players)

then create a variable array and put 0 as the starting value;

then when you want to update the board
LeaderboardUpate
Events
Timer - Every 1.0 seconds of Game Time
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Set Leaderboard1 item text at column 2 and row 2 to (Text(HeroKill[0]))
of course you can make it only update if a unit dies like also; i made made to increase kill by 1 when i type test just for testing purpose

you will also need to create a variable of type leaderboard
result:http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/863/resulty.jpg

EpicFlux

Reaction score
I figured all of that out except that it wont update my kills. Once I kill something it says 0 and wont increase. Everything is just like yours.

EDIT: Ok I got it working. Now do I need a new variable for each player or with just one Player_Kills integer array work for all players?

Yoshii

Reaction score
I figured all of that out except that it wont update my kills. Once I kill something it says 0 and wont increase. Everything is just like yours.

EDIT: Ok I got it working. Now do I need a new variable for each player or with just one Player_Kills integer array work for all players?

you just need one variable; example

Player_kill[0]=player1
player_kill[1]=player2 etc; thats why player_kill is an array variable:)
be warned tho that player start from 1 . while the array in the example start at 0 therefore using Player_kill[player number of owner of killing unit] or similar will start at 1 as there is no player 0 ; you can change it tho

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.