Final Fantasy 13

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Play the previous Final Fantasy games and you'll understand that it's not that weird actually. :rolleyes:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I just got the game yesterday. Get this; MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT IT FOR ME! :eek: I may now worship her.

See you in 65+ hours!

DM Cross

Reaction score
There can be only one.

And no, she's not the Highlander :) Just awesomeness [in a can]

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
There can be only one.

And no, she's not the Highlander :) Just awesomeness [in a can]

Vanilles annoying, just to warn you, like ive said a million times. Although as someone says, shes not what she seems to be.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Right now, she isn't annoying at all. If anything, she's the only uplifting person in the entire damn thing. Everyone else is kind of depressing, even Snow who's got a more positive attitude than the others.

I seriously wanna smack Hope, though. I mean, I understand his angle, but his angle makes me want to smack him.

Lightning is so 2-dimensional so far. Her character does not interest me at all.

Sazh is somewhat interesting. I think the chocobo in his hair was a bit much, but his entire personality is a bit much.

Snow is, as Lightning states back in Lake Bresha, all talk and flash. She [Lightning] really does need to pull the stick out of her ass, though.

Snow is definitely the coolest looking one, followed by Lightning, then Sazh, then Hope and then Vanille.

I've only put in about 4 hours so far. Damn "work" thing, getting in the way of my gaming :(

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
:)

Got the game a few days ago and I haven't put it down since, its a nice game compared to the older versions, this is the one I was waiting for to be the predecessor of FFX. The storyline right now I'm still kind figuring it out, I think I should read it online to fully understand it or at least the manual :p right now I'm in the part where they fought Amiga and just turned into pulse fal'Cie or l'Cie, they just got turned from boring to awesome with new moves and new attacks, and I unlocked the crystal system which words similar to the sphere grid system in FFX :) can't wait to play more, work and school is just getting in the way now. Can't wait how the story goes and hopefully it doesn't disappoint me.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:)

Got the game a few days ago and I haven't put it down since, its a nice game compared to the older versions, this is the one I was waiting for to be the predecessor of FFX. The storyline right now I'm still kind figuring it out, I think I should read it online to fully understand it or at least the manual :p right now I'm in the part where they fought Amiga and just turned into pulse fal'Cie or l'Cie, they just got turned from boring to awesome with new moves and new attacks, and I unlocked the crystal system which words similar to the sphere grid system in FFX :) can't wait to play more, work and school is just getting in the way now. Can't wait how the story goes and hopefully it doesn't disappoint me.

In fact, the game starts off rather boring, but improves greatly with time. You shouldn't be disappointed.

ReVolver

Reaction score
You think investing on the strategy guide (12.99$) would be a good deal for this? Usually I get the guide for FF games since they have better visuals (maps, items, bosses, etc) rather than just reading a wall of text from online guides.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
You think investing on the strategy guide (12.99$) would be a good deal for this? Usually I get the guide for FF games since they have better visuals (maps, items, bosses, etc) rather than just reading a wall of text from online guides.

Nah, the games too linear to need one.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, the "end-game" content is not that complicated. Once you get what you have to do, the goal is again pretty linear. :)

What you can do though, isn't.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I was expecting more side quests like Final Fantasy X :eek:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not so much about side-quests but rather that you can do pretty much anything you want. Of course, the choice is not yours entirely: it's either missions, storyline, or riding chocobo. But there are 64 missions, and you don't know the hell where they start. So you're off on exploring where they start! :)

For my part, I'm greatly enjoying the end-game. Definitely my play-style.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm nearing the Platinum Trophy for this game.

Anybody got it yet on these boards?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I've had it for a bit, on the Japanese version though. I used to just have a basic completion, but I built one up for it for fun. o.o

DM Cross

Reaction score
I still haven't beaten the game. Once I heard the entire game is almost completed "in that tube", I guess it killed it for me. I can't imagine much "in depth plot" from that kind of system.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got my platinum yesterday.

Hell of a ride, it was.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Okay, so I just finally got to the third disc and I have to say, I'm disappointed in the "Everyone can master every role" thing... I understand the reasoning for it, as now no matter who you have you can do anything and everything, but that's the point that kinda disappointed me. I liked the challenge of trying to figure out how to use the people available to me. And their roles kinda defined their characters, in my opinion. Now it's like saying they're all the same, or at least they can be...

Also, I don't know if it's me, but Summons seem to be a freaking waste in this game. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I summon the bastard and it seems like fighting with it is LESS helpful than fighting with my people, but as the timer is running short, I do the dual mode and hit a few attacks before hitting the "ALL" attack. And it seems like it's not even worth the time... Any suggestions?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
They're meant to coincide with how you had to capture them... With Odin you have to chain and chain and chain, and chain again. With Snow's pair it's basically taking the damage and dealing it back alike... They're all different.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so I just finally got to the third disc and I have to say, I'm disappointed in the "Everyone can master every role" thing... I understand the reasoning for it, as now no matter who you have you can do anything and everything, but that's the point that kinda disappointed me. I liked the challenge of trying to figure out how to use the people available to me. And their roles kinda defined their characters, in my opinion. Now it's like saying they're all the same, or at least they can be...

Also, I don't know if it's me, but Summons seem to be a freaking waste in this game. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I summon the bastard and it seems like fighting with it is LESS helpful than fighting with my people, but as the timer is running short, I do the dual mode and hit a few attacks before hitting the "ALL" attack. And it seems like it's not even worth the time... Any suggestions?

Well, not really. They do not get all the same skills. As far as Commandos and sentinels are concerned, they're basically the same, but ravagers, saboteurs, synergists and medics don't get all the same skills.

For instance, only Fang and Vanille get Bravera and Faithra. Vanille never gets Haste. Half of them have Poison. Hope only has AoE debuffs. Only Vanille and Hope get curaja, and curasa is quite rare too.

Summons are quite useful for many reasons:

1. They revive and fully heal your whole party once summoned.
2. They have specific strengths and weaknesses, refer to Renendaru's post. In the case of Fang's summon, for instance, Megaflare's massive damage against a staggered target is really useful (Above 100,000)
3. in the end-game, some monsters become really, really easier to kill once the summon's popped in. You will get to meet them eventually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.