Other Final Fantasy Warcraft

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Final Fantasy Warcraft basically is a isometric turned-based tactics game where you move by grids. This game is greatly based on Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

I'm unsure if I should actually start on this project. However, I did create the core system, which consists of all grid mechanics, moving mechanics, attacking mechanics, etc.

A screen-shot of what the grids look like.
79148759.jpg

And a screen-shot displaying the panels which you can move if you want to move.
83801922.jpg

Game Details

The game detail is pretty similar to Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Basically, you take turns to move around the map and attack each other with normal attack and spells.

Turns
Each player controls one hero unit. These unit only can move in turns. The sequence of the units are determined by their "Speed". Units with higher speed have their turns in further at the top of the sequence. Thus, the unit with the highest speed in the battlefield will be able to take action first. A unit with twice the speed of another unit is able to take another turn before the other unit takes turn. So let's say unit A has 100 speed. Unit B has 49 speed. The turn order would be:

1) A
2) A
3) B

Different hero jobs have different base speed. In a turn, a unit have the commands Move, Attack, Spells and Wait.

Move
Move basically moves your unit to other panels. The amount of panels that you can travel are based on a stats called "Movement". The screen-shot above displays the movable range for a unit with 4 Movement.

Attack
Attack allows your unit to physically attack your enemies. However, a melee hero only can attack units that are adjacent to them. Diagonally adjacent does not apply. Ranged heroes are able to attack further away, but dependent on their Range. Physical damage depends on the stat "Power".

Spells
Spells can be in many forms. Some job spells mostly consist of support spells such as heal while other job spells might consist offensive spells such as magic area damage. Spells all differ based on the job. Magical spells depend on the stat "Magic" while Physical damage depends on the stat "Power". Spells cannot be leveled. They are dependent on the unit's stats, so it will scale accordingly. Instead, spells can be bought by "Kill Points", which are obtained as you kill enemy units. Spells are bought in shops that are placed randomly on the map. Do note that friendly fire is applicable for area targeted spells in this game.

Wait
Wait is basically the command to end your turn. When you wait, you are given the choice to face Up, Right, Down or Left. The importance of unit facing will be explained later on. If you commanded Wait without moving on that turn, your next turn comes earlier.

Importance of Facing
In this game, the facing direction is extremely important. Units that attack another unit from its facing direction will cause a decrease in damage and chance to hit. Units attacking from the side will deal normal damage and have their standard chance to hit, which is all based on their stats. Attacking from the back gives a greater chance to hit while boosting damage dealt. Thus, it's important that players make the correct decision when moving, attacking or even waiting. Teamwork will be necessary too. For example, a player could move their units to their teammate's unit and face in a way so that their backs are faced to each other. This eliminates any back-attack from physical attackers.

Objective
At this stage, I'm not too sure what objective it should be. Perhaps a kill count that your team have to reach first. Or perhaps a CTF. Could make it have different modes.

Death
On an event that you die, all enemy heroes will gain experience. The killer will receive "Kill Points" which is necessary to purchase new abilities. The dead hero will be revived in a number of turns, or alternatively, can be revived by abilities and items.

Items
Items also require "Kill Points" to be purchased. Items are either a permanent item or a usable item. Usable items tend to be Potions, etc which are for one-time use. Permanent items comes in types, such as armors and weapons. More than one weapon or armor can be equipped at a time, which is not the case for the actual Final Fantasy Tactics A2. However, all items reduce speed. Thus, having too much items can result in a negative effect as well.

Stats
These are the stats that are in this game.

Health - Health of the unit
Power - Determines the damage dealt from a physical damage
Armor - Determines the damage blocked from a physical damage
Mana - Mana of the unit
Magic - Determines the damage dealt from a magical damage
Resistance - Determines the damage blocked from a magic damage
Accuracy - Determines the chance to hit a unit.
Speed - Determines the chance to evade an ability and the turn sequence.

At the moment, I don't really consider having a cap on hero levels. All stats increases every level by default, however, the growth defers for different heroes. Leveling heroes also obtain extra point(s) which they can allocate to Strength, Agility or Intelligence. Strength basically increases Health, Armor and Power. Agility increases Accuracy and Speed. Intelligence increases Mana, Magic and Resistance. This allows customization for players.

For the chance to hit and dodging mechanics, it's quite simple. If the attacker's Accuracy is greater than or equal to the target's speed, the chance to hit is 100%. If the attacker's Accuracy is less than the target's speed, the chance to hit decreases. The minimum chance to hit is 20%.

NPC Unit
These units are basically "Neutral Hostile Creeps" in terms of Warcraft III. These units are basically ordered to move around the battle field and attack any player except themselves. They serve as sources for level and Kill Points for players during the early stages. They spawn periodically and some of them are spawned from start.

Things That Need to be Done
- Heroes
- Hero Abilities
- Completion of Stat System
- Terrain

Terrainer

I'm in need of a person who can terrain. Doesn't have to be an epic terrain, a pretty simple one.

Feedback

Currently, although I have all these ideas in mind, I'm still not sue whether if I should continue with the project. Thus, I need some feedback before I actually start. Would this be a fun game to play? Feel free to leave any feedback about this idea.

Thank you.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Neutral Unit - a Hero one but weaker than the Player heros.
Are you working on Evil Christmas and this now?

Yeah, I did mention NPC units. Well, Evil Christmas is a mini-game so doesn't really require much time and tweaks per update. Though if I work on this, I'll have less time for Evil Christmas, of course.

GOGETIA

Reaction score
this is just an idea that i had mabye for one of the hero spells or something create weak spawns

And another thing in the picture that showed the grid with the movement make the green tiles a lighter green its kinda hard to tell

but overall i think this is a good idea for a map :)

I really hope you go through with it

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
this is just an idea that i had mabye for one of the hero spells or something create weak spawns

And another thing in the picture that showed the grid with the movement make the green tiles a lighter green its kinda hard to tell

Ah, okay.

BUMP! Need more feedback.

Joshman_09

Reaction score
Is this going to be like an rpg kind of thing or just a minigame? Either way i think it looks B-A and i think u should continue the project d-(^.^)z If you need a beta tester or something gimme a pm ^^

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Is this going to be like an rpg kind of thing or just a minigame? Either way i think it looks B-A and i think u should continue the project d-(^.^)z If you need a beta tester or something gimme a pm ^^

Not a RPG. Something like a mini-game, but I wouldn't really call it a mini-game as it would require heavy systems, etc to actually complete this. It could have different modes like CTF, or a kill count, or possibly a free for all.

GOGETIA

Reaction score
Mabye make like a % based dodge system based on the characters agility? and mabye a block based system based on strength?? And then you could do something for int like having more int lets you move farther or do more damage by being smart and outmatching your oponent

mabye try to make the leveling system affect how far you can move, how much you can hit, and your chance to dodge. Also try to connect leveling not to creeps dying but to your character doing damage. So you wouldnt get xp for killing X creep you would get X amount of xp for doing X damage to X creep. Thats how they have it in lots of games

If u need a tester just post a visitor message

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Lol, its Fantasy, its Warcraft and its going to be probably epic. Its a fun checker-type game I wanna test too ;)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Mabye make like a % based dodge system based on the characters agility? and mabye a block based system based on strength?? And then you could do something for int like having more int lets you move farther or do more damage by being smart and outmatching your oponent

Hmm, well, I don't really want to make things that complicated. But yes, higher speed does increase your dodge rate.

mabye try to make the leveling system affect how far you can move, how much you can hit, and your chance to dodge. Also try to connect leveling not to creeps dying but to your character doing damage. So you wouldnt get xp for killing X creep you would get X amount of xp for doing X damage to X creep. Thats how they have it in lots of games

About how far you want to move, I want to make it quite limited, only able to be increased via items or skills. As for your idea of getting experience per hit, that's a good idea. Probably will put it that way.

If u need a tester just post a visitor message

Alright, sure.

Lol, its Fantasy, its Warcraft and its going to be probably epic. Its a fun checker-type game I wanna test too ;)

Will notify ;)

GOGETIA

Reaction score
You could have different terrains to give you different bonuses. Like mabye if ur standing in a forest you would have a higher defense and mabye when in long grass a higher attack or something like that. That would make the game much more strategic instead of just running at people and attacking you would try to get to a place of power

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
You could have different terrains to give you different bonuses. Like mabye if ur standing in a forest you would have a higher defense and mabye when in long grass a higher attack or something like that. That would make the game much more strategic instead of just running at people and attacking you would try to get to a place of power

Lol, but I thought the terrain was the white-checkerlike? Maybe doodads?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score

Well, terrain isn't really a option as the "Tiles" are really just dummy units, covering the floor.

Lol, but I thought the terrain was the white-checkerlike? Maybe doodads?

Yes, doodads are a possibility. Just to make the map look more "alive" rather than plain and boring.

doomsday

Reaction score
DO IT PLZ. I HAVE COMPLETED FFA2 on normal and im running on hard atm and i find no challenge D:
so playing vs humans mite make it more difficult. if u require help. i will be very glad to help u.
i can do the Vierra/nu mou jobs if u would like. i can create or import spells similar to that of the units.
PM me or reply 2 this

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
DO IT PLZ. I HAVE COMPLETED FFA2 on normal and im running on hard atm and i find no challenge D:
so playing vs humans mite make it more difficult. if u require help. i will be very glad to help u.
i can do the Vierra/nu mou jobs if u would like. i can create or import spells similar to that of the units.
PM me or reply 2 this

Hmm, well, although I'm doing this based on FFA2, it's not going to be 100% the same. There will be some changes, such as spells, concepts, etc. However, many of the abilities will still be based on FFA2. However, for now, I'm still making all the systems necessary. So if I require any spell help in the future, will notify.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Almost finished with most systems for the first release. Now need to work on heroes and skills.

However, I'm in need of a terrainer, just for better terraining, as my terraining is truly horrible. If you're interested, leave me a message or just reply here. Thanks :thup:

doomsday

Reaction score
heres the 64x64 icy design, i have included waygates which teleport from one location to another using triggers, if u dont like them just delete them.

Attachments

• icy 64x64.w3x
    36.7 KB · Views: 375

GOGETIA

Reaction score
wait a second... if the tiles are dummy units couldnt you just get different custom models for the units? Idk im not really sure how dummy units work but that seems like it would work. And how would doodads help anymore? you cant place doodads on units can you?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
wait a second... if the tiles are dummy units couldnt you just get different custom models for the units? Idk im not really sure how dummy units work but that seems like it would work. And how would doodads help anymore? you cant place doodads on units can you?

Well, yes, I would use different models for the tiles. However, I would need different tile designs. Doodads can be placed as the tiles have locust, meaning that they can just be created on the doodads. Do note that the tiles are created in game initialization and not pre-placed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.